• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Fulltime? I Need Advice

In summary, if you are considering taking on PC "full time", you should:figure out an average of $500 per month,pay your car payment, your addiction to other direct sales vendors, and other things from your PC paycheck,schedule 2 shows a week and share the opportunity,have a couple of giveaways going.
MeesMom3
I am seriously considering taking on PC "full time", but I'm terrified to rely on my PC income. For instance right now, PC income is just extra $ for us, so whether or not I make $100 or $1000 a month, it doesn't matter. But we are needing to purchase another 2nd vehicle for my husband. This would require us to make 2 car payments each month where as now, we only have 1 car payment. I would LOVE to pay the car payment each month with PC money, but I'm scared to death that something will happen and my business will be slow for a couple of months or something like that and we'll be stuck with this other payment. I hear quite often how some consultants use PC income to make car payments, house payments, daycare, etc..., but I'm scared to death! I'd like some advice from those who do PC fulltime. How has it worked out for you?

Figure a show average of $500 per month. That's at least $100 commission per show. Say your new car payment is $400 so that means you need to do at least 4 shows per month (1 per week) - full time enough for you?

Now of course some shows will be less and some will be more. Some months you will have 8 shows and some less or more. In the months that you make extra squirrel it away so that if or when you have a slower month you have a cushion.

Try to schedule 2 shows a week and share the opportunity! I pay my car payment, my addiction to other direct sales vendors, every trip we take, 2 computers, and other things from my PC paycheck. You can do this if you are consistant in your business.

BethCooks4U said:
Figure a show average of $500 per month. That's at least $100 commission per show. Say your new car payment is $400 so that means you need to do at least 4 shows per month (1 per week) - full time enough for you?

Now of course some shows will be less and some will be more. Some months you will have 8 shows and some less or more. In the months that you make extra squirrel it away so that if or when you have a slower month you have a cushion.

Try to schedule 2 shows a week and share the opportunity! I pay my car payment, my addiction to other direct sales vendors, every trip we take, 2 computers, and other things from my PC paycheck. You can do this if you are consistant in your business.

Beth,

You are where I want to be! My biggest problem is show averages. They don't stay consistent. For instance, I had the exact same amount of shows in February and March and the show averages differed by almost $200! Lately, most of my hostesses are only interested in reaching $150 to get the hostess special and whatever they get after is just extra. I've tried various things to get the show sales up. My April sales were up, mainly because I offered to pay for their hostess special if they reached a $500.00 show. I had 3 that did this which was great, but I can't always afford to do this. For instance in June I WON"T be able to purchase the steak knife set if anyone chooses it. I want to get my averages up with little or no out of pocket expense. Sounds cheap, I know, but that's my goal.

That's not cheap. That's a legitimate goal.

For me, getting the host excited about her (or his) wish list helps. I talk a lot about that during my host coaching.

raebates said:
That's not cheap. That's a legitimate goal.

For me, getting the host excited about her (or his) wish list helps. I talk a lot about that during my host coaching.

I would love to get them excited about his/her wish list, but half the time, they don't even bother to make one out! Maybe I'm my host coaching skills are lacking.

Stephanie~

You aren't being cheap by wanting to keep your commission and not spend it all on your hosts!!! You are being an intellegent business woman!

How is your attendance at shows? Before I started mailing out invites, my show average was about $400. Once I did the invites myself (I am doing FULL size invites...not postcards which can get lost most of the time!) my attendance went way up and my average is about $600-$700. Especially with postage going up, I have changed on thing: I will pay for postage IF they give me 40+ names. Otherwise, they reimburse me. Again, that should save me $$ and continue to up my attendance.

My only other piece of advice (that I need to take myself! LOL) is to treat your business like a JOB. Not meaning work 40+ hours a week, but meaning SCHEDULE time to work and stick to it! It's very easy for us to slack off and think our businesses can run themselves. Too bad, nothing works that way. And yes, I am talking to myself, too!!!

Here's to consistant schedules!!

Kelly,

I'm going to take your advice and try mailing out the invites on a 2 month trial bases. Hopefully this will work for me. My last show had only 3 attendants! Uugh!

KellyTheChef said:
How is your attendance at shows? Before I started mailing out invites, my show average was about $400. Once I did the invites myself (I am doing FULL size invites...not postcards which can get lost most of the time!) my attendance went way up and my average is about $600-$700. Especially with postage going up, I have changed on thing: I will pay for postage IF they give me 40+ names. Otherwise, they reimburse me. Again, that should save me $$ and continue to up my attendance.

Can you post a sample invite... I'd love to see what you use and what you mean by "full size". But, I LOVE the idea of paying for postage if they invite 40+ people. I try to keep as much of my commissions for my checkbook, too, but that is such a small amout if you really consider the return in sales, bookings, recruit leads, etc. I'm gonna have to start that... hopefully, it will get attendance up!

