• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strange Callback From HQ: A Customer Service Anomaly

In summary, the conversation involved a customer calling HQ customer service and experiencing difficulties with a callback and getting the wrong spelling of a street in her shipping address. The customer ended the call without a resolution and speculated that the software may have automatically changed the spelling. The other person in the conversation empathized with the customer's frustration and shared their own experience with technical difficulties in customer service.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
OK, first off ... I have to say that 99.9 percent of the time, HQ customer service ROCKS! They are generally able to tell me who I am before I identify myself. Which is what makes this call ... odd.

First I wait for like 2 minutes (cel phone minutes) for the callback person to get on the line.

Then she says she's having problems and wants to transfer me.

Then she says she can't do that and suggests I call back. EXCUSE ME? I inform her no can do because a) I've waited an hour for this callback and b) I'm on my way to a meeting at work. I explain that my request is a very simple one.

Then I tell her that the hostess of Show 10 informs me that I have mis-spelled the name of her street, and we simply don't want to confuse the Fed Ex man.

She tells me that Show 10 was "way back in 2001" and I inform her that I was not a consultant in 2001. She asks me if I'm referring to my most recent show because she's got like 300 shows from me.

I finally said, "I am a new consultant, I have only turned in 10 shows, and my consultant number is 1234567!"

She finally plugs it into her computer and tells me the name of the street is spelled exactly as I spelled it to her. She was unable to explain why I got a confirmation e-mail from Pampered Partner confirming the shipping address with the wrong spelling.

I finally end the pricey call, realizing I'm getting nowhere.

Sigh .... I wonder if the software automatically changed it when they realized a street with that spelling does not exist in that small town? I hope so. I would hate for Mr. Fedex to get lost ....

That is a strange one. As someone who is on the other end of those calls sometimes (and I work at a large financial co., so we're talking about people's retirement money!!), I can understand how you can get flustered easily if your computer system isn't working and synching up with the caller. That was probably her problem, and she had to manually override it. I was on the phones last week, and all of our systems were down and we had to tell everyone to call back in 2 hours. Luckily, the one guy I spoke to was nice about it, but it's definitely not the most fun job in the world. I'm glad I only have to do 14 hours of phone service a year, and not 40 a week!! Just write it off as a fluke and be glad that the order is going to the right house - phew! :)

I did feel bad for her computer problems ... I just couldn't call back because then my phone would go off while I was in a meeting!I hate calling HQ from work because I have to use my cel phone as a callback option, since you can't get to my desk any other way!

1. What is a "Strange Callback From HQ"?

A "Strange Callback From HQ" is a term used by Pampered Chef consultants to refer to a phone call they receive from the company's headquarters that may seem unexpected or unusual. It is typically a follow-up call from HQ to address a specific issue or concern.

2. Why did I receive a "Strange Callback From HQ"?

There could be a variety of reasons why you received a "Strange Callback From HQ". It could be a follow-up call to address a customer complaint, a technical issue with your consultant account, or a request for additional information.

3. Do I need to be concerned if I receive a "Strange Callback From HQ"?

No, receiving a "Strange Callback From HQ" does not necessarily mean that you have done something wrong. It is simply a way for Pampered Chef HQ to address any issues or concerns that may have arisen. However, it is important to follow up on the call and address any questions or requests they may have.

4. How should I handle a "Strange Callback From HQ"?

If you receive a "Strange Callback From HQ", it is important to remain calm and listen carefully to the reason for the call. Be open and honest in your responses and provide any requested information or follow-up actions in a timely manner. If you have any concerns or questions, don't hesitate to ask the HQ representative for clarification.

5. Can I request a "Strange Callback From HQ" if I have an issue or concern?

No, "Strange Callbacks From HQ" are typically initiated by the company and are not a service that can be requested by consultants. However, you can always reach out to Pampered Chef HQ through other means, such as email or phone, to address any issues or concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Maggievl
  • vanscootin