• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Large Rolling Case Problem

In summary, the rolling case sucks and people have to be careful with it because it's very heavy. The handle on the case can break and people have to be careful with it.
cookinmama
Gold Member
I bought the PC large rolling case from a consultant a while ago and I love it. I went to a show last weekend got in the house went to push down the handle and it wouldn't go. So I giggled it a little and it went down. When I went to leave that night it wouldn't come back up and I still can't get it up. Has anyone else had this problem and do you know if HO will do anything about it??

Biting tongueBiting tongueBiting tongue...

I Repoted Mine Asap---they Sent Me A New One---but It Was A While Ago---- It Was Earned----
Same Thing Happened----

KG- do we have to send you to the corner until you can behave yourself?cookinmama- is the rolling cart less than a year old? They only have a 1 year warranty. If it's in the warranty period, call the Solution Center and ask about an exchange. Be careful, though - it will cost a pretty penny to send that thing back.

The rolling case sucks. I had mine replaced once. I barely use it now. Usually just when I do craft fairs so I can have something on wheels.

chefann said:
KG- do we have to send you to the corner until you can behave yourself?
I said nothing. If you read something into my post, then you're the one who should be sent to the corner.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I said nothing. If you read something into my post, then you're the one who should be sent to the corner.

Behave you two or you're both going into the corner and that could not possibly lead to anything good. LOL... :p

DebbieJ said:
The rolling case sucks. I had mine replaced once. I barely use it now. Usually just when I do craft fairs so I can have something on wheels.

This is good to know... I'd been thinking of getting one but wasn't sure of the quality. It sure would be nice to have something with wheels though. I've got two bags I split my stuff into so they're not too much to carry each separately but thinking the rolling bag concept would be a blessed relief for my shoulders and back (and my hosts' husbands who wonder how the heck I carry it cuz they find it heavy though they won't admit it but you can tell when they go to pick it up... *giggle*)

I love mine and I have been using it since we earned them (at least a year and a half ago) My handle did break also. It still works, I just can't bring it all the way up. I have heard that you can get a heavy duty handle put on at a lugage repair place, but cheap, but fixes the problem for good

DebbieJ said:

I have 2 - the older style, and the newer one I earned. I don't like either one of them. Where I live, there is often mud, dirt, snow, rain, or a mixture of all of these.......I found myself carrying it most of the time, so I could actually bring it into the host's home without making a mess of her floor (or the back of my SUV!). It was very heavy, and more trouble than it was worth.

Mine broke too, within the one year, and they told me tough luck. I was told it was a 30 day guarantee. Mine did exactly what you described too... I still use it though, just not the way it was intended.

I love mine. I also earned mine. I have never had a problem with it. Even after it stayed outside for about 10 days because UPS left it in the back of hubby's pickup (meanwhile, rain!) It almost got thrown out with the trash because noone new it was back there. No damage done whatsoever, though.

I earned one and LOVE it!! I have had it replaced once and just recently broke the handle. Completely user error though. I had just got done telling my 9 year old not to try to lift it by the pull handle and what did I do...? Yup, used the pull handle to lift it over the door frame into the house. The handle snapped right off. It was loaded, too! I had just come home from a vendor event!

I just bought a new one (to replace the one I broke) and a Consultant tote as well. I want to have options. I am trying to scale back on how much I bring. I am going to see if I can limit myself to just the consultant tote for shows and the rolling case for events. I do several events a year, so it is a good investment for me.

Hmmm, I'm noticing that all those who love theirs are in areas of the country where they don't have to deal with winter weather much.....if at all.......

Just an observation!

Yes, I was thinking about that after I posted. If you don't have to worry about slush, snow and mud this is a wonderful product for shows. If you do have those concerns you should find another means to tote products.

Thanks for the info. I will call home office. If they make me send it back I think I will just use my scrapbooking tote.

I have one and I love mine until I either have to try and walk up flights of stairs to get into someone's house or if they do not have a paved driveway or it's snowing or slush outside. LOL

ChefBeckyD said:
I have 2 - the older style, and the newer one I earned. I don't like either one of them. Where I live, there is often mud, dirt, snow, rain, or a mixture of all of these.......I found myself carrying it most of the time, so I could actually bring it into the host's home without making a mess of her floor (or the back of my SUV!). It was very heavy, and more trouble than it was worth.

That's what I was thinking about. I was contemplating getting one but wondered how much I would actually be rolling it! I need something else though. My tote just isn't big enough for everything so I usually use one of my suitcases. Maybe I'll just get another consultant tote. It's cheaper!

I thought the insert said it has a one year warranty?

I just picked up an amazing wheeled tote at Costco for 25 bucks. It has a canvas cover with tons of pockets and pouches and it's collapsible. It's called the "Ultimate Cart" by Cuttingedge products, found it in the Office supply section.
Valerie

cookinmama said:
I bought the PC large rolling case from a consultant a while ago and I love it. I went to a show last weekend got in the house went to push down the handle and it wouldn't go. So I giggled it a little and it went down. When I went to leave that night it wouldn't come back up and I still can't get it up. Has anyone else had this problem and do you know if HO will do anything about it??

I won mine back in 2005, just last night, I was on the phone with HO. SAME exact thing happened to me....no luck.....:cry:

Thanks for all the help. I decided to just use my scrapbooking tote and store things in the the PC broken one. It is sad that this has happened to so many people, these totes are not cheap. Hopefully they will fix the problem or stop selling them.

1. What is the Pampered Chef Large Rolling Case Problem?

The Pampered Chef Large Rolling Case Problem refers to an issue with the wheels on the Large Rolling Case, which is a popular product from Pampered Chef. The wheels may break or malfunction, causing difficulties with transporting the case.

2. How can I tell if my Pampered Chef Large Rolling Case is affected by this problem?

If you have a Pampered Chef Large Rolling Case, you can check for this issue by examining the wheels. If they appear to be loose, wobbly, or not rolling smoothly, your case may be affected by the problem.

3. What should I do if my Pampered Chef Large Rolling Case is affected by this problem?

If you believe your Large Rolling Case is experiencing this problem, you should contact Pampered Chef's customer service team. They will provide you with instructions on how to return the case for a replacement or refund.

4. Can I still use my Pampered Chef Large Rolling Case if it has this problem?

No, it is not recommended to continue using the Large Rolling Case if it is affected by this issue. The malfunctioning wheels can make it difficult to transport the case safely and may cause damage to the contents inside.

5. Is there a warranty for the Pampered Chef Large Rolling Case?

Yes, the Large Rolling Case comes with a one-year warranty against defects. If your case experiences this problem within one year of purchase, you can receive a replacement or refund from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies