• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Political Discourse: Keeping it Civil

In summary, Ellen's photo shoot was for the new recruiting promo paperwork, but she was stressed about what she would take and they ended up using an outfit that wasn't meant for the shoot.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
Politics...So my hopes with this thread is that we can all share our political thoughts but not get MEAN ABOUT IT....

I hope that this doesn't turn into a bad thread because I know how sometimes Politics can bring out the worst in everyone but I thought that with the Presidential Primaries under way that it MIGHT be a good idea....

Well to be honest with you I decided to start the thread but at this point I don't have anything to add to it.

Although I am a registerd Republican, I would say that I vote as a Christian. Whichever candidate represents my moral beliefs etc is going to get my vote.

Christ Follower said:
Although I am a registerd Republican, I would say that I vote as a Christian. Whichever candidate represents my moral beliefs etc is going to get my vote.

I agree with you Ellen...I will tell you something though...I am sick of Obama using the race card and Hillary using the Female card...Not every woman will be voting for Hillary so you can't even figure it out that way AND TRUST ME I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT...

I am a Registered Republican but not every Republican will do as good of a job as a Democrat...

And from who we have to go off of right now I will tell you though that depending on who each party nominates will decide on who I vote for...I can tell you that if the democrats nominate a certain candidate...SHE will certainly not get my vote...I don't like her and I think that she is very dishonest...

Personally I think that the Democrats Nominated the WRONG JOHN last time around...if they would have had Edwards as their candidate...I might have voted for him...but I don't trust John Kerry so I certainly wasn't going to vote for him...

Well that is my 2cents on the issue...I hope that we get more feedback...I do like to know how other people feel about politics...

I'm a registered Democrat however that's so I can vote in the primary and my politics lean very liberal/progressive. But as last time, this year has me wondering what's the point since PA's primary is so far into the 'race' anyway... it's kinda anti-climactic.. I'm more Independent than anything though... don't have much nice to think of either the Democans or the Republicrats... the line blurs so easily at times. As for who I vote for, I tend to vote for the person with the best political platform (what changes they want to make, what it is they stand for, how they intend to do their job) which is like their employment application - we are hiring them with our vote. Their gender, race, nor religion weighs in at all for me UNLESS it weighs their platform down to answer to special interests. I'm tired of lobbyists, corporations and special interests of all kinds running our country and influencing our leaders and slowing down things that actually help the average person (like consumer protections - just read an article recently about how that dept that oversees recalls and such has been stripped down to just about nothing leaving consumers on their own when it comes to buying safe products).I don't really want to vote for Obama or for Hilary... not because of eithers race or gender but from what I've read about either and both in a variety of progressive sources. I'd love to vote for Kucinich and may in the primary but know it's simply a straw vote... I'd really like a multi-party system... other countries have no troubles running such things and you'd think we could handle it... from the frustrations I've heard of many folks, it's past due. Our system was created at a time when we needed a system that leveled the playing field for educated and uneducated alike (and tried to be fair)... but it's outdated and crippling real change that's desperately needed... business as usual is expensive and even getting dangerous for many Americans, if you ask me.. Just my 2 cents... mileage may vary, contact your manufacturer for details. LOL

I'm a republican also, but would vote for John Edwards in a second. I have doubts with Obama, Clinton already ran the white house for 8 years while her hubby played with the ladies...

and the republican's dont have too much going for them either. no one trips my trigger, if you kwim.

just have to wait and see. At this point, anyone would be better than what we have now.

Addie's photo shootCan you tell us what it was for?

It was for the new recruiting promo paperwork is what we were told. I stressed so much about what I would take and they ended up using an outfit that wasn't meant for the shoot! :) Someone else brought two huge suitcases worth of clothes and they only used a pair of slacks and provided a sweater for her wear. It was a really pretty blue to match her eyes. It was 5 of us and they posed us just like the pix you see when you log on to PC. They say it may even show up there.

Addie4TLC said:
It was for the new recruiting promo paperwork is what we were told. I stressed so much about what I would take and they ended up using an outfit that wasn't meant for the shoot! :) Someone else brought two huge suitcases worth of clothes and they only used a pair of slacks and provided a sweater for her wear. It was a really pretty blue to match her eyes. It was 5 of us and they posed us just like the pix you see when you log on to PC. They say it may even show up there.

How awesome - you're famous!!!
(can i have your autograph?)
Now we can say "we knew her way back when...
;)
Seriously - I am really excited for you...and proud to know you :)

dannyzmom said:
How awesome - you're famous!!!
(can i have your autograph?)
Now we can say "we knew her way back when...
;)
Seriously - I am really excited for you...and proud to know you :)

Thank you so much, I haven't really been able to enjoy it. I wish the other Directors in my market felt the same way. They don't even know about this shoot so I can just imagine how things will get. I got the cold shoulder at Leadership and heard about some comments that were made insinuating that I'm the "favorite" and that's why I'm getting all of this attention (Dream patrol and the cover of CN in Spanish.) I didn't even like the picture!! Truth is I feel like I don't deserve it, recruiting 8 in Sept was great but definitely not something that happens often.

Can you post a pic of the cover of the Spanish CN?

That's so awesome!! Congratulations!:)

Oooooh!!!
You are SO beautiful!!!!
Congratulations!

Very cool!

That's so exciting!!! And Inspiring!!!

You guys are too nice, thank you. I was horrified when I saw that pix all blown up like that. The good thing about the photo shoot is that I was worked over by a professional and they will probably do some much needed air brushing.

If you go to the last page of our Spanish KC you will see our top sellers. I was #3 in group sales and it was a really bad month. But you see.... You all would blow us out of the water! :)

Your husband is a hottie :)

DebbieJ said:
Your husband is a hottie :)

LOL Jean said he was cute. He totally surprised me walking in in a suit and tie when just minutes before he was wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt! :) I wont tell him you said that or he'll get a big head.

That is so great! Don't let anyone let you feel less then great about your accomplishments.

Addie4TLC said:
Thank you so much, I haven't really been able to enjoy it. I wish the other Directors in my market felt the same way. They don't even know about this shoot so I can just imagine how things will get. I got the cold shoulder at Leadership and heard about some comments that were made insinuating that I'm the "favorite" and that's why I'm getting all of this attention (Dream patrol and the cover of CN in Spanish.) I didn't even like the picture!! Truth is I feel like I don't deserve it, recruiting 8 in Sept was great but definitely not something that happens often.

Clementina told me about some of the "drama"--just IGNORE IT!!!! :):)

Addie, you deserve every accoloade that comes your way and don't you worry about what anyone says or thinks. The best way to prove others wrong is to succeed! Jealousy does bad things to people!

And about the cover...you are beautiful in person...remember, I was the one that ran up to you at Leadership in the "mall" on Thursday! I told you I recognized you from the CN pics!

chefmeg said:
Addie, you deserve every accoloade that comes your way and don't you worry about what anyone says or thinks. The best way to prove others wrong is to succeed! Jealousy does bad things to people!

And about the cover...you are beautiful in person...remember, I was the one that ran up to you at Leadership in the "mall" on Thursday! I told you I recognized you from the CN pics!
I remember!!! Even though I had not met any of you before it was SO exciting to see Cheffers there, like we were long time friends! Thank you all for your kind words.

DebbieJ said:
Clementina told me about some of the "drama"--just IGNORE IT!!!! :):)
Clementina is one of the few adults, I was thrilled when she promot4ed to Director. I know she could have done it before but waited until she was ready. I like to cheer success no matter who it is in our market because compared to Canada we are still FAR behind. Others like to look out for number one. There are few to be fair, others don't have that problem.

What is political discourse?

Political discourse refers to the exchange of ideas, opinions, and arguments about political issues among individuals or groups. It is a way for people to voice their perspectives and engage in discussions about government policies, social issues, and other matters that affect society.

Why is it important to keep political discourse civil?

Civil political discourse promotes respectful and productive discussions, allowing for the exchange of diverse viewpoints and the possibility of finding common ground. It also helps to maintain a healthy and peaceful society, as well as fostering a sense of understanding and tolerance among individuals with differing opinions.

How can I participate in political discourse in a civil manner?

To keep political discourse civil, it is important to listen actively, be open-minded, and avoid personal attacks or insults. Use respectful language and refrain from making assumptions or generalizations. Focus on discussing ideas and facts rather than attacking individuals or groups.

What are some common barriers to civil political discourse?

Some common barriers to civil political discourse include confirmation bias, where individuals only seek out information that confirms their beliefs, as well as the use of inflammatory language and the tendency to take things personally. Other barriers include a lack of empathy, close-mindedness, and a lack of understanding of different perspectives.

How can we promote civil political discourse in our communities?

We can promote civil political discourse in our communities by actively listening to others, being respectful and open-minded, and engaging in constructive discussions rather than arguments. It is also important to educate ourselves and others on different perspectives and to encourage empathy and understanding in our interactions with others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
2 3