• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Peanutty Chocolate Cake: Tips and Reviews from Other Bakers

In summary, the cake is dense and dry and can be made with regular batter instead of the sour cream batter. The book this cake is from is an old SBRC. The cake is easy to assemble and cooks quickly in the microwave.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Has anyone made this?
I find it to be very dense and a bit dry. Think I could add another egg...or maybe oil would moisten it up? Has anyone tried it making the cake batter the regular way (rather than the sour cream way)?

If it's the one that uses peanut butter cups, the fluted stone and goes in the microwave then YES! It is amazing and will sell tons of stones for you! IT IS SOOOO GOOD!!

Chefgirl2 said:
If it's the one that uses peanut butter cups, the fluted stone and goes in the microwave then YES! It is amazing and will sell tons of stones for you! IT IS SOOOO GOOD!!

So you're saying you can make it with regular batter (ie: mix, eggs, oil and water) instead of the sour cream batter?

anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Sorry, can't help:) Which book is this in? I've made the peanutty crunch cake in the dessert book; & it calls for the eggs & oil. And it's yum-o! I wouldn't know why you couldn't use those ingredients for the cake you're wanting...

This cake is from an old SBRC. Here it is:

Peanutty Chocolate Cake
This decadent cake is a cinch to assemble and bakes up in a flash in the microwave oven.

1 package (18.25 ounces) devil’s food cake mix
1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
3 eggs
9 peanut butter cup candies (0.6 ounces each)
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup (3 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons peanuts, chopped

1. Lightly spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer or brush with vegetable oil using Pastry Brush.

2. Place cake mix in Classic Batter Bowl. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and eggs; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add sour cream mixture to cake mix; mix until smooth using Mix 'N Scraper. Using Large Scoop, place 12 scoops of batter into bottom of pan; spread evenly. Arrange peanut butter cup candies in a circular pattern over batter. Top with remaining batter, spreading evenly.

3. Microwave cake on HIGH 11-14 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted near center comes out clean. (Cake will be slightly moist on top near center.) Remove to Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan. Carefully invert cake onto Round Platter.

4. Place peanut butter in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth using Skinny Scraper. Pour peanut butter evenly over top of cake, allowing it to drip down sides.

5. Place chocolate morsels and oil in same micro-cooker. Microwave on HIGH 20-40 seconds or until melted and smooth. Drizzle chocolate evenly over peanut butter topping. Coarsely chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over top of cake. Slice and serve using Slice 'N Serve®.

Yield: 12 servings or 20 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 115 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 500 mg, Fiber 2 g

Cook’s Tips: To easily drizzle chocolate, place a small resealable plastic food storage bag inside Measure-All® Cup. Pour melted chocolate into corner of bag. Twist top of bag; secure with Twixit! Clip. Using Paring Knife, cut a small tip off corner of bag to allow the chocolate to flow through.

To bake in a conventional oven, preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake 40-45 minutes or until cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate cake after 6 minutes of cooking.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Thanks so much Carolyn:) I might have that SB, but thanks for posting it; two of my favorite combos are PB & chocolate:D I'll definately make this soon!

So does anyone know if it can be made using the regualr (like the direction son the box) cake batter so that it's less dry and dense?

You might want to add a small applesauce to it to keep it from being dry - you know those individual packs that come in 6? I do that with a lot of foods that seem dry the 1st time around.

Would adding applesauce affect the cooking time? I am terrified that it won't be fully cooked because I had a horrible experience with the rice cooker cake not being done!

Has anyone attempted to change this recipe?

1. What ingredients do I need to make Peanutty Chocolate Cake?

To make this delicious cake, you will need all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, vegetable oil, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, creamy peanut butter, and chocolate chips.

2. Can I use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy?

Yes, you can use crunchy peanut butter if you prefer. However, the texture of the cake may be slightly different.

3. How do I store Peanutty Chocolate Cake?

The cake can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. For longer storage, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.

4. Can I make this cake gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this cake gluten-free by using a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend in place of regular flour. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different.

5. Can I substitute almond butter for peanut butter?

Yes, you can substitute almond butter for peanut butter if you have a nut allergy or prefer the taste. The cake will have a slightly different flavor, but it will still be delicious.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Chef susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies