• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save Time and Gas with Smart Trip Planning: Tips for Efficient Errand Days

In summary, to plan your errands efficiently and save time and gas, group them by location starting with the farthest errand and work your way back. It's best to plan them for one specific day, and try to avoid peak traffic times and use navigation apps to find alternate routes. Weekdays are usually less busy for errands, but weekends can also work if you plan efficiently. Other ways to save time and gas include combining errands with friends or family, using public transportation, and walking or biking for shorter errands.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
I save gas money and time by always thinking about where I'm heading to on errand day and I make it a round trip - literally round, make it a circle or oval... I try to do my errands all on the same day or two each week and I try never to have to backtrack. Even on non-errand days I ask myself "What is on the way to where I have to go today and what is on the way back?". Sometimes I even get to skip an errand day because I did all that as part of other trips out that week.

Using a GPS can help make each trip efficient too! No wasted turns.

Admin Greg said:
Using a GPS can help make each trip efficient too! No wasted turns.

LOL...not in my case! My GPS doesn't always take the smartest or shortest routes. I always make a point of looking up my routes on google maps first, and too often, I deviate from GPS because "she's" got me going very odd routes.

esavvymom said:
LOL...not in my case! My GPS doesn't always take the smartest or shortest routes. I always make a point of looking up my routes on google maps first, and too often, I deviate from GPS because "she's" got me going very odd routes.

yeah some GPSs are goofy. I do think Google is the best though. I rarely doubt them.

I do this too! Google Maps is awesome because then you can play around with each destination to make a big loop. Especially great around Christmas or after a big sale when I do deliveries. I don't do them often but when i do, I like to do them all in one day.

1. How can I plan my errands efficiently to save time and gas?

One way to plan your errands efficiently is to group them by location. Start with the errand that is farthest from your home and work your way back. This will help eliminate unnecessary backtracking and save you time and gas.

2. Should I plan my errands for a specific day or spread them out throughout the week?

It is best to plan your errands for one specific day, if possible. This will help you stay organized and avoid forgetting any errands. Plus, it will save you time and gas by consolidating all of your trips into one efficient day.

3. How can I avoid traffic and save even more time and gas?

Check traffic patterns and plan your route accordingly. Try to avoid peak traffic times and alternate routes to save time and gas. You can also use a navigation app that offers real-time traffic updates to help you avoid congested areas.

4. Is it better to run errands during the week or on weekends?

Weekdays tend to be less busy and have less traffic, making them an ideal time to run errands. However, if you have a busy work schedule during the week, weekends can also be a good option as long as you plan your route efficiently and avoid peak traffic times.

5. What are some other ways to save time and gas while running errands?

Consider combining errands and carpooling with friends or family if you have similar errands to run. This will not only save you time and gas, but also reduce your carbon footprint. Additionally, try to use public transportation or walk/bike for shorter errands to save on gas and get some exercise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lakamper