• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pineapple Salsa Disaster: What Not To Do!

In summary, the best way to store pineapple salsa is in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Canned pineapple can be used as a substitute for fresh pineapple, but it should be drained well before adding it to the salsa. Pineapple salsa can be kept in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and it is important to discard any remaining salsa after that to avoid food poisoning. If the salsa turns out watery, it is likely due to improper draining or mixing. Other fruits such as mango or papaya can be added to the pineapple salsa, but the seasonings should be adjusted accordingly.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
What not to do:
I made pineapple salsa last weekend and it was late when I got home so I threw the bowl in the fridge figuring I would tranfer it later to another sealable bowl. Well I forgot until last night and now it split in several areas at the seams!! I'm so sad - hopefully HO will replace it! I'm assuming the cold made it contract and that's why it split.

Oh wow...I had no idea that could happen!!!

wadesgirl said:
What not to do:
I made pineapple salsa last weekend and it was late when I got home so I threw the bowl in the fridge figuring I would tranfer it later to another sealable bowl. Well I forgot until last night and now it split in several areas at the seams!! I'm so sad - hopefully HO will replace it! I'm assuming the cold made it contract and that's why it split.

Or the acidity weakened the glue at the seams....

ChefBeckyD said:
Or the acidity weakened the glue at the seams....

It was on the sides though, not the bottom where the juice had been sitting.

Are you talking about the round bowl??? I love that bowl and hope we don't have problems with it.

gailz2 said:
Are you talking about the round bowl??? I love that bowl and hope we don't have problems with it.

Yes that one but I don't think it's a problem with the bowl itself. The U&CG doesn't say anything about not using it like that (storing in the fridge or having something acidic in it) but to me it makes sense.

I would say call HO and tell them what happened. This is a problem that SHOULDN'T happen.

What is the best way to store pineapple salsa?

The best way to store pineapple salsa is in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help keep it fresh and prevent it from spoiling quickly.

Can I substitute canned pineapple for fresh pineapple in the salsa?

Yes, you can use canned pineapple in the salsa as a substitute for fresh pineapple. Just make sure to drain the pineapple well before adding it to the salsa.

How long can pineapple salsa be kept in the refrigerator?

Pineapple salsa can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. After that, it is best to discard any remaining salsa to avoid the risk of food poisoning.

Why did my pineapple salsa turn out watery?

If your pineapple salsa turned out watery, it is likely because the pineapple was not drained properly or the salsa was not mixed well enough. Make sure to drain the pineapple well and thoroughly mix all the ingredients together.

Can I add other fruits to the pineapple salsa?

Yes, you can add other fruits to the pineapple salsa such as diced mango or papaya for a tropical twist. Just make sure to adjust the seasonings accordingly to balance the flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedSD
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Intrepid_Chef