• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfecting Homemade Beef Tacos: Tips and Tricks for a Zesty and Delicious Meal

I'm sorry to hear they were so bad. I didn't have any issues with them being runny. Did you use really chunky salsa?No issues here at all and I have made them multiple times. Mine tent to be thick but I also let them simmer a bit.
straitfan
Gold Member
Ok--I have my first power cooking show tomorrow night. I made the Hoagies last week and we ate them on the spot, and I put the sloppy joes and tacos in the freezer. We had the tacos tonight and they were WAY too soupy. My DS informed me it was the worst meal I'd ever made! :cry:

(other than being runny, I didn't think it was too bad). My host has chosen the tacso as one of her choices. (We're freezing them) What can I do differently to make them not so runny?

TIA!

I only add about half the water. That'll definitely help - and make sure you use the thick and chunky salsa.

They were runny enough that maybe I should skip the water entirely? Then maybe she could add it if needed when she prepares it?

I thought the tacos were runny too. I don't think I'll add the water next time either. Or just enough to make it "runny" enough.

That is so funny because i have had to add extra water due to mine being to thick!

Did you use really chunky salsa? I didn't have a problem with them being runny at all. I used thick & chunky salsa. I thought they were great!

No issues here at all and I have made them multiple times. Mine tent to be thick but I also let them simmer a bit.

I made them once and I don't remember them being runny. That's weird. Maybe it does have something to do with the salsa that you used.

I'm pretty sure it was Pace Thick, & Chunky. And the mixture simmered on the stove for about 30 minutes because DH was working outside and wouldn't come in to eat!!! Maybe they'll come out differently tonight!

So what all did you put in these tacos?

The chili was kind of runny so I cooked it longer than it said to thicken it up.
I agree with putting less or no water in them.

Does it bother anyone else that you don't drain the hamburg??

YES it bothered me so much that I did! We used turkey last night, and it REALLY needed to be drained.

When I've done it, I've used extra lean ground sirloin 96/4. There really isn't anything to drain.

I've done it all with Chopped boneless skinless chicken breast too - that's really good!

For the chicken chili, use white beans, omit the tomatoes, add chicken broth, canned chopped green chilies, and cilantro. Then, when heating, just before serving, add 1/2 cup of heavy cream or 1/2 & 1/2, and top with grated cheddar.

I made the tacos the other night and my DH loved them. When I made the hamburger, I used a sloted spoon to take the meat out of the pan and there was about a cup of liquid left in the pan. I did add all the water it called for and it did not end up runny. I wonder what the difference is. Maybe it is the kind of salsa.

redsoxgirl said:

Omgosh...... I can not tell you how long it has been since I have heard/seen someone say Hamburg! If I said that arround here they would think I was nuts!

I love seing you gals from New England on here! You remind me of home!!!

End Hijack...

on the draining thing..... I either use a slotted spoon to spoon out the GB or I push the meet to one side of the pan tilt it and use the reg. Chef tools spoon to get out the liquid.

etteluap70PC said:
Omgosh...... I can not tell you how long it has been since I have heard/seen someone say Hamburg! If I said that arround here they would think I was nuts!

I love seing you gals from New England on here! You remind me of home!!!

End Hijack...

on the draining thing..... I either use a slotted spoon to spoon out the GB or I push the meet to one side of the pan tilt it and use the reg. Chef tools spoon to get out the liquid.
When I was growing up we called it wanna boog.:p

redsoxgirl said:
The chili was kind of runny so I cooked it longer than it said to thicken it up.
I agree with putting less or no water in them.

I soak up the liquid with a lot of paper towel. I use 2 lbs of Jennie O fresh ground turkey and 1 pound of ground sirloin.

In Michigan we call it hamburg too...whatever quality it is (the stores don't though).

I made the sloppy joes last night and they were the best I have ever had! I'm not a big sloppy joe fan either! Hubby and I are huge fans of the Sweet and Smoky BBQ! How would you rate the other power cooking recipes? I need to look to see if there is a thread on here about that!

We had the hoagies night before last and dh and I loved them - so did my 4yo. My 6yo and twins only ate the bread, lol. My 16 yo said they smelled great, but by the time she got home from work, there weren't any leftovers, lol. (oops!) I've also tried the stroganoff, again to rave reviews by half the family. :) I shouldn't count the opinions of the twins, they really only eat peanut butter or tuna noodle casserole!

I drain the hamburger by using the drainer held over the edge of the skillet and then pouring the grease out into a jar--(I've always done this, with a cheapo drainer before ours came out)

1. What is the best way to thicken the sauce for Zesty Beef Tacos?

The best way to thicken the sauce for Zesty Beef Tacos is to let it simmer for a longer period of time. This will allow the liquid to evaporate and the sauce to thicken. You can also add a slurry of cornstarch and water to the sauce to thicken it quickly.

2. Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef for Zesty Beef Tacos?

Yes, you can definitely use ground turkey instead of ground beef for Zesty Beef Tacos. Ground turkey is a leaner option and will result in a healthier dish. Just make sure to add some extra seasonings to make up for the flavor that may be lost from the beef.

3. How do I prevent the tacos from getting soggy?

To prevent the tacos from getting soggy, make sure to fully drain any excess liquid from the beef before filling the tacos. You can also lightly toast the tortillas in a pan before filling them to create a barrier between the tortilla and the filling.

4. Can I make Zesty Beef Tacos in advance?

Yes, you can make Zesty Beef Tacos in advance. You can prepare the beef and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you are ready to serve, simply reheat the beef and assemble the tacos. However, it is recommended to make the tacos fresh for the best flavor and texture.

5. What toppings go well with Zesty Beef Tacos?

There are many toppings that go well with Zesty Beef Tacos, including shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, diced onions, sour cream, avocado, and cilantro. You can also add some hot sauce or salsa for an extra kick of flavor. Feel free to get creative and add your favorite toppings!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcwarr
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CAmomCookin4U
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
Replies