• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rain Disaster at Relay for Life: What Do I Do Now?

In summary, the co-chair of a Relay for Life told the member of the steering committee that she had the order form, but that it was probably discarded due to the rain. The member of the steering committee needs to find out who ordered the pink products and get them ordered.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I am a member of the steering committee for a Relay for Life. At the last meeting before our Relay, I passed around an order form for the pink products.

The form never made its way back to me, so I assumed it was blank. But one of the co-chairs of the event told me on the phone that she had the form. I asked her to please bring the form with her.

Well ... this year's Relay was the rainiest on record! The stadium was even evacuated at one point due to lightening! The rain hit suddenly. Though the co-chairs are on the team right next to me, they were otherwise occupied when the rain hit. I called her yesterday looking for the form and she fears it may have been discarded.

What do I do? Send out a mass e-mail to all the team captains (assuming I can get access to all their e-mails) or ask the co-chair to send something to me?

I'd hate for whoever ordered that one item to have a bad taste in their mouth for me or Pampered Chef!

Oh man!!! I would call the team captains and find out who ordered it and if it was paid for. Get the info and get it ordered!!

And for the rainiest...that was last year for us. And just like you, the stands were evacuated due to lightning!! I would love just ONE really nice Relay!!
But then again, I organize all of the "fun" events to keep the teams up all night. My events start at 9pm and go until 5:30am. Makes for a tiring Relay for me!!

Problem is ... I don't have phone numbers for all those captains ... and there were 32 teams! I think I could do an e-mail easier ... if the co-chair lost the form she no doubt could send something out to all who were in attendance!

1. What is "Rain Disaster at Relay for Life" and what happened?

"Rain Disaster at Relay for Life" refers to a situation where a scheduled Relay for Life event is affected by severe weather conditions, such as heavy rain. This can result in the event being cancelled, postponed, or relocated to a different venue.

2. What should I do if I was planning to attend the event?

If you were planning to attend the event, it is important to stay informed about any updates or changes to the event. The event organizers will typically communicate any changes through their website, social media, or email. Make sure to check these sources regularly for updates.

3. Can I still participate in the event if it is relocated?

If the event is relocated to a different venue, you can still participate in the event as long as you are able to travel to the new location. Make sure to check with the event organizers for any changes to the event schedule or activities.

4. Will I get a refund if the event is cancelled?

If the event is cancelled due to a rain disaster, the event organizers will typically offer refunds to those who have already purchased tickets or registered for the event. Make sure to check with the event organizers for their refund policy.

5. Can I still donate to the cause if the event is cancelled?

Yes, you can still make a donation to the cause even if the event is cancelled. Many event organizers have online donation options or you can reach out to them directly to make a donation. Your support is still greatly appreciated even if the event cannot take place as planned.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gothim0802
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • cookinmelissa
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies