• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pancakes on the Stone: A Guide to Perfectly Cooked Pancakes

Could you have overbaked them?Not sure if you could just add an extra egg to the batter?BTW- I always add our vanilla to my pancake batter or to my french toast egg wash...yummy!
jsnow
can I cook pancakes on the stone?

thanks!
Jessica

People do. You just have to do them in the oven instead of the stovetop.

do they turn out ok?

Supposedly. I haven't made them that way. Most people just make 1 BIG rectangular pancake in the bar pan.

I haven't tried it myself, but My director makes one huge pancake for her family using the bar pan. I'll see if I can get the specifics for you.

Hmmmm...some of us seem to be on the same wavelength.

The ONLY way I make pancakes is in the barpan...saves me so much time standing over the stove when I can just pour the batter in and let it bake while knowing I had enough to feed my family PLUS leftovers! I also chop up apples and use the cinnamon in the batter for apple cakes! They are awesome! That is our traditional Thanksgiving breakfast.

oh wow! I've never heard of that? They taste the same? The texture, I mean.

Yes, they are the same! Taste great!

I'm learning from KGOk, I may be new here but I have been around too long and every time I see the title "Pancakes on the stone" my mind starts singing "Riders on the Storm":sing:

(You were supposed to say, "Tastes Great!" then I'd say...)Less Filling!

That was said already, I didn't want to be overly repetitious.

Well, the way the old beer commercials went with it, we could have done TASTES GREAT!LESS FILLING! for several pages.(For you kids who have no idea what we're talking about, that phrase used to sell beer.)http://www.neonsign.com/eng_lightedsigns/images/millerlite3dtastegreatsign.jpg

Sorry to get back on topic......lol, but does anyone know how long to bake (and at what temp) a full pan of it??

Here's what I have...it mentions 375 for 15 but I haven't tried it. This is a classic document though - has been around for ages so I would think it works :)

Attachments

• A Day In The Life of a Stoneware Bar Pan.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 686
kcjodih said:
Here's what I have...it mentions 375 for 15 but I haven't tried it. This is a classic document though - has been around for ages so I would think it works :)

THANKS!!! :thumbup:

Smashie said:
Sorry to get back on topic......lol, but does anyone know how long to bake (and at what temp) a full pan of it??
Are you suggesting that we're trying to hijack this thread? :eek:

Or that we're just full (pan) of it?

:mad:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Are you suggesting that we're trying to hijack this thread? :eek:

Or that we're just full (pan) of it?

:mad:

Heheheh, Ooooh heavens NO. What would make you think that???? :p ;)

I've made the blueberry pancake in the small bar pan from the Lets Eat cookbook & it was yummy!

On Sunday I made pancakes in the bar pan for the first time!! My DH said " YOU DID WHAT?" and I was hoping to get them on his plate before he realized, but he said they were good. I think he likes them better in the pan, but he is easy to please.

He ate the left overs, the next day. They looked dry to me....any sugguestions

Vanessa~

Could you have overbaked them? Not sure if you could just add an extra egg to the batter?

BTW- I always add our vanilla to my pancake batter or to my french toast egg wash...yummy!

1. Can I use any pancake mix with the Pancakes on the Stone?

Yes, you can use any pancake mix with the Pancakes on the Stone. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the mix for the correct amount of liquid and cooking time.

2. Do I need to preheat the Pancakes on the Stone before using it?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the Pancakes on the Stone before using it. This will ensure that the pancakes cook evenly and prevent sticking.

3. How do I clean the Pancakes on the Stone?

The Pancakes on the Stone is dishwasher safe, but it can also be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using harsh chemicals or scrubbers to prolong the life of your stone.

4. Can I use the Pancakes on the Stone on a gas stove?

Yes, the Pancakes on the Stone can be used on both gas and electric stoves. Just make sure to adjust the heat accordingly to prevent burning.

5. How thick should the pancake batter be for best results on the Pancakes on the Stone?

The pancake batter should be a medium consistency, similar to traditional pancake batter. If it is too thick, the pancakes may not cook evenly, and if it is too thin, they may spread too much on the stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Estelene Nichols
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Natashya Giardina
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jillmami