• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Booking Calendar for Open Days and Flexible Bookings

S
sarahmarie
My director showed me her calendar. She uses the one from pampered chef and for example on September she has bring pink sticky notes on about 14 days. Those are her "open days." She doesnt offer shows on Sundays or wednesdays (chruch) or the last week of the month (to make sure she can close all shows). She offers 1 saturday a month. when booking a show she opens her calendar and says "this is what i have open. what works for you." if someone books a show on septmeber 12th she writes that on a sticky note. if this host wants to move it to the 19th (health, travel, etc reasons) she just picks up the sticky note and moves it to the 19th. I thought this was an awesome idea. I might be stupid and everyone might already know this but i am GOING to do it with my calendar.

Hope this helps someone!

This is a great idea Sarah. I was using this when I used to take my calendar to shows. For those of you that do take your calendar to shows it helps to keep your calendar free of stray marks and confusing notations (espcecially with a reschedule or cancellation). Susie host from August might need to move to November, so take her sticky tab and move it to October (at the top) to remind you to call her back and reschedule.

Thanks for bringing up this valuable tip, Sarah.

i also like it because when you are sitting down with someone to book you show them your available days. You say "this is what i have open, what works for you." this way no one can push you into a day that you dont want to work. It also shows potential recruits that you have a life outside of PC.

sarahmarie said:
i also like it because when you are sitting down with someone to book you show them your available days. You say "this is what i have open, what works for you." this way no one can push you into a day that you dont want to work. It also shows potential recruits that you have a life outside of PC.

Sarah,
This is a valuable lesson - and it's good you are starting out doing it this way - when I first was booking, I just took whatever date they gave me (no Sundays tho') and it was hectic.....and also I would sometimes have shows 3-4 days in a row and then nothing for 2 weeks......Control your business - that's the beauty of owning your own business!
I use the post-it note method now - and love it! I sit down with the new calander, and mark all my dates for the next year (of course they change)!

I just highlight the days I don't want to workOn my calendar. That way it's easy for everyone to look at (me and a potential host) on what is going to work and what won't work. I put everything on it. If I have a hair appointment, soccer practice for my son, my girls night out, my husband's shooting days, etc. It makes you look like you are busy (even if it's not PC stuff), and people tend to want to book in right away. I too say, this is what I have available, which works best for you. Having a full time job alongside PC and a 4 year old, you have to handle your schedule otherwise it's out of control.

I use a highlighter on the days I will work.

Just a tip. When you start filling a new month, mark only the first part of that month. You can add highlights (post-its) to dates later in the month when you have the first couple of weeks looking the way you want. No one needs to know why you don't have the 2nd-half highlighted. For all they know (or need to know) you are only working the first two weeks of that month.

I like the idea of only opening up the first two weeks at first. I always seem to fill up the end of my month & the beginning ends up pretty bare.

I love the post-it idea! Thanks Sarah!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I like the idea of only opening up the first two weeks at first. I always seem to fill up the end of my month & the beginning ends up pretty bare.

I love this idea, too! I'm having the same issue - 1 show in the first 2 weeks of this month, 6 shows in the last 2 weeks of the month. July was similar and September is shaping up that way, too. I really want a more balanced schedule - for my own sanity and my family's too!

Why do people book later in the month?? Are the recipes better after the 15th, LOL!!?

These are so creative... I have the same issues..... thanks!!

Finally !!!
gilliandanielle said:
Why do people book later in the month?? Are the recipes better after the 15th, LOL!!?

YOU found it!!

The truth ....

FOOD IS BETTER IN THE LAST 1/2 OF THE MONTH!!! LOL!!:D :D :D

I showed it off at my cluster meeting Tuesday night - everyone loved it! I was always searching for a pencil...especially one with an eraser. Quick tip - make sure to use the Super Sticky Post-it Notes - the real brand, not knock off's. It makes a huge difference having things stick where they are supposed to and STAY! Also, make sure to have another calendar - like through Outlook - to keep a master list.

Related to Pampered Chef Booking Calendar for Open Days and Flexible Bookings

1. What is the Pampered Chef Booking Calendar for Open Days and Flexible Bookings?

The Pampered Chef Booking Calendar for Open Days and Flexible Bookings is a tool used by Pampered Chef directors to manage their open days and available dates for hosting shows. It allows them to easily schedule and rearrange shows based on their availability and preferences.

2. How does the Pampered Chef Booking Calendar work?

The Pampered Chef Booking Calendar works by using sticky notes to represent open days on the calendar. The director can easily move these sticky notes around to accommodate changes in scheduling. It also allows for certain days to be blocked off, such as Sundays and Wednesdays for religious reasons, and the last week of the month for closing shows.

3. Why does the director use pink sticky notes on the calendar?

The director uses pink sticky notes to represent open days on the calendar because it is an easily distinguishable color and helps to keep track of available dates.

4. How does the director use the calendar to book shows?

The director opens up the calendar and shows the potential host the available dates on the pink sticky notes. The host then chooses a date that works for them and the director writes it on the sticky note. If the host needs to change the date, the director can easily move the sticky note to a different date.

5. Can anyone use the Pampered Chef Booking Calendar or is it only for directors?

The Pampered Chef Booking Calendar is specifically designed for Pampered Chef directors to manage their show schedules. However, anyone can use a similar method with their own calendar to keep track of open days and bookings for any type of event or business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
  • christinaspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies