• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Philly Beef Ring Success and Gnocchi Disaster - My Recipe Experiment

In summary, the gnocchi recipe from the Spring/Summer Recipe booklet was not a success. One of the friends tried it and it was a disaster. The other tried it using mashed potatoes and it was great.
ChefAggi
Silver Member
So has anyone tried that recipe from the Spring/Summer Recipe booklet?

I tried it last night on a couple of my friends .. they were my guinea pigs for two new recipes I wanted to test out before trying them at shows... I made the Philly Beef Ring and it was a great hit.. but the Gnocci..oooooooooooooh what a HORRIBLE disaster!!! I made the Walnut Pesto with it too.. UGH UGH UGH!!!! I vowed I would NEVER EVER attempt making gnocci again :eek:
Besides it seemed to take FOREVER to get the proper consistency... So to get the bad taste out of our mouth, one of the girls made a Turtle chocolate fondue and we sat down devouring it with large marshmallows and Rice Krispie squares.... ahhhhhh so much better!!:rolleyes:

Cheers

I have made the gnocchi several times, and they were great. The main thing I can think of that would make them not work is if you cut them too big. To cook evenly they need to be cut pretty small, about the size of your finger to the first knuckle, then they should cook in about 4 minutes. sorry it didn't work for you.

ChefAggi said:
So has anyone tried that recipe from the Spring/Summer Recipe booklet?

I tried it last night on a couple of my friends .. they were my guinea pigs for two new recipes I wanted to test out before trying them at shows... I made the Philly Beef Ring and it was a great hit.. but the Gnocci..oooooooooooooh what a HORRIBLE disaster!!! I made the Walnut Pesto with it too.. UGH UGH UGH!!!! I vowed I would NEVER EVER attempt making gnocci again :eek:
Besides it seemed to take FOREVER to get the proper consistency... So to get the bad taste out of our mouth, one of the girls made a Turtle chocolate fondue and we sat down devouring it with large marshmallows and Rice Krispie squares.... ahhhhhh so much better!!:rolleyes:

Cheers

I;ve made them (using the prepared mashed potatoes - found in refridgerator section) and they were great! My kids gobbled them up too. Try again!

mmmm.... I love gnocchi, and ours are good. I think most people expect them to be like pasta, when they're really more like dumplings - completely different texture. But you do have to be careful to size them correctly.

!Hi there,I'm sorry to hear that the gnocchi recipe didn't turn out well for you. I have made it before and it can be a bit tricky to get the right consistency. But don't give up on it just yet! Practice makes perfect and there are some tips and tricks that can help with the process. I'm glad the Philly Beef Ring was a hit though! And the Turtle chocolate fondue sounds like the perfect way to end the night. Thanks for sharing your experience with us! Happy cooking!

What is a Philly Beef Ring?

A Philly Beef Ring is a popular recipe made with crescent rolls, roast beef, cheese, and peppers, typically served as an appetizer or main dish.

What are the ingredients needed to make a Philly Beef Ring?

The ingredients needed to make a Philly Beef Ring include crescent rolls, deli roast beef, provolone cheese, bell peppers, and seasonings.

How do I make a Philly Beef Ring?

To make a Philly Beef Ring, roll out the crescent rolls on a baking sheet, layer the roast beef and cheese on top, add the peppers and seasonings, and fold the dough over the filling. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

What is a Gnocchi Disaster?

A Gnocchi Disaster refers to a recipe experiment gone wrong, resulting in a dish made with gnocchi that did not turn out as expected or desired.

How can I avoid a Gnocchi Disaster?

To avoid a Gnocchi Disaster, make sure to follow the recipe closely, use high-quality ingredients, and pay attention to cooking times and techniques. If the gnocchi turns out too soft or mushy, try baking or pan-frying it instead of boiling it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • ChefAggi
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JenAZ
  • esavvymom