MeesMom3 said:
....My April sales were up, mainly because I offered to pay for their hostess special if they reached a $500.00 show. I had 3 that did this which was great, but I can't always afford to do this. For instance in June I WON"T be able to purchase the steak knife set if anyone chooses it. I want to get my averages up with little or no out of pocket expense. Sounds cheap, I know, but that's my goal.

I was listening to a previously recorded teleclass yesterday and the Director (sorry, I can't tell you which one I was listening to or WHO the Director was - I've listened to too many!) was saying that we actually cheapen the host program when we add to it. She really cautioned about setting that precident.

Are you having shows in the same circles of people? What I mean by that is, are you seeing the same people, show after show after show? Could you really need to branch out into different groups?

I second that!
katie0128 said:
Can you post a sample invite... I'd love to see what you use and what you mean by "full size". But, I LOVE the idea of paying for postage if they invite 40+ people. I try to keep as much of my commissions for my checkbook, too, but that is such a small amout if you really consider the return in sales, bookings, recruit leads, etc. I'm gonna have to start that... hopefully, it will get attendance up!

I'd love to see an example of one of your invites too! I started out from the very beginning mailing out my hosts' invites so I really couldn't tell if it was benefitting me or not. But I've heard too many of you on here say how much it helped your sales. I hit the 15K mark in my 3rd month so I guess I can say that it definitely helps!

nickywsn said:
I'd love to see an example of one of your invites too! I started out from the very beginning mailing out my hosts' invites so I really couldn't tell if it was benefitting me or not. But I've heard too many of you on here say how much it helped your sales. I hit the 15K mark in my 3rd month so I guess I can say that it definitely helps!

:eek: (not the best smiley choice, but there is not a good "happy-surprised" one to choose from)
Anyway... $15K after 3 months!!! You are definitely doing something right! Keep it up! Way to go!

Was the invited posted? It's getting late and I can't locate it..

Meant 'invite' not invited

Kellyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Where Are You?
katie0128 said:

Are you gonna help us or just keep your great ideas for yourself????????:eek: :eek: :eek:

katie0128 said:
Are you gonna help us or just keep your great ideas for yourself????????:eek: :eek: :eek:
Sorry! I never checked in here yesterday, and somehow I never saw the posts from a few days ago about the invites!

Here you go! Some I got from my Director, some from here. THEME shows are the way to go! Don't be afraid of them like I was (thought I needed to give them 3 choices of recipes for EACH theme and was overwhelmed. Now I say: Oh! You want a Margaritaville/Mexican theme? We will do a super Taco Ring and you can make whatever type of margaritas you would like!)

Anyhow, I know that's not really the subject of your request! (But then again, do we EVER stay on topic?!?!:p )

Attachments

• Brunch Invite.doc
    130 KB · Views: 436
  • Chocoholic Chocolate Chocolate Invite.doc
    41.5 KB · Views: 328
  • Desserts Invitation.doc
    57 KB · Views: 285
  • Full Page show invitation Erin Wirtz.doc
    32.5 KB · Views: 465
  • HWC invite.doc
    26 KB · Views: 297
Here are some more...

Attachments

• Taste of the Tropics invite.DOC
    182 KB · Views: 312
  • Soup and Slippers.doc
    83 KB · Views: 404
  • Pizza Party Invite.doc
    20 KB · Views: 315
  • Pajama Party Invitation.doc
    21 KB · Views: 295
  • Mexican Fiesta Invite.doc
    83 KB · Views: 334
And one more...

Attachments

• Tortatini Invite.doc
    124 KB · Views: 273
Thanks Kelly

How do you mail them? Do you fold them into 3, stalple invite then mail it??? Or do you put them in an envelope??

1. What are the benefits of working full-time for Pampered Chef?

As a full-time employee at Pampered Chef, you are eligible for a variety of benefits including health insurance, retirement plans, paid time off, and employee discounts on Pampered Chef products.

2. What is the typical work schedule for a full-time employee at Pampered Chef?

The typical work schedule for a full-time employee at Pampered Chef is Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm. However, there may be some flexibility in scheduling depending on the department and job responsibilities.

3. Are there opportunities for career growth and advancement as a full-time employee at Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef values promoting from within and offers various opportunities for career growth and advancement. The company also provides ongoing training and development programs to help employees reach their career goals.

4. What is the company culture like at Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef has a positive and inclusive company culture that values teamwork, innovation, and work-life balance. The company also promotes a healthy lifestyle and encourages employees to prioritize their well-being.

5. What qualities and skills are important for success in a full-time role at Pampered Chef?

Some important qualities and skills for success at Pampered Chef include strong communication and problem-solving skills, a positive attitude, attention to detail, and a passion for cooking and the Pampered Chef brand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DawnCJWaller
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Suzyengl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Suzyengl
  • JennLizFran