• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Plan the Perfect Weekend Getaway for Your Hubby's Birthday in Florida

In summary, Beth wants to stay in a nearby area that has a marriott, go to Disney World, and stay on the riverfront.
PCMomto4
My hubbys bday is this weekend and I would like to book a weekend getaway for the two of us for like February sometime. He has a ton of points from Marriott from the three months he stayed at one while work sent him to VA. We are in Sarasota, Fl area and I would like to stay within a few hours of here. Anyone have any ideas for a fun getaway?

Our favorite weekend getaway is Savannah GA. I don't know how far that is for you but it is an awesome city!

I was thinking about that, I did mapquest and it is 6 hours so I don't know if thats too far for a weekend or not

PCMomto4 said:
I was thinking about that, I did mapquest and it is 6 hours so I don't know if thats too far for a weekend or not

I think that is about how far it is from here (just under 6 hours).

We drive to WI in one day (16-18 hours) so that is nothing for us. We would leave either right from work on Friday or early Saturday morning if we want to save on that second hotel night. Either way it gives us most of Saturday and all of Sunday to enjoy.

check out a B&B.. they are always good.. ;)

I used to live in Ft. Myers and worked at the Sanibel Harbour Resort and Spa...they have recently changed over to a Marriott...might be worth looking into as I know these 2 citites aren't too far apart. Loved working there!!!!! My office overlooked Sanibel Island and manatees were always in the water below....aahh just thinking about it now makes me want to go back there.....sigh....

We live on the beach now so going to a beach isn't a real getaway for us, I would rather do something different.

Beth, would you stay on the river or in downtown? B&B are out because of the Marriott points, we are upgraded to the nicest room for free and have a ton of points that we need to use so that is what we are going to do. Plus we get other free extas when we stay at Marriott because he is a diamond levelor something, the highest level of their rewards that you can get, so it would be silly for us to stay someplace other.

Have you been to Disney much? Lots to do there- even for adults!!...and February there would be no crowds!! (plus your resident discount).Find a marriott nearby and then just get your 1-2 day tickets for the park.

PCMomto4 said:
We live on the beach now so going to a beach isn't a real getaway for us, I would rather do something different.

Beth, would you stay on the river or in downtown? B&B are out because of the Marriott points, we are upgraded to the nicest room for free and have a ton of points that we need to use so that is what we are going to do. Plus we get other free extas when we stay at Marriott because he is a diamond levelor something, the highest level of their rewards that you can get, so it would be silly for us to stay someplace other.

Wow - with that much free from Marriott, I'd just find one with a Spa, check in, spend a day at the Spa, order room service or go out for a nice dinner....watch movies....ahhhhh.....

I've seen a lot about Florida's Springs in SCUBA Diving magazine, but it appears there is a lot to do there even without SCUBA certification:

http://www.floridasprings.org/

esavvymom said:
Have you been to Disney much? Lots to do there- even for adults!!...and February there would be no crowds!! (plus your resident discount).

Find a marriott nearby and then just get your 1-2 day tickets for the park.

We go to Disney a lot with the kids and he wouldn't be too fond of the going without them!

PCMomto4 said:

We stay on the riverfront. I think there's a Marriott there - we usually stay at the Hampton Inn. It's just across the street from the water and shops and restaurants and the "squares" are right there too. Everything is walking distance.

ft Lauderdale Marriott is nice
the restaurant 3030 is AMAZING-

You can get a reward room...then use points for marriott cash for meals I think they have a spa too

I am just waiting to make sure I have babysitting lined up and then I will book Savannah, I have always wanted to go there and it is something that is different and has things that we can do!

PCMomto4 said:
I am just waiting to make sure I have babysitting lined up and then I will book Savannah, I have always wanted to go there and it is something that is different and has things that we can do!

You'll love it! Go on a ghost tour at NIGHT! Ours was almost rained out but it was so cool taking that tour in the dark in the mist after a storm. LOVED IT! ...and I'm not usually into that kind of tour.

I live right outside Savannah and would definitely recommend it! They have Hearse tours that ride around the city and give a little history lesson (and ofcourse they stop at the bars along the way). We did this once and it was HILARIOUS! They have carriage rides for something a bit more romantic. There are LOTS of walking tours you can do. Definitely go to the visitor center when you come right at the beginning because they will provide you with maps of the squares (you must see Forsyth Park) and give you information about the free trolley downtown you can take from place to place. DEFINITELY stay on the river if you can! Also, there is FABULOUS restaurants in Savannah. Spanky's is a really fun place for lunch and has the BEST chicken fingers in the country (I'm not lying). Leopold's ice cream on Broughton Street has been around for 90 years and is wonderful to go to. They serve old fashioned sodas there. Gosh I could go on and on about the all the things I love in this city...so if you have any questions or need info. definitely let me know and I would be happy to share!

Related to Plan the Perfect Weekend Getaway for Your Hubby's Birthday in Florida

1. What are some affordable weekend getaway ideas?

Some affordable weekend getaway ideas include camping, road trips, and visiting nearby cities or towns. You can also look for deals on Airbnb or Groupon for budget-friendly options.

2. What are some romantic weekend getaway ideas?

Some romantic weekend getaway ideas include a bed and breakfast, a cozy cabin in the woods, or a beach getaway. You could also plan a surprise weekend trip to a nearby city or book a couples' spa weekend.

3. What are some family-friendly weekend getaway ideas?

Some family-friendly weekend getaway ideas include visiting a theme park, going to a national park, or staying at a family-friendly resort. You could also plan a weekend camping trip or rent a vacation home for the whole family.

4. What are some unique weekend getaway ideas?

Some unique weekend getaway ideas include glamping, staying in a treehouse, or booking a stay at a ranch or farm. You could also plan a weekend trip to a small, lesser-known town or plan a themed weekend getaway, such as a wine tasting trip or a foodie weekend.

5. What are some tips for planning a successful weekend getaway?

Some tips for planning a successful weekend getaway include setting a budget, researching and booking accommodations in advance, choosing activities and attractions that everyone will enjoy, and planning for transportation. It's also important to be flexible and have backup plans in case of unexpected changes or cancellations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
magentablue
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies