• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Partner: Pros and Cons of the MLM Software - User Opinions

In summary, the new program is MUCH better. I'm using it exclusively already.Are you talking about PP3?How can I tell which I have??
hoosierchef
Ok, I have to say that I HATE pampered partner! That was one of my erks the last time I was a consultant. The theory behind the software and it's possibilities are great, but the interface could look much better, more professional and more user friendly.

What does everyone else think?? :confused:

The new program is MUCH better. I'm using it exclusively already.

Are you talking about PP3?

How can I tell which I have?? I downloaded it from CC?

If it's pretty and blue, it's the new one. If it's grey and clunky, it's the old. I don't know if the new one can be downloaded yet or not, though I figure so.

jenniferp417 said:
If it's pretty and blue, it's the new one. If it's grey and clunky, it's the old. I don't know if the new one can be downloaded yet or not, though I figure so.

It says V16.0.6

Is that the new or old?

hoosierchef said:
It says V16.0.6

Is that the new or old?

That's the old one. The new one, Pampered Partner Plus (aka. PP+ or P3) is on the CD they sent with our changeover kit (as well as the old PP with a newer version 16.0).

K.....I HATE THE OLD ONE! :p

I'll will wait to pass judgement until I see the new one. Thanks Rebecca!!

My pleasure! :D

I totally agree with you!!!
I can't stand the look of PP
Haven't installed PP3 yet.
I am itching to do, but haven't.

Go for it Melissa--you will like it!

That is PP3!

OMG!!! I LOVE THE NEW PP3!!!!!!!

When I saw the interface upon immediately installing it, I was IMPRESSED to say the least!!! It looks so much more like the programs in Microsoft that I use on a daily basis!

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED!!!!!

Is anyone else still having a problem getting P3 to update when it starts up the first time? I'm still getting an "unable to update" message. Apparently, the person I spoke to yesterday from Tech Support was misinformed about what was causing it.
There's a wait for Tech Support now, and I can't call during the day because I'll be at work (and unable to log on to the internet).

I haven't had a problem. I hope you get it up and running properly soon Ann so you can enjoy it like I am.

Bummer Ann! Sorry that you are having trouble. I've logged on several times today and haven't had any trouble either and each time it has updated!

I just got off the phone with Brandon in Tech Support. He was really nice. Said that there are many problems that keep popping up with the updater, but it's not because the software is bad. All the install CD's were burned from one master, but somehow things start acting funny on different computers. He directed me to a manual updater, which solved my problem.I DID ask him if I could post the link to the manual updater for those who are still having problems, but he said that they're tracking the errors, so they need the log files. So I can't post it.Once I actually connected (on hold for 18 minutes), it was about 14 minutes to get it updated and running. hooray!

I'm on hold for tech support right now too. I'm having trouble closing a show due to payment issues. In PP, you could assign payments however you wanted and it didn't have to "balance" per se. Now I'm having trouble!

My host wants to put her mom's and sister's orders on her debit card. So I put the total cost of the three on the hosts order and leave the others at $0 since there isn't an "on account" anymore. P3 won't let me because it says that two customers "have not paid". But, if I put in a payment (like a fake check number) than it says that "the total due does not equal the total paid". Yikes!!!! :confused: Has anyone had this problem yet?

Ooh- let us know, Rebecca. That comes up more often than one would think.

I will.....IF I can ever get someone live on the line!!!!!!!

O.k. So.....the tech guy (I can't remember his name and wouldn't have even been able to pronounce it if I could remember) said that I need to put her card on each order. I asked, "We can do that? I thought we could only use a card number once on each show!?!" He said he had never heard of that. So, I did what he said and submitted it. Let's hope it goes through alright!

I LOVE the item lookup feature....it is SO much easier and quicker to use! Also the customer lookup too. They sure have improved the functionality of Pampered Partner with P3!

Thanks for the update information Rebecca. If I was on last night I would have suggested that myself.

I am so happy Ann that you finally got on to PP3!

pamperedharriet said:
I am so happy Ann that you finally got on to PP3!
Me, too! Not for me, but I have a NEW RECRUIT (woo-hoo!) who will be using P3, because that's what ships with the kit. And would like to be able to answer any questions she may have.

