• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Bridal Shower: Navigating the Paperwork & Registry

In summary, the conversation is discussing how to handle the paperwork and registry for a bridal shower. One suggestion is to have the bride set up her registry online and use the same list as the wish list for the shower. Another idea is to have the shower first and then use any remaining items as the start of the registry. There is also mention of a conference workshop on wedding registries and someone's experience at David's Bridal. The conversation ends with someone asking about David's Bridal and another member explaining what it is.
pckimboyers
:confused: I'm getting confused on how to handle the paper work for the bridal shower!! How do you do a wedding registry and the party without getting mixed up???? Thanks!

I haven't done both together yet, but I am thinking to have the bride set up her registry online and choose everything she wants. Then use that same list as the wish list for the bridal shower. The bridal shower is set up as a show and once items are purchased at the bridal shower from her wishlist - I would remove them from the registry. Then she won't get duplicates and hopefully she will end up receiving everything (and more) that she wants. But I look forward to hearing what others have to say :).

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to go that route, because I don't want to get confused---but she has people out in Texas that will want to order so I pretty much have to. She wants to send out the invites tomorrow and I don't even have the wishlist and she didn't make copies for the invites. Wish me luck! I feel a lesson coming on!:)

So, even though people are purchasing at the shower, it will all still count towards her registry rewards points? That's what I was confused about since the shower is not on the same day that her registry closes (which is the wedding day).
Thanks
Danielle

it will not count toward her registry. she can get the host benefits at the shower,so, she still get great rewards. you go in after the shower and mark in the column that says "received outside of registry" to tell people she has already gotten it. it works well taht way b/c in the registry i think the free product value is limited to $200 but at the shower it is not limited. this way she can double up on her rewards!!

This is what I'm doingI am doing a shower for my SIL tomorrow & this is what I'm doing. I had her give me a wish list. I am listing her wish list under the news section of my personal website. After the shower is over tomorrow, I will go on-line & create the registry for her wedding. I'll be turning in a shower from the shower where she'll get the host benefits & then use the registry for the remaining items that weren't purchased. By doing this, the sales should all come through me & I can make sure that duplicates aren't purchased. By doing it this way, I'm hoping that someone NOT coming to the shower won't go & purchase something from the website registry that someone that is at the shower is also purchasing. For example - Suzy is at the shower & purchases the Large Bar Pan. Jane is not at the shower, but is shopping from the Registry & also purchases the Large Bar Pan. If the items aren't on the registry yet, Jane wouldn't be able to purchase through the registry, but could call me & I would then let her know that the item had already been purchased. I'll let you know how it works out.

I just got back from conference and I went to a class on wedding registries. One idea would be to have the bridal shower/show first. Have the bride & groom create a wish list together. The bride would be the host at this shower. When you close the show, anything that was not purchased off of their wish list can be the start of their registry. You can then show them some other items that they might wish to put on their registry. Doing it this way would give the bride double benefits, first as the host and then as the bride after her wedding.

Thanks guys..... This has really helped. It turned out only one person has actually bought from the registry and we don't think any one else will---- this bunch has gotten me so frustrated. I will be glad when it is done with.

Thanks for sharing Conference Workshop!Hi I'm new to ChefSuccess, and Aug is my SS month 2. This site is wonderful! To KimberleePowell: OMG, THANKS for sharing that conference workshop (bridal registry) info! I'm doing a day at David's Bridal on 8/26 and I'll focus on that approach! I also loved someone's "lesson"...talk to a wedding party member, not so much the bride, as she's too busy with other things.

Sandra
Buffalo NY

so whsat's this thing with David's Bridal that keeps getting talked about on here???

What David's Bridal is...David's Bridal is a local bridal shop with 3 locations. Our Director has an agreement with them, where a Consultant can spend a full day (or less) in the shop, set up with flyers etc., sort of like a mini-Expo. It's quite an expensive agreement -- but one of the benefits is also a copy of the daily "registry" from *ALL* the visitors to the shop that day (that signed the registry). Customers who sign the registry are agreeing to contact and offers from others. So I suppose you could say David's Bridal sells my director her marketing list :) but lets her "man" the store too. I don't know all the details, and I don't know if all this is entirely correct, but I be in the Shop today from Noon to 6 p.m.! I'm paying my Director $20 as my portion towards this agreement, but I hope the rewards are much greater than that! :)

I'd like to add on to what KimberleePowell about conference. In the workshop I attended, they advised to not have the registry and shower going on at the same time, because its so confusing, or if you're reallt careful, to remove items off of the registry list when they are purchased at the shower.

Just wanted to update as to how everything has gone for my SIL's shower/wedding. We did the shower in July & turned that in as a show under the host's name, with my SIL as a co-host. She ended up having a $700 party, so she received those items from her registry, plus purchased the cookware as a 1/2 price item. The host & my SIL shared the host benefits, but I would say that my SIL walked away with about $1,100 worth of stuff (b/c of the 1/2 price items). We then created a Wedding Registry with the remaining wish list items, plus she has added more. I think that totalled about $200. People also contacted me about gift certificates for them for wedding gifts. Those amount to another $150! Plus, her husband is having a Guy's party in November!

Anyway, the wedding shower/registry worked out well to do it this way. Oh, for the shower, I took index cards & those bigger mailing labels to make the wish list. I printed the item that she was registered for, the item # & the price on those mailing labels. Then, I stuck them to index cards that were already 2-hole punched. I also purchased the index card binder (it's about the size of the index cards, a little bigger) and made a flip book. In my flip book, the items are broken out by category like they are in the catalog. Each person just took the index card(s) that they wanted to purchase & then brought the card to me. It really helped to make sure that there weren't duplicates. Although for my next shower, I do think that I'll invest in another flip-book & divide the catalog in half. Also, I only put the items that the bride was registered for into my flip book. :)

Related to Planning a Bridal Shower: Navigating the Paperwork & Registry

1. What type of invitations should I send for a bridal shower?

It's up to personal preference, but most people opt for formal invitations for a bridal shower. You can choose from traditional paper invitations or digital invitations. Just make sure to include all the important details like the date, time, location, and any special instructions.

2. How do I create a registry for the bridal shower?

Creating a registry is easy! You can either go to a physical store or use an online registry service. Pampered Chef offers a convenient registry service where the bride-to-be can create a wishlist of all the kitchen and cooking items she wants. Guests can easily access the registry and purchase gifts for the shower.

3. Do I need to include registry information on the invitations?

It is considered proper etiquette to include registry information on the shower invitations. This will help guests know what the bride-to-be needs and prevents duplicate gifts. If you're uncomfortable including it on the invitations, you can also share the registry information through word of mouth or on a separate insert in the invitation.

4. How many guests should I invite to the bridal shower?

The number of guests will depend on the size of the venue and budget. Generally, bridal showers have a smaller guest list compared to a wedding. You can also consult with the bride-to-be to get an idea of how many people she would like to invite.

5. Can I have a theme for the bridal shower?

Absolutely! Having a theme can make the shower more fun and cohesive. Some popular themes for bridal showers include a tea party, brunch, or a spa day. Just make sure to coordinate with the bride-to-be and keep her preferences in mind when choosing a theme.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
christy_c
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows