• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Detaching a Wedger from a Pineapple Safely

Pour batter over pineapple & cherries. Microwave on high for 24 minutes. Remove from microcooker and let cool on wire rack.
Kelly8
After you slide the wedger through the pineapple, what is the safest way to detach it from the bottom? I have a show tonight and she wants to see it, but I don't want to do it if I can't figure out how to do that.

After you put it on the base to finish it, it will push the "meat" of the pineapple up. There are wedger tips in the files section.

After you've pushed the wedger through the pineapple, lift the pineapple, with the wedger still attached to the bottom, onto the safety cover - making sure that the handles of the wedger and the handles of the cover line up...push the wedger down onto the cover. This will pop the pineapple halves, and the core up and out - easy peasy!

Thanks! That does sound easy!

Kelly8 said:
Thanks! That does sound easy!

The guests were very impressed when I did that on Saturday. It's a WOW moment.

Yes, everytime I demo it, I sell like 3 or 4, WE (my director and I) have a vendor event a carshow this weekend, and we are going to demo the pineapple wedger, a few times during the day and keep the fresh pineapple in the Cool and serve. I think this will get big attention.

I love the pineapple wedger :) I sell alot of them I show it at every show and at least sell 2 or 3... I love idea about keeping the pineapple in the cool and serve.

ChefBeckyD said:
After you've pushed the wedger through the pineapple, lift the pineapple, with the wedger still attached to the bottom, onto the safety cover - making sure that the handles of the wedger and the handles of the cover line up...push the wedger down onto the cover. This will pop the pineapple halves, and the core up and out - easy peasy!

I did this, Becky, and it worked awesome! There were even a couple of "wows" in the audience! Thanks a bunch!:D

...it was great to cut up that fresh pineapple - then throw it into the magic pot on top of 2 sticks of butter (minus 1/3 cup after melted) and 2 cups of brown sugar ...top with a cake mix (made with that 1/3 cup melted butter, 3 eggs, and juice from pineapple+water to make up needed liquid)...Microwave 16 minutes (without DCB lid).... awesome ohhs and ahhhs when that is flipped onto the Large White Round Platter. Oh and YUM
Now that is something that we could relegate our DCB to -- just showing it as a "isn't this fun" and "delicious" and you can get it when you book a show for free or half price....
Just got to change my way of thinking....and make it work!

Kelly8 said:
I did this, Becky, and it worked awesome! There were even a couple of "wows" in the audience! Thanks a bunch!:D

You're welcome! (but I think I got it from someone on here!) It's always a WOW for me too.

ChipLines said:
...it was great to cut up that fresh pineapple - then throw it into the magic pot on top of 2 sticks of butter (minus 1/3 cup after melted) and 2 cups of brown sugar ...top with a cake mix (made with that 1/3 cup melted butter, 3 eggs, and juice from pineapple+water to make up needed liquid)...Microwave 16 minutes (without DCB lid).... awesome ohhs and ahhhs when that is flipped onto the Large White Round Platter. Oh and YUM
Now that is something that we could relegate our DCB to -- just showing it as a "isn't this fun" and "delicious" and you can get it when you book a show for free or half price....
Just got to change my way of thinking....and make it work!

Love this! I love using the pineapple wedger but for summer desserts I've only done the tropical torte. I'd love to show the DCB and show it in the mircrowave (I've only had a host pick a DCB recipe ONCE in my 1 1/2 years!). I tried doing a cake in it once and it was HORRIBLE. I definitely want to try this. But apparently i'm either stupid or tired...can you type out the recipe in more of a typical recipe format?

Elise -

I recommend:

1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 jar cherries - OPTIONAL
1 can (14 oz) pineapple rings
1 box cake mix
(ingredients for cake mix as directed)

Microwave butter & brown sugar in microcooker. Mix until well blended. Pour into DCB. Arrange pineapple rings in desired pattern, add cherries for design if desired. Mix cake batter as directed, EXCEPT for using pineapple juice from canned pineapples for liquid (i.e if cake mix requests 1 1/3 water...use pineapple juice and add water to complete 1 1/3). Pour cake batter over brown sugar concoction. Microwave uncovered for about 16-18 minutes. Let sit 3-5 minutes before inverting onto SA Large Round Platter. YUM and WOW simultaneously!

1. How do I safely detach a wedger from a pineapple?

To safely detach a wedger from a pineapple, first make sure the pineapple is securely placed on a flat surface. Then, hold the wedger firmly with one hand and use your other hand to twist and pull the pineapple off of the wedger. Be careful not to apply too much force, as this can cause the wedger to slip and potentially hurt yourself.

2. Is there a specific technique to detach the wedger from a pineapple?

Yes, there is a specific technique to detach the wedger from a pineapple. First, make sure the pineapple is sliced and cut into wedges. Then, use a spoon or fork to gently push the wedges out of the wedger. This will help release the pineapple from the wedger without applying too much force.

3. Can I detach the wedger from a pineapple without cutting it into wedges?

Yes, it is possible to detach the wedger from a pineapple without cutting it into wedges. However, it may be more difficult and require more force. It is generally recommended to cut the pineapple into wedges before trying to detach the wedger for easier and safer removal.

4. How do I clean the wedger after detaching it from a pineapple?

To clean the wedger after detaching it from a pineapple, first rinse it under running water to remove any remaining pineapple pieces. Then, use a dish brush or sponge with warm soapy water to scrub away any remaining residue. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean towel before storing.

5. Can I detach the wedger from a pineapple while it is still attached to the handle?

Yes, you can detach the wedger from a pineapple while it is still attached to the handle. It is important to make sure the handle is securely attached to the wedger and will not detach while using force to remove the pineapple. If the handle is not securely attached, it is recommended to detach the wedger from the handle first before removing the pineapple.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • pamperedlinda
  • Products and Tips
2 3
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • chefheidi2003
  • Products and Tips