• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampering Your Business: A Guide for Newbies in Yukon, OK

In summary, "pampering a business" is a marketing strategy where you bring in food and catalogs to a business and offer a chance for the employees to try the food and place orders. You can also leave some sample products and take orders from the employees. It is recommended to call ahead before showing up, but some prefer to surprise the business. Popular businesses to pamper include hair salons, doctor/dentist offices, and schools. This method has been successful in generating interest and sales for the business. There is no official demonstration involved, just dropping off the food and catalogs and collecting orders. It is important to keep track of which businesses you have pampered and what recipes you have used.
cwinter474
Gold Member
How do you go about "Pampering a Business" I am a newbie and am a little confused about this, :confused: I have seen several post on this subject but no real "how to's"..... HELP us newbies out!!!!:cry:

Newbie in Yukon, OK
Carol

The idea is that you make a recipe (I tell them I need taste testers!) and leave a catalog or two with order forms and tell the receptionist or whoever you are talking to that you'll give them credit for any orders that they get. Set a time to come back to pick them up. Doesn't hurt to leave a stone or SA piece so that you HAVE to come back. If it's $150, that's a show! If not, that's okay...just give them a gift for collecting orders.

Do you just show up with food & catalogs? Or do you call 1st? I have read a lot about doing this but had no idea where to start.

stacywhitlow said:
Do you just show up with food & catalogs? Or do you call 1st? I have read a lot about doing this but had no idea where to start.

I'm curious to hear a response to this too. I think you would want to call first.

I just show up with the food! I announce to them all that I was testing the recipe and didn't want to leave it at home because I would eat the whole thing!! :) I also bring along a ziploc bag with plates, forks, napkins (and whatever else is needed). I then of course have catalogs, order forms etc.

I almost always get enough for a catalog show! And it does generate interest in your business!:thumbup: :thumbup:

I try to pamper 1 business a month! I do keep a log of which businesses I pamper and what recipe I took. I find this helpful because some places I have pampered more than once! (and I can't remember anything unless it is written down!!);)

vtodd71 said:
I'm curious to hear a response to this too. I think you would want to call first.

And I am opposite, I want to surprise them with a great recipe!!:)

fruit76loop said:
I just show up with the food! I announce to them all that I was testing the recipe and didn't want to leave it at home because I would eat the whole thing!! :) I also bring along a ziploc bag with plates, forks, napkins (and whatever else is needed). I then of course have catalogs, order forms etc.

I almost always get enough for a catalog show! And it does generate interest in your business!:thumbup: :thumbup:

I try to pamper 1 business a month! I do keep a log of which businesses I pamper and what recipe I took. I find this helpful because some places I have pampered more than once! (and I can't remember anything unless it is written down!!);)

I have so many questions and I don't know where to start first. Do you leave your PC product with them? I would think they would enjoy it so much that it would become missing.

Do you get orders from them? If so, can you estimate your average sales?

I would think dropping off plates, forks, napkins, etc. would get expensive.

O.K. That is enough questions for now. :D

fruit76loop said:
And I am opposite, I want to surprise them with a great recipe!!:)

Has anyone asked you to leave? I guess I would be afraid that would happen to me. I know most businesses around here have a No Solicitation policy.

I thought of another important question. What type of business do you "Pamper"?

vtodd71 said:

I think most folks agree that places like hair dresses, doc/dentist offices and such work really well. Some drop things off at their kids' school and have found success that way.

I keep wanting to start this but have had one obstacle after another to overcome (the past 2+ weeks have been health related) but I definitely want to give this a shot at least with my hair dresser, as a test to see how well it will work.

On one of the other threads it talks about doing a demo. I personally don't think this is Pampering a Business, I consider that a cooking show. For my Pampering there is no demo, no official talk etc! I just drop off the recipe and let them know I am collecting orders and if enough orders are collected I will draw for the host benefits (like a mystery host show) and then head on my way!

vtodd71 said:
I have so many questions and I don't know where to start first. Do you leave your PC product with them? I would think they would enjoy it so much that it would become missing.

Do you get orders from them? If so, can you estimate your average sales?

I would think dropping off plates, forks, napkins, etc. would get expensive.

O.K. That is enough questions for now. :D

Depending on where I pamper depends on whether I drop my PC product. I usually let them know I am just starting my errands for the day and will be back in about an hour to get my stone, simple additions etc. ( Even if I don't have any errands, this is the verbage I use because I feel most comfortable with it)

I do usually get at least a couple of orders, ($60-$150) my highest one was $800! :D But the best is the shows that get booked from these and the new team members!!:)

And for the cost of plates, forks, napkins I buy them at the $1 store and even split them depending on the size of the business. For example if I am going to the hair salon where there are 4 people working I bring about 10 of each. If I am going to the bank where more people work then I will leave a whole pack of each. It is really not a big expense!

