• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Is Not in Trouble

In summary, the rumors that have been circulating on the Chatbox are not true. PC is doing well and there is no need to worry.
susanr613
Gold Member
Hi -

I received a PM the other day advising me that someone telling some pretty scary stories on the Chatbox - specifically in reference to the new Career Plan, Mexican expansion, and that PC is going down the tubes. I copied what my Cheffer friend related to me and sent it to my friend in HO. One of the sales managers just called me and assured me that these rumors are crazy and completely not true. In fact, she asked me to assure my PC friends of this, so I am passing the word on Chef Success. :thumbup:

So, if you hear any rumors, just ignore them, work your business, and remember you're the only one who can fire you from PC :D

I just got the same phone call, as I also passed along the information to HO.

Rumors are just that - rumors. Until we hear from HO itself, take everything with a grain of salt.

I am sure it's just someone trying to make trouble, but I did want HO to know these specific rumors are floating around. I'm glad you passed it on to HO too Diane.

susanr613 said:
Hi -

I received a PM the other day advising me that someone telling some pretty scary stories on the Chatbox - specifically in reference to the new Career Plan, Mexican expansion, and that PC is going down the tubes. I copied what my Cheffer friend related to me and sent it to my friend in HO. One of the sales managers just called me and assured me that these rumors are crazy and completely not true. In fact, she asked me to assure my PC friends of this, so I am passing the word on Chef Success. :thumbup:

So, if you hear any rumors, just ignore them, work your business, and remember you're the only one who can fire you from PC :D

Would it be any surprise, though? The economy is in the worst condition it's been in since the Great Depression. Pampered Chef is just as vulnerable as any other business out there.... But, I really do hope Pampered Chef is able to weather the storm!!!! (My stainless pots and pans are counting on a lifetime warranty, after all.:))

I've wanted the to get into Mexico for years. I had a group of people here temporary and going back to Mexico. Wanted to sign but only would if we moved into mexico.

My business has been the busiest ever so I'm not worried. Great products that are useful, not just pretty. Quality matters in our products and really don't in some others.

The spark of this rumor is that Berkshire-Hathaway reported a drop in stock prices. So who hasn't recently? Warren Buffet is just as vulnerable as Brian Gates - MicroSoft stock too is dropping. But no one thus far is closing up shop. We are only one minute part of the BH umbrella so... Sue is right, just work your business and unless you own BH stock, don't worry about it.

pampered1224 said:
The spark of this rumor is that Berkshire-Hathaway reported a drop in stock prices. So who hasn't recently? Warren Buffet is just as vulnerable as Brian Gates - MicroSoft stock too is dropping. But no one thus far is closing up shop. We are only one minute part of the BH umbrella so... Sue is right, just work your business and unless you own BH stock, don't worry about it.
Do you mean Bill?

There are two chances of Berkshire-Hathaway going into the flusher, and Slim is on a diet.

This is not specifically PC... the same thing is happening everywhere. Lots of fear in the open market. Lots of rumors and speculation. Not enough common sense, imo (comment NOT directed at anyone in particular). My company's stock price is valued at 1/10 of what it was a couple years ago. Yet, our bottom line is strong. Publicly traded companies are forced to make valuations based on unrealized gains/losses for reporting purposes, and let's face it, there are very few companies right now that would show an unrealized gain. So we look like we're doing crappy but it's really not true because we don't intend to realize those losses - they are investments are meant to be held to maturity when the appreciated value will be realized.

I don't scrutinize Berkshire Hathaway but I am guessing they are probably in a similar situation. Any company who has to declare a "value" right now based on their long term investments is not going to look very good. Has very little to do with the strength of the company unless the company is so far in the hole that they do need to sell off their investments to pay the bills.

In any case, I am tired of fear and speculation driving the markets and ruining my retirement account and everything else! (I work in financial services - it's getting OLD!) Okay, rant over :)

Honestly I really think it as a digruntled employee who was probably fired for doing a crappy job. I know I wasnt worried at all.

Someone just trying to stir trouble...

She went to several websites and posted all that garbage. Someone posted she had gone to WAHM even. Their administrators, like Greg, deleted the whole mess and banned her! She was using CoCo here but most of us concluded she was really COOCOO! LOL!

Berkshire Hathaway is certainly not in trouble... still trading at $65,000+ per share (class A), yes that is in the thousands. http://online.barrons.com/article/SB123603240544613883.html?mod=googlenews_barrons I remember when I first joined Pampered Chef I looked in to the stock to see if I could invest... not really an investment that I can afford any time soon. But clearly we have no worries either...

Wow - how did I miss all of this drama?

The thread must not have been up for very long, because I never even saw it...although I've been off more than on lately....

Anyway, I know how well my business is doing, so I'm not really worried.

I missed the drama too.....but after all the leadership announcements I said the same thing...PC is not in trouble!

Just FYI. Warren Buffet will be on CNBC's Squawk Box for three hours Monday morning. I'm not an investment geek, but I love this show...even though I may not understand all the economics and market talk, I like listening to those who do.

pclinskie said:
I've wanted the to get into Mexico for years. I had a group of people here temporary and going back to Mexico. Wanted to sign but only would if we moved into mexico.

I can understand PC not wanting to move into Mexico. We live near the border and our church goes down into Mexico a lot for projects, etc. And conditions there have gotten dangerous enough that the last trip they had to stay at the border and not actually go into Reynosa.

Mexico is run by the drug cartels--the normal way of doing business is bribes, etc. and things don't necessarily get where they are going. Esp if they are nice.

What is the current financial status of Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is not in trouble and is actually experiencing growth and success. Our sales have been consistently increasing over the past few years and we have a strong financial foundation.

Are there any major changes or restructuring happening at Pampered Chef?

No, there are no major changes or restructuring happening at Pampered Chef. We are always looking for ways to improve and evolve as a company, but there are no significant changes in our structure or operations.

Is Pampered Chef in danger of going out of business?

No, Pampered Chef is not in danger of going out of business. We have a dedicated team and a loyal customer base that continues to support us. We are also constantly adapting to the changing market and consumer preferences to ensure our long-term success.

Are there any issues with the quality of Pampered Chef products?

No, we take great pride in the quality of our products and have strict quality control measures in place. Our products are made with high-quality materials and are designed to last. We also offer a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products.

Is there any truth to the rumors about Pampered Chef's financial troubles?

No, the rumors about Pampered Chef's financial troubles are false. We are a financially stable and successful company with a strong track record. We are committed to providing our customers with high-quality products and exceptional service for many years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kara Eaton
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Jeesjohn