I'm actually going to be entering things in both versions when I do switch over. I'm used to some of the reports that don't exist yet in P3.

And Brandon, the support guy who helped me, will be getting a Thank You card from me. I've decided to start sending those when I get good help from HO staff. It might make their day and that will help someone else get good service. :)

Export emailsI have installed and I am using P3 and I love it! I cannot locate where we export our contact information though. Anyone found this yet?

I don't think they have that available to us yet. Hopefully soon in an update!

Is anyone elses PP3 PAINFULLY slow?

If anything is running in the background it takes forever for the PP3 screen to even come up and then there is a delay with every differnt thing that I try to do. I have to wait 20-30 seconds to change any screen. This can't be OK. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Love Pampered PartnerMe, personally, I love Pampered Partner. It is one of the reasons I have stuck around.

I love the data base, reports, letters, etc. I find it very easy to use, and easy to train on also. I am excited about the possibilities with P3, but am leary of unresolved issues and inability to do some basic functions (like contact management) in it. I don't think I'll be switching yet, but am excited to play with it.

I have not even begun to look at P3 yet. Monday has been designated "box day". Because of our move, I haven't opened changeover or sell-a-thon boxes yet. I am excited to and start playing with my goodies!

Does all my old PP information transfer over seamlessly?

Sarah

download PP3
rebeccastt said:
That's the old one. The new one, Pampered Partner Plus (aka. PP+ or P3) is on the CD they sent with our changeover kit (as well as the old PP with a newer version 16.0).

I thought I read somewhere where we could download the new PP3 from CC, I could be wrong though.

liz

The new one is on the CD. There's an update to the old version on CC.FYI- there are some quirky issues with the installer on the CD. It apparently will corrupt some installations. The most common problem is that then when P3 starts for the first time, it can't update itself. Call Tech Support. They'll ask for the log file (they'll tell you where to find it) and will direct you to someplace online where you can download an updater. I asked about posting the updater here, and was told not to (please) because they want to know about the problems.

snugbug said:
Does all my old PP information transfer over seamlessly?

Sarah

It should Sarah!

Double check the info though...When I finally found the P3 update and ran it, I found that two of my many contacts lost the mailing address. I had to go back to PP to find them and put it back in. By any chance Ann, did the updater error come up in a box that said something like application error 599? or was it 559? I keep getting that on my second computer, (my just incase one), and it won't go any further at all. It is driving me nuts. What is even more strange about it is that PP runs it's electronic connection from this very same computer without a hitch. PP3 won't! I have an e-mail into tech support so I am hoping they may actually answer me. They have quite readily over the last several days.
I have to admit I loved the instructions they included with the PP/PP3 disc that made it so easy to do the update. NOT! I didn't find out how until I came out here. I mean nothing at all in the change over box! And the on-line install instructions - I swear - were not in CC when I looked for them when I got the CD on Saturday. I do like it though once I got installed on the laptop! Really slick! I don't like it either that it will not let us drop a payment onto the host order though to cover the balance due. You have to go into each individual order and basically balance each order. Such a pain especially if the host uses a CC. To many possibilities to key that same number in wrong. Oh well, if we complain about that enough, they will have to change it.

John,
I just copied the cc# and pasted it....it IS a pain to do it, but at least that way I can't mess up the number! LOL!

Pp3
rebeccastt said:

I didn't realize I got these and went looking and installed the version 16. I'll have to go check for the newer one, my computer is running extremely slow now too. :(

Liz

pampered1224 said:
When I finally found the P3 update and ran it, I found that two of my many contacts lost the mailing address. I had to go back to PP to find them and put it back in. By any chance Ann, did the updater error come up in a box that said something like application error 599? or was it 559? I keep getting that on my second computer, (my just incase one), and it won't go any further at all. It is driving me nuts. What is even more strange about it is that PP runs it's electronic connection from this very same computer without a hitch. PP3 won't! I have an e-mail into tech support so I am hoping they may actually answer me. They have quite readily over the last several days.
John, the error I kept getting was just an alert box (the kind with a stop sign in it) that said something along the lines of: The application was unable to process any updates. If the problem persists, contact the Solution Center at .......

There was no error number.

And how did you not see the installation instructions? They were printed in invisible ink on the envelope.