PS...:) :) I thought this was funny that you were talking about the expense of the plates and such because on the other thread where we talked about buying the food for shows you said you pay for the hosts food!!!:) :)

vtodd71 said:

In the past I have pampered the following:

Insurance office
Post office (all the front postal employees know me from mailing so much!)
Doctor's office (dentist, eye doctor etc)
Hair salon
Bridal store
Accountants
Spas
Banks
Copy Store
Staples

Basically anywhere you do business you can pamper! And you can of course go to places you don't do business too!!!:)

It is great to start with businesses where you know someone (like the bank because of your deposits for PC)!

Sorry....keep seeing all the different posts!

vtodd71 said:
Has anyone asked you to leave? I guess I would be afraid that would happen to me. I know most businesses around here have a No Solicitation policy.

Ha ha...do you really think someone is going to ask you to leave when you have an amazing dessert in your hand????;)

I almost always pamper by businesses with desserts, because it is most likely less expensive and most people will like desserts.:)

And I guess if they did ask me to leave....I'd leave. Sure I would be embarrised..but I would get over it!;)

fruit76loop said:
PS...:) :) I thought this was funny that you were talking about the expense of the plates and such because on the other thread where we talked about buying the food for shows you said you pay for the hosts food!!!:) :)

But at a show I know that I'm going to get orders. But if I just drop off food to a business, there is no gurantee right?

Thanks for all the responses. You really have got my wheels a turning in my head. There are tons of places I visit that I could "Pamper". Do you have any words of wisdom or any etiquette you would like to talk about? Since I'm new at the whole "Pampering a Business" concept I wouldn't want to do something to offend a business.

fruit76loop said:
Sorry....keep seeing all the different posts!

Ha ha...do you really think someone is going to ask you to leave when you have an amazing dessert in your hand????;)

Don't be sorry. You are actually giving very valuable information.

I guess the key is to at first hit up a business that you visit quite often. I'm sure they won't ask you, as a customer, to leave, especially if you are bringing them some yummy food. :D

I guess the main thing is not to try to pamper a business during peak hours. If you know the bank is crazy busy at 5 pm, dont pamper it then.

Also don't try to do a long PC talk. Just make it as casual as you can!

vtodd71 said:
But at a show I know that I'm going to get orders. But if I just drop off food to a business, there is no gurantee right?.

And there are no guarantees even for a cooking show!!;) You are of course more likely to get orders from a show...but not guaranteed! I had a show once where no one showed up due to aweful weather and the host just gave up!!:cry:

vtodd71 said:
Don't be sorry. You are actually giving very valuable information. :D

Like this is a surpise???:angel: I am full of info!!! :)

Marlene, thanks for some great ideas. I think I may have to waltz in somewhere with dessert!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank YouThank You all for the amazing question and answer session!!!
:)thumbup: fruit76loop and vtodd71:thumbup: )

I am now ready to start Pampering.....:chef:

I was thinking about the plates, forks and such.... PC has a ton of recipes that are finger foods. So you could just do napkins.

I have an idea I would like to throw in..... A school, on a professional day, when only the teachers and staff are in. They are in and out of meetings so you could easily drop by a "snack" as a thank you for the teachers and let it snowball.

What are some of the easiest/most like recipes?? I'm thinking simple, KWIM?!! These are great ideas! I think I'm going to pamper a few businesses on Monday, then maybe 1 a week after that! I just have a few businesses that I visit often that I'd like to do NOW!! Thanks!!

Easy Recipe:chef: Here is a EASY quick recipe that everyone keeps wanting me to bring.

Special K Cookies

1 cup Sugar
1 cup white Karo
12 ounces of Creamy Peanut Butter
4 Cups Special K cereal

Measure 1 cup of suger in either the Prep bowl, Measuring Cups, or the Adjustable Spoons.
Measure the 1 cup of Karo in the Easy Read Measuring Cups.
Measure the 12 ounces of Peanut Butter into the Measure-All Cup
Measure the 4 cups Special K in the 4 cup Easy Read Measuring Cup.

Put the Karo and the Sugar into the 3-qt Covered Saucepan from the Executive Cookware and bring to a boil. (I use the Skinny Scraper)
Add the Peanut Butter. (here is where the guest really start ooing and auhhing...)
Stir with one of the 12" Bamboo Spoons until mixture is nice and creamy, be sure that all the Peanut Butter is melted.
Remove from heat.
Stir in the Special K, stir quickly as the cooler it becomes the harder it is to stir.
Using the Bamboo Spoon drip a cookie onto wax paper and allow to cool.

Your guest will be AMAZED :love: at how easily the sticky mixture pulls away from the pan. And then you can really start getting them into the cookware.

I will almost always sell at least 3 of the Meaure-All Cups and a few sets of the Easy Read Measuring cups. And I get alot of interest in the cookware, but haven't had any buyers yet. :cry:

*chef's note - I always kinda gently mash the Special K down in the 4cup, not much, just that small flakes mix in better. You usually get about 24 cookies per batch.

Would you provide a flyer for "pampering a business"? I very interested in doing this however, I am uncertain of where to start. Any suggestions???

I don't know that anyone has a flyer per say, but I thought if you re-read all the post from start to end in this thread you should be able to get the jest of how to pamper a business.....

From what I got from the Q&A on this thread, flyers are not part of the process. No sitting in front of a PC in a safe zone.

It's making a recipe, going to a business, and asking for orders.

"Safe Zone"....?

well not really. But if you pamper a business that you go to regular basic, and they know you a consultant how scary can it be???:confused:

If the purchases don't add up to enough for a show, do you continue to pamper other businesses until they do? Also, if several businesses are getting pampered in order to create a show, where do the items get sent and who receives the host benefits?

I guess it would all depend on how you want to do it. Have a show going already & you know the host & it would bump her to the next level? Then tag it on to that! Pamper a few different businesses to add up to a show? Have it shipped to you & raffle off the host benefits to those who did place orders! That's the beauty of this business~do it how you want to!!!!
I'm starting my Pampering on Monday!!

Okay, so how many of you pampered a business today?

I Don't stress about pampering a business....it's something that comes naturally to me, thanks to my mom. She always would bring goodies to various people in our lives, and now I do the same thing. As a matter of fact, tomorrow I have an appointment with my chiropractor, and I am bringing them the warm (well, cold) nutty caramel brownies on a red plate with valentine's cards from my girls. Everyone at that office is so friendly and I want to do something for them for V-Day, and if it happens to generate some interest in my business then great. (Of course I will leave catalogs for them, too, and perhaps engage in some PC chit-chat.)

Think of the businesses that you frequent....your family doctor, your post office (or mail store), your dentist (come on, they eat sweets, too!), your day care provider, your vet's office, etc. These are all people that you see from time to time. They will appreciate the thoughfulness, and now you will be in their minds if they ever happen to need to call on Pampered Chef.

Special occasions and holidays are a great reason to pamper a business, if you're nervous about it. Valentine's Day=chocolate=opportunity

(bumping this one too, I've bumped a few this evening...sorry)I'm new to PC and really wanted to reach out to my community and meet new people. I set a goal to find 3 businesses to pamper every Tuesday and Thursday in my first 30 days. What I have been doing is going in on Tues/Thurs and asking the receptionists if i could "pamper their office tomorrow." I have about a 50% success rate (most no's because PC consultant already servicing office). Then on Wed/Fri I bring in a generic basket of cookies (nothing special, it's not about the recipe...just about getting people to notice PC). I also bring in a few catalogs, OOF and a flyer stating information about "mystery hostess sweepstakes" (I pick from all $30 or more orders for a random hostess).Then on the next Tuesday/Thursday I go back in to pick up orders and my basket. I let the mystery hostess know she won...and close the show by the weekend. Adding up my time and expenses...it's WELL worth it to pamper a business. I spend about $5.00 on each business and it takes about 3 hours out of my week to do all 6 businesses.I encourage you all to do this if you have the need to increase your business...it can't hurt to try, right?

Last edited:
I had a dentist appt yesterday, took a catalog and a HWC flyer in. signed in and showed them the flyer and catalog, told them about the HWC campaign, and also about "What we call Pampering a Business. It's where I bring in a dessert or appetizer, or even a salad for lunch. "
Then I had my teeth cleaned...when I came out the lady behind the desk said that she and the other girl behind the desk want me to come do that. And asked me to call her later this week and set up a day/time next week to do it!

I'd like to bring them a salad...I'm thinking the Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Toss from the It's Good For You cookbook. It's so yummy! Light! and easy!

She said there's only 3 of them there at lunch time...the rest leave I guess. But I'm thinking they'd hang around that one day for a free lunch...and look at the catalog!

Or I could bring in a dessert that everyone would nibble on.

But I like the whole...show up and surprise them...so it's not like I'm catering to them..."What would you like..."etc So I think i'll just ask if they would like a salad or a dessert. and leave it at that.

