• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Chocolate P Butter Torte Questions

In summary, the regular spray cooking spray should work fine for this recipe, but it is recommended that you practice this recipe first to make sure that everything goes as planned. The easiest way to make parchment circles for the torte pan is to use a tutorial that is located on the CC website.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I'm making this tonight for the first time and need to know if I can just use nonstick cooking spray or if I must go and try to find nonstick cooking spray with flour like it mentions. Would the regular spray work out okay? I've never used my torte pans so I have no idea.

Also, what's the easiest way to make two circles of parchment paper for the bottom of the pan. I know there's got to be a trick to this.

Don't know about the spray...I've always used the Baker's Joy (or generic) like it calls for. As for the parchment circles, there is a tutorial on CC under the recipes tab I believe. I have also found that my Corelle Salad plate is the exact size needed, so I always just trace around it!

Found it! (It was under the download tab)

Attachments

• parchment_circle.pdf
    123.3 KB · Views: 369
Christy and Leslie, thanks SO much. I can't find that link on the Canadian CC so you were both very helpful. Now I can relax and go figure out what I need to make the meatballs since this is taken care of. I wish I'd had time to make them both beforehand like I usually do but with a day job and 3 birthdays in the house this past 2 weeks plus three shows and the holiday season it's a little hectic to say the least.

Thanks again ladies, much appreciated!

Practice this recipe first! I just did it at a show, and I even had another consultant with me (a recruit's recruit for extra training) and the peanut butter chips and oil would not melt! Trying to spread it over the cake was like trying to spread drywall glue! Yuck! I finally gave up with the little that I was able to get spread. By the time I got home the leftover was hard as a rock. I could even bang the now solid mass on my countertop! I know I used all the right measurements. The only thing the other consultant and I could think of was that we had to take the turntable out of the microwave to fit the DCB for the chocolate we also were doing and without the turntable the pb mixture was just nailed with x-rays!

Oh no Kelly! What did you do? Now I'm stressing! Anyone else have this problem? I don't have the ingredients to try this first and the kids will be home from school in a couple of minutes so I don't have time to rush to the store.

if you over do the chips, they do get extra thick. pop in micro wave a few sec. stir, pop back in and repeat. if it's too long they melt and then firm back up which is followed by them burning. sounds like Kelly was close to burning them. been there done that with them..

Okay so they have to be watched closely and just micro'd a little at a time. Breathing a little easier now, thanks again Terry!

I did nuke them a little at a time. As I said, I followed the recipe to a t. I have no idea what I did wrong, other than we the other consultant and I surmised had happened with the turntable. That's the only thing that was "off."

I have made this torte a gazillion times and I have NEVER used parchment circles! I just spray my pans with Crisco w/flour. That's it. It has never stuck or fallen apart.

kcjodih said:
Okay so they have to be watched closely and just micro'd a little at a time. Breathing a little easier now, thanks again Terry!

If the Microwave has a defrost setting use that....I always use that setting for melting things like this. Doesn't mely as fast, but doesn't burn either....DO NOT stress, this cake is SO easy!!!

Ginger428 said:
If the Microwave has a defrost setting use that....I always use that setting for melting things like this. Doesn't mely as fast, but doesn't burn either....DO NOT stress, this cake is SO easy!!!

Love that tip, I always get in a hurry when trying to melt things and over do it! Will use this from now on! Thanks!

Use the name brand chips, too (Reese's). Store brand chips don't melt as easily, if at all. I did this at a show last year using store brand chips, and it was a pain. They started to burn before they melted. Also, don't do the chip mixture until right before you need it. Then it'll still be liquid for the drizzling step.

Kelly, I wonder if something was slightly wet - the dish you were using to microwave the chips, or the spoon used to stir them. Even just a drop of water might cause them to 'freeze up' during the melting process.

Thanks everyone! They melted just fine, I didn't see the last tips until now so I did use the high setting but stirred every 20 seconds since I was paranoid and it worked great. She had the Reese's chips not no name. I didn't actually care for the recipe taste-wise but maybe that's because she had bought the multi-colored mini marshmallows. She had used the plain mini marshmallows for some sort of caramel, peanut butter and marshmallow fruit dip so I was stuck with these - ewww. I did have a problem too when I took the second torte and flipped it on the cooling rack like it said and then tried to slide it on top of the filling. It broke apart a bit but survived.

The real hit were the meatballs! Overall, 9 guests, 2 bookings and $850 in sales so we're both happy :)

Thanks again!

kcjodih said:
Thanks everyone! They melted just fine, I didn't see the last tips until now so I did use the high setting but stirred every 20 seconds since I was paranoid and it worked great. She had the Reese's chips not no name. I didn't actually care for the recipe taste-wise but maybe that's because she had bought the multi-colored mini marshmallows. She had used the plain mini marshmallows for some sort of caramel, peanut butter and marshmallow fruit dip so I was stuck with these - ewww. I did have a problem too when I took the second torte and flipped it on the cooling rack like it said and then tried to slide it on top of the filling. It broke apart a bit but survived.

The real hit were the meatballs! Overall, 9 guests, 2 bookings and $850 in sales so we're both happy :)

Thanks again!

That is GREAT! Way to go....:D

Sounds great!! I'm glad it worked out. You were nervous for nothing!! :p

Isn't that always the way though? Thanks again so much for all your help Sandra! :)

What is the recipe for the Chocolate P Butter Torte?

The recipe for the Chocolate P Butter Torte can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our current catalog. It includes ingredients such as chocolate chips, butter, eggs, sugar, and flour. Don't forget to use our Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan for best results!

Can I make substitutions in the recipe?

While we always encourage creativity in the kitchen, we recommend following the recipe as written for the best results. However, you can try using different types of chocolate chips or adding nuts for some extra crunch.

Do I need any special equipment to make this torte?

You will need a Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan to make the Chocolate P Butter Torte. If you don't have one, you can purchase it through Pampered Chef or use a regular mini-muffin pan, but the results may vary.

How many servings does the Chocolate P Butter Torte recipe make?

The recipe makes 24 mini tortes, which can serve 12-24 people depending on portion size. You can also cut the recipe in half for a smaller batch.

Is the Chocolate P Butter Torte gluten-free?

No, the recipe for the Chocolate P Butter Torte contains flour and is not gluten-free. However, you can try using a gluten-free flour blend in place of regular flour to make it suitable for those with gluten sensitivities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KristyH
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
missmindym
  • Pampered Amber
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MSmith
  • spoiledchef