Last edited:
Thanks, John for your input. I will double check to make sure all of my contacts information is there. I did notice that when I printed my receipts the customers address does not appear. Kind of rough when a host has to call and/or deliver and has to look it up.

On the new PP3 that so far I really like , only 1 think I dont . I wanted to open a party that was 6 month old and you can not open it , so I called Tec support and they said the only way to open it is to change the Date on your COMPUTER now I really don;t want to do that every time I want to go back to get phone number or get somthing and I justthought of it we cant get a recipt unless we do that or I guess I can just go to regular pp to get that

Doreen:

You can click on that show and then click summary. It will download in a PDF all of the show information. I also think that you can click on that show and then click print receipts. Try it.

old show info:p Ok Harriet
you can get recipt when you click on the Hosts name , they all come up. The only thing is the print is really really small so you have to nit the + button to get the info you want . At least we can get the recipte we want
Thanks .
p.S I have submitted a supply order and a parts order already This weekend I should close 2 shows on PP3 I'll let you know how it goes :eek:

Has any tried to install it on your laptop? Do HAVE to get online with the laptop to install completely. If so, that is the only thing I don't like so far.

chef131doreen said:
:p Ok Harriet
you can get recipt when you click on the Hosts name , they all come up. The only thing is the print is really really small so you have to nit the + button to get the info you want . At least we can get the recipte we want
Thanks .
p.S I have submitted a supply order and a parts order already This weekend I should close 2 shows on PP3 I'll let you know how it goes :eek:

I submitted a show Monday night on it and it arrived today. Glad it's not just me seeing how small the print is on the receipts! I had to wear my glasses to check them out before I bagged the order for my host.

Glad I could help you Doreen--now if we can only see again!!!!!!!

Does anyone know how to fix the font on the receipts on PP3? Everything is in PDF format for reports on PP3 which is good and you can save it easily but we will all need magnifying glasses to read them!

chefann said:
And Brandon, the support guy who helped me, will be getting a Thank You card from me. I've decided to start sending those when I get good help from HO staff. It might make their day and that will help someone else get good service. :)

Send it to his supervisor, too, so it can go in his record. May help for raises and promotions.

Robin

So that's what it did!I am so myphed by this. I was talking to the network guy here at work after getting an e-mail from tech support. Apparently I will NEVER be able to put P3 on my work computer and get it to work. Does me alot of good since at least 60% of my business comes from my FT job. It has something to do with the firewall. Such a pain. And our network guy told me to take my laptop to my mom's - 45 miles from home - and see if P3 will open. If it updates upon opening and it does detect a wireless network in the area and can not connect, it may not open at all like the one here at work won't! I will keep you all posted because I am going to her house tomorrow.

Ok just to let you all know you can't change the type of show once you do it. Well only from kitchen to catty but NOT from catty to kitchen. What a pain in the but. And Also if you do not have a address for the guests it cant figure out the tax. It took me 2 hours to figure this all out for a $300 show....... What a BIG PAIN IN THE @#$%^&&***(*^$#@!%$#^&*^&(*&)(
Can you tell I am not happy with this new program. I had to re enter the entire show to switch the type. I spoke to a guy Roland from HO who was very helpful. I put a commenmt about the catty to kitchen glitch with HO. Please everyone else do this also. Mabey they can fix that GLITCH>>>>> Oh wait the whole program is one giant GLITCH>>>>>>>Don't mind me I'm just ranting....

I was also frustrated by not being able to switch from catty to kichen! I pride myself on "upselling" catty hosts to have a small get together for more sales and cooking show status. I guess I will enter them all in as cooking then switch to catty if they don't want the demo part.

Also, the tax is figured by county on P3, and in Alaska at least every town has a different tax rate. I had to override every guest's tax because there is no tax in the town I am shipping to and P3 automatically figured the highest town's tax in the borough.

In defense of the old PP, I have really seen it greatly improved over the last 7 1/2 years!!!! As a full-time computer programmer, I wasn't real happy with the program when I first started in August 1999, but it is wonderful now compared to then.

I haven't had a chance to try PP3 yet, but I will soon. I hope that they get any "bugs" that it has out soon....

Thanks for all of your input. These are good things to know. I guess until something changes the best thing to do is put it in as a cooking and then if it doesn't work change to catalog.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• danaher3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bexs50
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • pc_am1