I look forward to doing this at least once a month too. Maybe once a week until I get my calendar the way I want it.

Way to go!Was it easier than you expected? I thought it was.Congrats, tell us how it goes!

Thank youThank you to all who gave exceptional advice!! It sure has helped me with ideas

Thanks so much for the Q and A! I'm feeling so motivated now!! My upline just pampered her bank and she brought in some cheap glass plates instead of paper - they had to give them to her before she left because they said that they couldn't keep anything of monetary value. I thought that was interesting, and something to think about if you bring your PC products to serve things in.

Anyway, thanks again you guys!

Kristin

this thread is so awesome my wheels are already turning thinking of places i could start pampering next week.

I think Pampering a business would be a great idea for those tough months- when sometimes some of us (I) are doing all we can do just to stay active!

I love all the input this little post has gotten! There are so many ideas for the new and seasoned consultant here.

I agree that this is just what you need to get thru the tough months. It has saved my butt more than a few times. Now sometimes when I go to the bank they ask me when I am coming back to bring something. Which I don't mind doing as long as I get a few orders.

This month I am trying the HWC cookies and leaving a HWC order form. Wish me luck.

Carol

I think ALL new Consultants should plan on pampering 1 business a week as well as having a mystery hostess show.Combined, these two things alone could produce the results necessary to qualify in their 1st 30 days.You know what else every new Consultant needs? They need CS!!! ;)Have a great night everyone.I'm off to do a new flyer for Pampering businesses! Cheers,
Cyndi

I am off from my regular job teaching VBS this week. I thought it would be a good time to "Pamper" a few businesses. I thought I would stick with those who knew me well, like my hair salon, doctor's office and insurance office. I was wondering though, since I am on vacation and have mornings tied up at church....how dressed up should I be when I go "pampering." I am not sure it is appropriate to show up in my shorts even though it IS summer. Can I get a few opinions?

I always thought this was called soliciting and most businesses around here have signs saying 'no soliciting'. Everything everyone has suggested sounds great; I guess I just worried about the legality of it.:confused:

Hi there Denis!

I just saw this thread and thought it was a great idea!! What recipe do you normally take into the office??

I just had some great success this week! I went to a relatively new massage place down the street last Saturday, walked in with the Tropical Torte, and they were SO honored and surprised that I chose their business to pamper! I'm not doing so hot for my bookings right now, but this was great. Before I left on Saturday, they offered me a discount massage and everything!

On top of that, they happened to be having a grand opening on Wednesday (tonight) so they invited me back for that. I had my stuff up at a booth for only a matter of hours and booked 2 shows for May and got about 10 maybes! I didn't get very much sales, but it was the bookings that I needed.

This was my first attempt at Pampering a business, so hopefully it will continue!

:sing:

I have to add to this thread.

Years ago, when I had ran another business, there would be no way that I would allow some strange off the street to stop in, bring something to eat and leave some catalogs. First of all, I don't know you from Adam and today, there are all kinds of people in the world. I would have politely told the consultant that we don't allow solicitors and shown her the door. Dessert or no dessert. Period.

That being said, a friend, who is a Mary Kay lady, is having great success by calling ahead and asking permission to stop by with a treat and some catalogs. I think she said, 30% of the businesses lead to business for her. Now if someone would have called me, explained who they were, that might have been a different story. Asking for permission would have done along way. I might have said yes.

Maybe it depends on what kind of area you live? Maybe more "rural" area business or even just a smaller town where there's one bank, post office, etc. I live in California, in a suburb of Los Angeles and while I love Cali, I've noticed in my traveling (limited as it is) that people in other states are WAY more friendly. Walking down the street we often don't even look at each other in the eye here, let alone say hi or be willing to eat something at a business that who knows prepared and brought. I think it's sad, but it's true. Calling ahead could fix that though. Also, I don't know how much this applies to other people, but as far as banking and the post office goes, I usually use drive through ATMs to deposit all my money and the rare times I do have to go IN to a post office there are 4 different ones (3 local to home, 1 local to work) that I go too. I really want to do this but I'm stuck on where to go...so far the only ones I can think of are dentist and chiropractor (I'm going tomorrow....hm....maybe I'll get up early and make something!).

Has anyone ever pampered a retirement or convalescent home? We have alot near us and they tend to be more receptive to people coming in from the community for stuff. I'm thinking of putting it at the nurse's station or break room, not for the residents (lots of food restrictions).

There is no way that anyone would accept "unknown" food where I live...Metro DC.I'm wondering if anyone has put in a fishbowl drawing contest at a business instead? Or are people also too leery of contests after being barraged by fake free travel contests?

