• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Parchment Paper for Choc Pb Torte?

In summary, it is necessary to use parchment paper when making the tropical torte. The directions for making a circle of parchment paper are in this season's DVD.
KristyH
Is it necessary to use it? I'm just asking b/c I want to make this tomorrow and I don't have any parchment paper. I don't know if I should get some or if the torte will be ok without it??

I think it will stick to the pan without it.
I made my parchment circle kinda lopsided, and the fluted edge tore off on that side.

Regular cake mixes, you can skip the parchment, but since peanut butter is added, it makes it stickier.

You definitely need the parchment on this one.

I have made it three times and have not used the parchment paper. My pan is new not sure if that makes a difference.

Ha! Maybe that's why mine tore, if the parchment had been missing it would have come out OK!

Is there a video online or somewhere that I can see how to cut the circle? I know it was shown somewhere last year. I need to repeat the "class". I tried it on my own and the result was pretty comical.

JAE said:
Is there a video online or somewhere that I can see how to cut the circle? I know it was shown somewhere last year. I need to repeat the "class". I tried it on my own and the result was pretty comical.

There is a video online... I watched it after I made the dessert but hey I learned something...lol

Ok, looks like I need to get some Parchment Paper! Probably a dumb question, but...is there something special about PC parchment paper or can i just use any kind? And is there a trick to getting an 8 inch circle? I'm not very crafty so I can only imagine what my 'circle' will look like!! Thank you everyone!!

I don't remember it online - I thought it was and the DVD where they do the recipes.
The tropical torte thing when the pans first came out, spring 2007?

kspry said:
Ha! Maybe that's why mine tore, if the parchment had been missing it would have come out OK!

Did you use cake mix or brownie mix? Just wondering you said something about cake mix in your post.

The PC torte recipe calls for brownie mix, so I used that plus the parchment paper.
But I've made regular cake mixes in those pans, without using parchment.

Anyway to make the parchment circle, I ripped off a square and folded it twice, like how you cut out paper snowflakes. Then I put it in the middle of the torte pan, and mooshed it down around the edge to see about where I should cut.

You can use the pastry mat to trace an 8"circle and cut it out. I usually use waxed paper instead of parchment paper as it is cheaper and goes a long way. The parchment paper also helps keep the moisture in the cake and you should use it with any pans and any cakes. I believe that's what Martha recommends. Pampered Chef should sell 8" circle parchment paper so we don't waist time playing cut-outs!

The directions for making a circle of parchment paper are in this season's DVD. As to the PC difference, I had never used parchment paper before, but a customer told me to tell people our's doesn't burn like her previous brand did.

When you make these very thin tortes the parchment paper is important. They are so very thin that if a little stays behind in the pan it's a big deal.

We had this at our cluster meeting this week, and my director said she just sprayed it with the non-stick cooking spray with flour - no parchament - and they came out great.

I used the dreaded Pam with flour spray. I use that with this pan only and I've never used the paper. I would look like an idiot at my show trying to cut out a Ppaper circle. (I am only speaking for myself here) I haven't had any problems with the torte tearing or anything. It comes out nice and clean every time!

You shouldn't substitute waxed paper, because the wax will actually come off the paper onto the food. It's like eating a crayon. :yuck:

chefann said:
You shouldn't substitute waxed paper, because the wax will actually come off the paper onto the food. It's like eating a crayon. :yuck:
I really like the smell of new crayons!!!

Smelling = not the same as eating. ;)

kspry said:
I think it will stick to the pan without it.
I made my parchment circle kinda lopsided, and the fluted edge tore off on that side.QUOTE] Was the torn side where the p paper was? Another consultant thought we could put the p paper up the side to keep it from sticking. I think the edges would not work out right if we did that.....

The paper circle just goes on the "platform". The rest of the pan should have just the spray on it. The spray with flour in it makes a HUGE difference when using the torte pans! One brand is Baker's Joy, but there's also Pam with Flour (or store brand equivalent).

It was where the p paper wasn't....the lopsided oopsie part.
Next time I'm not even using it!

Anyway the brownie mix with 3 eggs is cake-like. And like I said, I've made regular cake mixes without parchment.

I just got the torte pans. The first thing I made was the new peanut butter torte and I had no parchment paper so I sprayed it all with Bakers Joy with flour. The brownie came out fine. No problems sticking. :)

I used wax paper and didn't have a problem with wax in my brownies, maybe I got lucky? I didn't do it for a show though, and I probably won't either as it wasn't that much fun to make. I would make it one more time though for my dad, cause he's a peanut butter freak, lol.

1. What is parchment paper and why do I need it for a chocolate peanut butter torte?

Parchment paper is a type of non-stick paper that is used for baking and cooking. It is coated with silicone, making it heat-resistant and perfect for lining cake pans and baking sheets. For a chocolate peanut butter torte, parchment paper is important because it prevents the cake from sticking to the pan and makes for easy removal.

2. Can I use wax paper instead of parchment paper for my torte?

No, wax paper is not a suitable substitute for parchment paper. It has a lower heat resistance and may melt or catch fire in the oven. Parchment paper is specifically designed for baking and is the best option for your torte.

3. How do I properly line my cake pan with parchment paper?

To line your cake pan, first, trace the bottom of your pan onto a sheet of parchment paper. Cut out the circle and place it in the bottom of the pan. Next, cut a long strip of parchment paper that is the height of your pan and long enough to wrap around the sides. Place the strip in the pan, pressing it against the sides and allowing some excess to hang over the edge. This will make it easier to lift the torte out of the pan after baking.

4. Can I reuse parchment paper after baking my torte?

Yes, parchment paper can be reused multiple times as long as it is not heavily soiled or burned. After using it for your torte, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth and let it dry before using it again. Just be sure to replace it when it starts to look worn or dirty.

5. Do I still need to grease my pan if I use parchment paper?

Yes, it is still recommended to lightly grease your pan even when using parchment paper. This will ensure that the paper sticks to the pan and does not shift or wrinkle while baking. It also helps with easy removal of the torte from the pan after baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • janezapchef