• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Pampered Chef Myths Holding You Back from Succeeding?

well you get the picture.Use and care cards are meant to be read and followed!Myth: Use and care cards that come with our products are NOT MEANT TO BE READ BY ANYONE! Our Ice Cream Dipper is still being sold by other companies. Why? Because consultants forget to tell their customers to read those cards. It ALWAYS stated to never soak it in hot water or put it in the dishwasher. That is what made them explode. I also just read about a consultant that put her bar pan in the cleaning cycle of her oven because of that sticky residue. Well, read the card and it says specifically not to use sprays on them as that leaves...well you get the picture.
DebPC
Staff member
Let's set the record straight about PC guidelines or Pampered Chef Consultants:

#1 You don't have to be a good cook to succeed at Pampered Chef.
(I'm living proof of this!)

#2 You don't have to be active in January to get the spring change over box. (Per chat room above).

More please...

Since I'm new at this, could you please explain the "change over box"? I have not been told about this.

#3 You don't have to love EVERY product to sell them. Often your favorite tool is someone else's least favorite and they HATE your favorite!

chefani said:
Since I'm new at this, could you please explain the "change over box"? I have not been told about this.

Change over box is a set of 25 catalogs, new season product and sales info and a new season's best cookbook. It is free but they do charge us about $6.50 for shipping. We get this twice a year about 2 weeks before the new season starts. The catalogs go from Sept 1 - Feb 28/29 and March 1 - Aug 31. You have to have been active in the months before the season starts (Dec/June I believe) to get it but if you aren't active to get it, you will as soon as you submit $150 in sales.

Myth: Promoting to director automatically raises your income 2-3 times what you made as a consultant.While that is possible and true, most new directors and directors with small teams make more like half again what she made as a consultant. The pay of a director is directly proportional to the size of her team and HER OWN sales. A director gets 3% more in her own sales and 3% of her downline sales added to her commission plus $10 for each active downline person (they must submit that month for the director to get it). If the team doesn't qualify as a director team in any month the director is paid as a team leader (or SC or even C if she doesn't make all TL requirements).

Director requirements (minimums): $750 personal by the director, $5000 team (includes director sales) and 6 downline people submitting.
Director bonuses: 3% more of own + 3% of team sales + $10 for each active consultant that month.Team Leader requirements: $750 personal by the TL, $2500 team (includes TL sales) and 2 downline people submitting.
Team Leader bonuses: 2% more of own + 2% of team sales submitted that month.Senior Consultant rquirements: $150 personal by SC and $150 by at least 1 downline person.
Senior Consultant bonuses: 1% more of own and 1% of team sales submitted that month.Consultant requirements: $150 personal sales.

Last edited:
You can work a very full time job and have successful PC business! I will celebrate my 13th anniversary soon and have promoted to AD over the years. Probably as far as I will be able to go while still working full time, but have earned trips and had a great second income over the years!

Please don't take my comments about director requirements to be that I don't think it's worth it. It really is. When our team works their business we are rewarded well. We get paid extra in exchange for our time and efforts to help our team. I just wanted to point out that the income doesn't magically grow exponentially when we get the title. Directors with larger teams or really active downlines really do make a lot more than they would have without their promotion but if many on the team are hobbyists it's hard to maintain the title let alone be paid as and the big bucks allude those directors.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I cannot tell you the amount of people I meet here in RI that think that our ENTIRE catalog has a lifetime warranty. I always say, if I EVER find the consultant who spread that rumor, I will beat them. SIGH.

Myth: Use and Care cards that come with our products are NOT MEANT TO BE READ BY ANYONE!
Our Ice Cream Dipper is still being sold by other companies. Why? Because consultants forget to tell their customers to read those cards. It ALWAYS stated to never soak it in hot water or put it in the dishwasher. That is what made them explode.
I also just read about a consultant that put her bar pan in the cleaning cycle of her oven because of that sticky residue. Well, read the card and it says specifically not to use sprays on them as that leaves the residue. It is from the silicone in them. That is why we have a Kitchen Spritzer! AND CLEANING CYCLE - SERIOUSLY???? 450 max temp on the stones. Its on the card! Your guests will appreciate you telling them about the things that void warranties! If you can't for every product, MAKE DARN SURE YOU TELL THEM ABOUT THOSE USE AND CARE CARDS. Then they can not blame you when the product can not be replaced. That is why you MUST remember to tell your guests to read that Use and Care Card and we all should too. Try calling HO to replace that stone if it had broken after telling them why. AND just so you know, they can tell if it was heated higher than recommended. Ask one of my guests who tried to tell them she did not do it! They took one look at the piece she sent and knew that she had. I did not tell her to do it, another consultant did!

That we have to memorize a script for our shows and show what PC wants us to show. Oh- also that we can only do PC recipes at shows.

Customer Question - do you have to know everything about all the products?My Answer - No, but I love the products and use them a lot so I'm pretty familiar with them. When I first started, I consulted the training videos really often.And, I'm not afraid to say - 'Let me get back to you on that' if someone asks something I don't know.

Amanda_RI said:
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I cannot tell you the amount of people I meet here in RI that think that our ENTIRE catalog has a lifetime warranty. I always say, if I EVER find the consultant who spread that rumor, I will beat them. SIGH.

That's a common misconception. It all goes back to the original home party--Tupperware--where all the items had a lifetime warranty. People assume that because we also do home parties, we also have a lifetime warranty.

Biggest one I run across- all of our stuff is EXPENSIVE..I tell people the percentages of products under $20 outnumbers all other groups of prices. I also love to tell people "I appreciate my money too much (otherwise known as "poor") to buy cheap" It really does tell in the end.

That all our demos are the same. i make it a point to say"I make different recipes and all my demos are different."

1. What are some common myths about Pampered Chef products?

One common myth is that Pampered Chef products are overpriced. However, our products are made with high-quality materials and are backed by a satisfaction guarantee, making them a great value for the price.

Another myth is that Pampered Chef sells only kitchen gadgets. In reality, we offer a wide range of products including cookware, bakeware, and pantry items.

2. Is it true that Pampered Chef products are only sold through home parties?

While home parties are a popular way to purchase Pampered Chef products, we also offer online ordering and have a network of independent consultants who can assist with purchases.

3. Are Pampered Chef products safe to use in the microwave and oven?

Yes, our products are designed to withstand high temperatures and are safe to use in both the microwave and oven. However, always follow the specific instructions for each product to ensure proper use.

4. Do Pampered Chef products come with a warranty?

Yes, all of our products come with a satisfaction guarantee and some also have a limited warranty. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, we will work with you to find a solution.

5. Can I find Pampered Chef products in retail stores?

No, Pampered Chef products are exclusively sold through our network of independent consultants and online. This allows us to provide personalized customer service and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Rebecca Clive
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BethCooks4U