• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Please Do Not Use the Ho Lead System....

they used to put you back in the rotation.Ok, so how are these people supposed to get help then with a consultant or other?I have picked up several leads for people that actually need customer service, or hospitality. Big deal. They need the help. I get about 7/10 leads that are duds too--people don't call me back or ignore my emails--ok. So what. Get over it. You mess with the lead system and HO will really screw it up.
I have a team of 3 directors and we have received 2 HO leads in the past month that have turned out to be other consultants looking for hospitality or supplies for themselves. :grumpy: as you can imagine this is quite disappointing to miss out on your turn in the rotation for a sale or real new lead!

Please do not use the lead system to look for hospitality, supplies or anything else that it was not intented to be used for. For those of you who may not know.... the HO lead system generates leads for TLs and above. When someone goes onto the main PC website and enters information requesting a consultant for whatever reason (purchases, booking a show, starting a business) the request is sent to a local TL or above. This is done on a rotational basis. When you, as a current consultant, go on to find hospitality for yourself or someone else it take that TL or above out of the rotation... meaning they are missing out on a chance to build their business. If you need hospitality, please call the consultant career center at HO. They will be happy to direct you to someone locally.

Have you contacted HO to let them know that they were not valid leads? They used to put you back in the rotation, ie. recognized it was not a valid lead.

Ok, so how are these people supposed to get help then with a consultant or other? I have picked up several leads for people that actually need customer service, or hospitality. Big deal. They need the help. I get about 7/10 leads that are duds too--people don't call me back or ignore my emails--ok. So what. Get over it. You mess with the lead system and HO will really screw it up.

Nanisu said:
Ok, so how are these people supposed to get help then with a consultant or other? I have picked up several leads for people that actually need customer service, or hospitality. Big deal. They need the help. I get about 7/10 leads that are duds too--people don't call me back or ignore my emails--ok. So what. Get over it. You mess with the lead system and HO will really screw it up.

All you have to do, rather than misusing the lead system, is call HO at 1-888-OUR-CHEF and tell them you are a consultant looking for another consultant in such & such area. Or click on the "find a consultant" link on The Pampered Chef

I agree with Carolyn... there is a correct way to handle things and it is easy to call HO and get directed to someone. Yes Nancy, a lot of the leads are duds but shouldn't we encourage our consultants to do things the right way. It is a training issue. And when a have a team of new directors under me and they get discouraged because other consultants are abusing the system it is very discouraging and disappointing when they are working so hard to build their businesses.

PCJenni said:
I agree with Carolyn... there is a correct way to handle things and it is easy to call HO and get directed to someone. Yes Nancy, a lot of the leads are duds but shouldn't we encourage our consultants to do things the right way. It is a training issue. And when a have a team of new directors under me and they get discouraged because other consultants are abusing the system it is very discouraging and disappointing when they are working so hard to build their businesses.

Very well put, Jenni.

I'm very surprised to hear that consultants are doing this.....thankful that none of them are on my team!! I LOVE the lead system and getting to be a part of it as a Team Leader is absolutely wonderful. Everyone should shoot for at least that level!!!!!

c00p said:
I'm very surprised to hear that consultants are doing this.....thankful that none of them are on my team!! I LOVE the lead system and getting to be a part of it as a Team Leader is absolutely wonderful. Everyone should shoot for at least that level!!!!!

It is maddening when consultants do this :grumpy:

I think it is pretty much a training issue... unfortunately, not everyone has the type of directors or recruiters that will tell a consultant the right way to go about it. Which is why they are on there in the first place looking for others! :) It might be worth letting someone from HO know that it happens. That way they could maybe post a clip in the Newswire about how to find other consltants around you. Luckily, that hasn't personally happened to me yet but I would not be very happy to have a lead be a fellow consultant.

Becca_in_MD said:
Have you contacted HO to let them know that they were not valid leads? They used to put you back in the rotation, ie. recognized it was not a valid lead.

They do not do that any more. If it's a bad lead, it's a bad lead.

Nancy: I am really surprised at your post. Maybe you misunderstood the issue here. CONSULTANTS should never use the lead system. That's what their upline, CC, HO, this and other sites are for. Customers using it to get customer service is fine. I have had lots of leads from people wanting a $1 replacement part or a discontinued item. Some have gotten me nowhere. Some haven't returned my call or email. That's life but at least those aren't consultants using someone's chance in the system.

Nancy: I am really surprised at your post. Maybe you misunderstood the issue here. CONSULTANTS should never use the lead system. That's what their upline, CC, HO, this and other sites are for. Customers using it to get customer service is fine. I have had lots of leads from people wanting a $1 replacement part or a discontinued item. Some have gotten me nowhere. Some haven't returned my call or email. That's life but at least those aren't consultants using someone's chance in the system.[/QUOTE]

Well put Beth and exactly my point in posting in the first place! If a lead is a dead end, so be it. But we should not be sabotaging each other for our own purposes.

Nanisu said:

I am blunt and to the point and can appreciate that type of personality but wow, for a director to have such a response that has so much tone (and rudeness)... I am surprised. No need to sugar coat things but I'm just glad I don't have to hear my director tell people to get over it. A simple explanation would suffice rather than the short suck it up attitude. A good leader would know that its not what is said but how it is said that is often the problem. But don't worry, I'll get over it. Sheesh. :grumpy:

Ok, my apologies--I totally misread the post. I thought she was complaining about people using the system to get hold of consultants for any other reason besides booking shows--I agree that if you are a consultant and misusing the system for the other reason you are being unfair. Sorry, I did misread the post and I totally apolgize. Sorry guys, 5 shows in 5 days and 5 more to go before Monday....my brain checked out early yesterday. Please forgive me.

forgiven and I'd be happy to lighten your load for you ;)

Apology accepted :D

A very nice, sincere apology.:blushing:

5 shows in 5 days? You. Go. GIRL!!!!!!!
AWESOME!!!
How'd they go?
Bookings? Sales? Recruit leads? What'd you make?

You go, girl!And personally ... I think you're preaching to the choir! Not to be Di Downer, but people who use this site have no problem finding fellow consultants ... all we have to do is look around us. They're right here!

BethCooks4U said:
They do not do that any more. If it's a bad lead, it's a bad lead.

Nancy: I am really surprised at your post. Maybe you misunderstood the issue here. CONSULTANTS should never use the lead system. That's what their upline, CC, HO, this and other sites are for. Customers using it to get customer service is fine. I have had lots of leads from people wanting a $1 replacement part or a discontinued item. Some have gotten me nowhere. Some haven't returned my call or email. That's life but at least those aren't consultants using someone's chance in the system.

It's kind of like calling 911 to ask if they know if it's supposed to snow tomorrow. There are other avenues to use.

lockhartkitchen said:
It's kind of like calling 911 to ask if they know if it's supposed to snow tomorrow. There are other avenues to use.

The sad thing is, people do THAT all the time too! Or to ask for directions. There was an article in our paper recently about it. Don't remember how many (%) of the calls, but it was way too many.

You just can't fix st*pid. :D

You'd think that the first place someone would think to go to would be their recruiter! I guess unfortunately, there are those consultants out there who handle their consultants like they do their customers- they get what THEY want and then forget about them. Very sad.

Very true Bobbi. There are the stupids out there. Directions? Crazy.

lockhartkitchen said:

You do know that happens, though, right? :eek: My brother is an EMT and they get crazy calls. Someone calls for an ambulance to take them to the hospital and asks if they'll stop to pick some cigarettes up on the way.

1. What is the "Ho Lead System" and why should I not use it?

The "Ho Lead System" is a lead generation system that is not endorsed or supported by Pampered Chef. We do not recommend using this system as it may not align with our company's values and may also violate our policies.

2. Is the "Ho Lead System" against Pampered Chef's terms and conditions?

While we cannot comment on specific systems or methods, we do have policies in place to ensure that all Independent Consultants are operating their businesses ethically and in alignment with our company values. We encourage all consultants to familiarize themselves with our Terms of Use and Policies.

3. Can using the "Ho Lead System" result in consequences for my Pampered Chef business?

We cannot guarantee any specific consequences as it would depend on the individual circumstances. However, using any lead generation system that does not align with our company's values and policies may result in consequences for your Pampered Chef business.

4. What are the approved methods for generating leads for my Pampered Chef business?

We recommend building relationships and sharing your passion for Pampered Chef with friends, family, and through social media. We also offer training and resources to help you grow your business in a way that is in alignment with our company values.

5. How can I report the use of the "Ho Lead System" by another Pampered Chef consultant?

If you are aware of another consultant using the "Ho Lead System" or any other lead generation system that does not align with our company's values and policies, please report it to our Ethics and Compliance team at [email protected]. We take these matters seriously and will investigate any reported violations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Shae424
  • ktraceyk
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • amy07