• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Bake Pancakes in a Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan?

In summary, you can use the silicone floral cupcake pan to make pancakes. Don't spray the pan - just add pancake batter, bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes, and they plop right out! For real? I will have to try that!
SusanBP0129
Just had this idea passed on to me.....
:)
Silicone Floral Cupcake pan.
You can use it to make pancakes! Don't spray the pan - just add pancake batter, bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes, and they plop right out!

:eek: For real? I will have to try that! Forgive me for being stupid, but why wouldn't you need to spray it? Is it something in the batter that doesn't make them stick?

What a fun idea! I will have to try it this weekend. That is my girls' favorite breakfast on the weekends:D

SusanBP0129 said:
Just had this idea passed on to me.....
:)
Silicone Floral Cupcake pan.
You can use it to make pancakes! Don't spray the pan - just add pancake batter, bake at 350 degrees for 14 minutes, and they plop right out!

THANK You!!! Just in time for my daughter's first slumber party tomorrow!

I posted this but still haven't tried it!! LOL.
Anyone try it yet???

SusanBP0129 said:
I posted this but still haven't tried it!! LOL.
Anyone try it yet???

They come out WONDERFUL!!!

Hi Ginger!
I really need to try it, don't I??
I am thinking of doing brownies in them to bring to a show tomorrow night. Have you tried brownies in them?

It's a shame I live in a house of men. They just don't appreciate pretty food. Maybe I can have the girls over for brunch.

SusanBP0129 said:
Hi Ginger!
I really need to try it, don't I??
I am thinking of doing brownies in them to bring to a show tomorrow night. Have you tried brownies in them?

Have not tried the brownies yet, but I have heard they come great. So far my favs in them are the pancakes & the recipe it comes with, I think its called Sugar Pound Cakes or something like that:rolleyes:

I did the Pound Cakes & they are awesome!!

SusanBP0129 said:
I did the Pound Cakes & they are awesome!!

I did the pancakes. I did spray the pan with Pam. Then just as you said a little butter, big hit!

BrowniesI tried brownies, and could not get them to come out. Only 4 of the 12 came out undamaged.

I was really bummed. I was making them for my Veggie Tale Mom's party. I using a Paula Dean recipe where you put peanut butter chips in the middle of each cup...so YUMMY...and wanted the pretty flowers!

Any tips on doing brownies in the silicone pan? I sprayed Pam...do these require something more (like Pan-Ease or flour)?

If you use anything with flour in it, the details may not come out as well. Get them out within 2-4 minutes of coming out of the oven!

nikked said:
I tried brownies, and could not get them to come out. Only 4 of the 12 came out undamaged.

I was really bummed. I was making them for my Veggie Tale Mom's party. I using a Paula Dean recipe where you put peanut butter chips in the middle of each cup...so YUMMY...and wanted the pretty flowers!

Any tips on doing brownies in the silicone pan? I sprayed Pam...do these require something more (like Pan-Ease or flour)?

I tried something similar, except I used Reese's Peanut Butter Cups cut into quarters. Couldn't get those puppies out to save my sole. Husband had to eat a bunch of broken brownies!! (he's a trooper.. he took one for the team!!)

I had no trouble with orange cranberry muffins, but I am thinking the peanut butter cups did something to make the brownies too soft (??) and they wouldn't release. Tried several pans (we had ALOT of rejects!!) fiddled with time, etc, but no luck. Was making these for the Baby's R Us employees... finally just used the rectangle baker and sprinkled the peanut butter cups on top. I heard they were very good... the pan came back licked clean.

And another thing.... my pan now has all this brown gunk left from the Pam. I scrubbed then sent it thru the dishwasher and still have it on. Any ideas how to get it off??

I sprayed mine with pam before cooking and had the hardest time getting the pancakes out right away. I let them sit for more than 5 minutes, upside down the first time and right side up the second time (did 2 batches). I had to convince them to come out (gently squeezing the sides of each one, then pushing up from the bottom to get them out...they were all absolutely perfect).

If you let them cool upside down on the rack, the pressure of the pan actually flattens them out nicely so that they stand upright on the plate. :D

I tried doing pancake muffins this morning and they turned out awsome!!
I didn't spray my pan. Yummy:)

Has anyone tried regualr muffins in them like blueberry?

janel kelly said:
Has anyone tried regualr muffins in them like blueberry?

Closest I got was Banana nut muffins & they came out awesome!!! Next I want to try either fruit or nuts in the pancakes!!:D

PamperChefCarol said:
I tried something similar, except I used Reese's Peanut Butter Cups cut into quarters. Couldn't get those puppies out to save my sole. Husband had to eat a bunch of broken brownies!! (he's a trooper.. he took one for the team!!) I am thinking the peanut butter cups did something to make the brownies too soft (??) and they wouldn't release. Tried several pans (we had ALOT of rejects!!) fiddled with time, etc, but no luck. Was making these for the Baby's R Us employees... finally just used the rectangle baker and sprinkled the peanut butter cups on top. I heard they were very good... the pan came back licked clean.

Maybe bake the brownies halfway, then press a PB cup into them?

Using a PC scoop I presume, what size scoop and how full do you fill the Silicone cupcake pan for pancakes?

pkd09 said:
Using a PC scoop I presume, what size scoop and how full do you fill the Silicone cupcake pan for pancakes?

I use the med. scoop. They turn out great.

1. How do I use the Pancake Cupcakes pan?

To use the Pancake Cupcakes pan, first preheat your oven to 375°F. Then, prepare your pancake batter according to your desired recipe. Next, lightly spray the pan with cooking spray and pour the batter into each cup, filling them about ⅔ of the way full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes before removing from the pan and serving.

2. Can I make other types of cupcakes in the Pancake Cupcakes pan?

Yes, the Pancake Cupcakes pan can be used to make a variety of different types of cupcakes, such as muffins, cornbread, and even mini quiches. Just make sure to adjust the baking time according to your desired recipe.

3. How many cupcakes does the Pancake Cupcakes pan make?

The Pancake Cupcakes pan makes 12 cupcakes in total.

4. Is the Pancake Cupcakes pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Pancake Cupcakes pan is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for best results and to prolong the life of the pan.

5. Can I use the Pancake Cupcakes pan on a stovetop?

No, the Pancake Cupcakes pan is designed to be used in the oven only. Using it on a stovetop could damage the pan and cause uneven cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef.carol
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
wcsis