• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Host a Pampered Chef Swap Meet?

In summary, the host proposed hosting a Pampered Chef swap meet where customers could bring their used and new Pampered Chef items to sell or trade. Customers could also come just to find a good deal. The host was thinking of setting it up in February, but is unsure if it would be a successful sales show. If you send out invitations, you MUST call people otherwise it is a waste of your time and money.
queenjean
A host gave me this idea and I am trying to figure out if it is a good one or not. I am interested in your opinions good or bad I want them all. Here is the idea...

Host a Pampered Chef Swap Meet. You know how customers (and consultants) have PC items that we do not use. Items purchased to help out a host or purchased and then did not like etc. This show would be at a set time at the consultant's home or other general place. Customers would bring their new and used unwanted Pampered Chef items to sell or trade. Customers could also come just to find a good deal. I was thinking of setting it up in February, showing the new products in hopes of getting some bookings, selling some discontinuing products etc. Probably not a big sales show, but good for customer care.
+ Have a guest list with phone numbers so I could follow up with everyone and do a MAC call - in case I did not get to chat with everyone about a show or the opportunity.
+ Offer some sort of booking incentive - any ideas on what to offer???
+ Offer a small snack (PC recipe of course).
+ I do not want to spend a lot of money on this by sending hundreds of invites, so most would be by email (probably 200 on my email list)
+ Do I call everyone for an RSVP?

Is this too negative or do you think it is a good idea? Any other thoughts or things you would add or do?

Please help, I can't decide.. THANKS!!

well it's sounds okay? but I wouldn't do it. you won't get that many sales,party book. just me thinking ... but good luck.

I'm not sure I would do this. I would be afraid that the customers would want to talk about why they are giving this item or items up and it would tarnish the product. Maybe you can offer a "gently used" list of products on your website and figure out trades for your customers there.On another note, if you send out invitations, you MUST call people otherwise it is a waste of your time and money!

It would be a great customer care thing but I wouldn't do it. I don't want people to get something for discount when they can buy it from me. Also, I think it would be thoughts in people's mind. Perhaps in March you could hold a "get rid of your old item and upgrade to a new one." Something like, you give guests a discount when they buy the new item if they bring the old item in. Of course, what you do with all these old products is a different story....

beepampered said:
Perhaps in March you could hold a "get rid of your old item and upgrade to a new one." Something like, you give guests a discount when they buy the new item if they bring the old item in. Of course, what you do with all these old products is a different story....

I wouldn't do the swap either. It's never good to remind people of what they don't like or think they spent foolishly on. I do like the upgrade idea on this post though.

You could donate the old items to a day care or food kitchen. There's nothing wrong with them and who knows, maybe you'll get another contact through a teacher or volunteer.

Swap MeetIf you did the trade up idea you could take all the old products and auction them. Give donate them to a church or school when they have a silent auction. Or hold on to them and have a HWC fundraiser silent auction and donate the cash. Just a thought.

Tammy

1. What is a Pampered Chef Swap Meet?

A Pampered Chef Swap Meet is an event where consultants and customers can bring their gently used or new Pampered Chef products to trade with others. It's a great way to refresh your kitchen tools and try out new products without spending a lot of money.

2. How do I participate in a Pampered Chef Swap Meet?

To participate in a Pampered Chef Swap Meet, you can either attend an in-person event or join a virtual swap group on social media. If you're attending an in-person event, make sure to bring your items to trade and any necessary packaging materials. If you're joining a virtual group, follow the guidelines set by the group administrator for trading and shipping products.

3. What types of products can I swap at a Pampered Chef Swap Meet?

You can swap any gently used or new Pampered Chef products that are still in good condition. This can include kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and even food items. Make sure to check with the event organizer or group administrator for any specific guidelines or restrictions on what can be swapped.

4. Is there a cost to participate in a Pampered Chef Swap Meet?

There is usually no cost to participate in a Pampered Chef Swap Meet. However, some in-person events may charge a small fee to cover the cost of hosting the event. Virtual swap groups may also have guidelines in place for shipping costs, so make sure to read the rules carefully before participating.

5. Can I return or exchange items that I receive at a Pampered Chef Swap Meet?

No, items received at a Pampered Chef Swap Meet cannot be returned or exchanged. The purpose of the event is to trade gently used or new products, not to purchase them. Make sure to carefully inspect any items before agreeing to trade for them to ensure their quality and condition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sprout18
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies