• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning Your Home Office Tour: Duration and Scheduling Considerations

I think they should just give you a printed guide. The tour is still worth doing, but this year there's a better chance that you'll see more of what you're paying for.
SusanBP0129
I really want to take the Home Office Tour, but is it really 4 hours long??
My flight arrives at 8am on the 9th & leaves O'Hare at 6pm on the 11th, so I don't think it'll work....
Thoughts???

Last year it was shorter but I think they listen to us this year... and lengthen it becasue last year it went so fast that no one saw anything really.... So I am going on the 8am tour this year!!

Part of the time is travel - if I remember correctly, it took 30-45 minutes to get there.

Yes it takes 30-45 mins to get there.. and they feed you really well on the bus!!

I'm registered for the 7:00am tour! I can't wait to see HO.

Last year I truly felt like I was in Hollywood or something becasue I honstly cant' tell you waht i saw and did at all during confernce oterh than looking through photos and notes!! So I am really excited this year!!!

SusanBP0129 said:
I really want to take the Home Office Tour, but is it really 4 hours long??
My flight arrives at 8am on the 9th & leaves O'Hare at 6pm on the 11th, so I don't think it'll work....
Thoughts???

From what I remember, the tour is not 4 hours. For the 7:00 tour, by the time you board the bus, and actually leave McCormick, it's roughly 7:30. The ride, barring any bad traffic, is about 30-45 minutes. It's a great time to chat with the other cheffers. I think the tour was about 1.5 hours total, but I didn't look at my watch. Then the ride back home.

If you're landing at 8am, assuming it's on time, once you've gathered your luggage (unless it's carry on) and reach the city, you're already nearing 9:30 am. You're still in the middle of rush hour, so a cab will be slow. The subway (also known as the "Blue line") may be your better bet. You won't be able to make the Day 1 tour.

Your best bet would to be to sign up for the last day tour, with the direct drop off at O'Hare. But I would double check with HO on the amount of time to travel from HO to O'Hare to be on the safe side.

HTH

TourThanks Darcy!
That's sort of what I was thinking.
I will call HO & see what they say.
:D

ddcook said:
From what I remember, the tour is not 4 hours. For the 7:00 tour, by the time you board the bus, and actually leave McCormick, it's roughly 7:30. The ride, barring any bad traffic, is about 30-45 minutes. It's a great time to chat with the other cheffers. I think the tour was about 1.5 hours total, but I didn't look at my watch. Then the ride back home.

If you're landing at 8am, assuming it's on time, once you've gathered your luggage (unless it's carry on) and reach the city, you're already nearing 9:30 am. You're still in the middle of rush hour, so a cab will be slow. The subway (also known as the "Blue line") may be your better bet. You won't be able to make the Day 1 tour.

Your best bet would to be to sign up for the last day tour, with the direct drop off at O'Hare. But I would double check with HO on the amount of time to travel from HO to O'Hare to be on the safe side.

HTH

If you read the descriptions of things on CC, the HO tour is self-guided this year, so you can spend more time in the areas that interest you more.And the warehouse will be undergoing renovations, so there will be a video for that portion of the tour.

chefann said:
If you read the descriptions of things on CC, the HO tour is self-guided this year, so you can spend more time in the areas that interest you more.

It was self-guided last year too, and IMHO, kinda lame.

1. How long is the Ho Tour event?

The duration of the Ho Tour event varies depending on the location and activities planned. Typically, it can last anywhere from 2-4 hours.

2. Will there be food provided during the Ho Tour?

Yes, the Ho Tour event will include light refreshments and snacks for attendees to enjoy.

3. Do I need to bring anything to the Ho Tour?

No, all necessary materials and supplies will be provided by Pampered Chef for the Ho Tour event. Just bring yourself and an appetite for fun!

4. Is there a cost to attend the Ho Tour?

There is no cost to attend the Ho Tour event. It is a complimentary experience for our valued customers and guests.

5. Can I bring a friend to the Ho Tour?

Absolutely! The more the merrier. Feel free to invite friends, family, or anyone who may be interested in learning more about Pampered Chef products and recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
EpTxGuy
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
Becky0216
  • Lady Chef
  • General Chat