I got up some courage today and took brownies to a bank that just opened by my house. I walked in with a tray with warm brownies in the bar pan, some napkins, two catalogs and outside order forms. They were so surprised and excited and practically drooling over them before I even said who I was. I told them I had chosen them as a business to pamper this week and to enjoy the brownies. Before I said anything else, one of the tellers asked if she could see a catalog. I told them I'll be back tomorrow to pick up the tray and any orders there might be. I didn't say anyting about the host rewards, we'll see how many orders there are... It was super easy, and with boxed brownie mixes on sale for a dollar each, this one didn't cost too much. We'll see. :)

fruit76loop said:

I was wondering what recipes you take? Can you give me an example or two?

jen5512 said:
I got up some courage today and took brownies to a bank that just opened by my house. I walked in with a tray with warm brownies in the bar pan, some napkins, two catalogs and outside order forms. They were so surprised and excited and practically drooling over them before I even said who I was. I told them I had chosen them as a business to pamper this week and to enjoy the brownies. Before I said anything else, one of the tellers asked if she could see a catalog. I told them I'll be back tomorrow to pick up the tray and any orders there might be. I didn't say anyting about the host rewards, we'll see how many orders there are... It was super easy, and with boxed brownie mixes on sale for a dollar each, this one didn't cost too much. We'll see. :)

Bumping --- How did you do Jen?

OOooohhhh..... I'm anxious to hear how you did Jen!!!!!

I had to add to this because that was what I did in my forst 30 days and it was really a great success. I asked ahead of time if I could do this because I didnt want to show up and the Library was somewhere i frequented. I collected about $100 in orders so no hostess benefits, I gave the coodinator a rub for helping me collect orders. I plan on doing my bank next and then my sisters mall where she works. Only six people work in it. (3 small businesses in it) and see where that goes.

<h2>1. What is "Pampering a Business"? </h2><p> "Pampering a Business" is a term used by Pampered Chef to describe the process of taking care of and nurturing your business. It involves implementing effective strategies and techniques to ensure the success and growth of your business.</p><h2>2. How do I get started with "Pampering a Business"? </h2><p>As a newbie, the first step is to familiarize yourself with the products and services offered by Pampered Chef. You can also attend training sessions and workshops to learn more about the company and its business model. Additionally, it is important to set specific goals and create a plan to achieve them.</p><h2>3. What are some effective ways to "Pamper a Business"? </h2><p>Some effective ways to "Pamper a Business" include creating a strong online presence through social media and a professional website, networking with other business owners and potential customers, consistently promoting and marketing your products and services, and providing exceptional customer service.</p><h2>4. How can I stay motivated while "Pampering a Business"? </h2><p>It is important to stay motivated and focused while "Pampering a Business". One way to do this is by setting small achievable goals and celebrating each milestone. It is also helpful to surround yourself with a supportive and encouraging community, whether it be other consultants or friends and family.</p><h2>5. What resources does Pampered Chef offer for "Pampering a Business"? </h2><p>Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources for consultants to "Pamper a Business". This includes training and development opportunities, marketing materials, and a supportive community of fellow consultants. Additionally, the company provides access to online tools and resources to help you manage and grow your business.</p>

Related to Pampering Your Business: A Guide for Newbies in Yukon, OK

1. What is "Pampering a Business"?

"Pampering a Business" is a term used by Pampered Chef to describe the process of taking care of and nurturing your business. It involves implementing effective strategies and techniques to ensure the success and growth of your business.

2. How do I get started with "Pampering a Business"?

As a newbie, the first step is to familiarize yourself with the products and services offered by Pampered Chef. You can also attend training sessions and workshops to learn more about the company and its business model. Additionally, it is important to set specific goals and create a plan to achieve them.

3. What are some effective ways to "Pamper a Business"?

Some effective ways to "Pamper a Business" include creating a strong online presence through social media and a professional website, networking with other business owners and potential customers, consistently promoting and marketing your products and services, and providing exceptional customer service.

4. How can I stay motivated while "Pampering a Business"?

It is important to stay motivated and focused while "Pampering a Business". One way to do this is by setting small achievable goals and celebrating each milestone. It is also helpful to surround yourself with a supportive and encouraging community, whether it be other consultants or friends and family.

5. What resources does Pampered Chef offer for "Pampering a Business"?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources for consultants to "Pamper a Business". This includes training and development opportunities, marketing materials, and a supportive community of fellow consultants. Additionally, the company provides access to online tools and resources to help you manage and grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Crothers
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • lkprescott
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies