• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Cuban-Themed Party: Mojitos & Recipe Ideas

In summary, the host is planning a Cuban theme party and is looking for Cuban recipes to go along with the mojitos she is making. The conversation suggests trying a Cuban Midnight Sandwich and a recipe for black bean soup. There are also suggestions for a Grilled Cuban Steak and a Creamy Mojito Torte for dessert. The conversation also mentions using a grill pan and press for the sandwiches and that the host was born in Cuba.
pamperedmomto3
I have a host that wants to do a Cuban theme party. I'm not much of a theme girl to be honest but I'll do it. She's making mojitos and is looking for a Cuban recipe to go with it. Any suggestions?

In the new Latin Cook book there must be something....HTH :)

It doesn't but thanks.

If you have the grill pan and press or could borrow them - This is a classic panini sandwich from Cuba!

Cuban Midnight Sandwich

INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 5 tablespoons Italian dressing
* 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
* 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
* 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey meat
* 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked ham
* 1/2 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
* 1 cup dill pickle slices
* 1/2 cup olive oil

DIRECTIONS

1. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and Italian dressing. Spread mixture on hoagie rolls. Spread each roll with mustard. On each roll, arrange layers of turkey, ham, and cheese. Top each with dill pickle slices. Close sandwiches, and brush tops and bottoms with olive oil.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Place sandwiches in skillet. Cook sandwiches for 2 minutes, pressing down with a plate covered with aluminum foil. Flip, and cook for 2 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from heat, place on plates, and cut in half diagonally.

Also - Black Bean Soup is very Cuban. There is a recipe for black bean soup that is from PC - I remember making it several times, but I can't remember if it's in a cookbook, or if it was on one of the recipe cards we used to have.....

Mojito Torte all the way!

Here is the black bean soup recipe I was thinking of:

Attachments

• quick black bean chili.doc
    18 KB · Views: 266
Cubans are big on Pork -- try a twist on the 10 minute pork tenderloin with a Cuban inspired Barbecue Sauce or seasoning (check out epicurious or AllRecipes or even the Food Network web sites for some ideas.) The new Creamy Mojito Torte is a great dessert or even the Pina Colada Upside Down cake could work.​

Ginger428 said:
In the new Latin Cook book there must be something....HTH :)

There is the Grilled Cuban Steak with Oregano Potatoes on page 40.

ChefBeckyD said:
If you have the grill pan and press or could borrow them - This is a classic panini sandwich from Cuba!

Cuban Midnight Sandwich

INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 5 tablespoons Italian dressing
* 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
* 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
* 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey meat
* 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked ham
* 1/2 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
* 1 cup dill pickle slices
* 1/2 cup olive oil

DIRECTIONS

1. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and Italian dressing. Spread mixture on hoagie rolls. Spread each roll with mustard. On each roll, arrange layers of turkey, ham, and cheese. Top each with dill pickle slices. Close sandwiches, and brush tops and bottoms with olive oil.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Place sandwiches in skillet. Cook sandwiches for 2 minutes, pressing down with a plate covered with aluminum foil. Flip, and cook for 2 more minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from heat, place on plates, and cut in half diagonally.

Also - Black Bean Soup is very Cuban. There is a recipe for black bean soup that is from PC - I remember making it several times, but I can't remember if it's in a cookbook, or if it was on one of the recipe cards we used to have.....

Cuban Medianoches are great! The grill pan & press are great for those.

PS -- I was born in Cuba! A long, long time ago!!! :eek:

Last edited:

Related to Planning a Cuban-Themed Party: Mojitos & Recipe Ideas

What are some traditional Cuban dishes and drinks to serve at a Cuban-themed party?

Some traditional Cuban dishes to serve at a Cuban-themed party include Ropa Vieja (shredded beef stew), Cuban sandwiches, and Arroz con Pollo (chicken and rice). For drinks, mojitos and Cuba Libre (rum and coke) are popular choices.

Can you provide some recipe ideas for making mojitos?

To make a classic mojito, you will need white rum, lime juice, simple syrup, club soda, and fresh mint leaves. Muddle the mint leaves with the lime juice and simple syrup in a glass, add the rum and top with club soda. You can also add fruit, such as strawberries or mango, to create different variations of the mojito.

What are some tips for decorating for a Cuban-themed party?

To create a festive atmosphere for a Cuban-themed party, use bright colors such as red, yellow, and green, which are the colors of the Cuban flag. You can also incorporate tropical elements like palm leaves and pineapples. Playing traditional Cuban music and hanging string lights can also add to the ambiance.

Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for Cuban-inspired dishes?

Yes, there are vegetarian and vegan options for Cuban-inspired dishes. Some ideas include black beans and rice, plantains, and avocado salad. You can also make a vegetarian version of the classic Cuban sandwich by substituting the meat with grilled vegetables.

What are some fun activities or games to include at a Cuban-themed party?

Some fun activities to include at a Cuban-themed party are salsa dancing lessons, a dominoes tournament (a popular Cuban game), and a mojito-making contest. You can also set up a photo booth with props related to Cuba, such as fedora hats and fake cigars, for guests to take pictures with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchef.angel
Replies