1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Pampered Chef Beer Bread Recipe

1. DebPC

DebPC Legacy Member Staff Member

Here's one I heard about but have not tried, yet.
    12 ounces V-8 instead of beer, 1 crushed clove of
    garlic, 2 tsp. or 1 tbsp. Itialian Seasoning mix.
    6 to 8 ounces mozzarella cheese cut into very small
    cubes. Don't grate it as you want the chunks.
    Mix all ingredients together and bake according to box instructions. Cool before serving. You can reheat before serving, but you must let it cool after baking to set cheese into bread.
    John W.

Apr 14, 2004
  2. pcnewbie72

pcnewbie72 Novice Member

I know this has been on here for quiet a while but has anyone done this
    beer bread? Sounds interesting?! Please let me know if anyone has tried it.

Jan 11, 2006
  3. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Beer Bread Recipe Thought

Hmmm? V8...Beer...V8...Beer

I think I'll stick with the Beer ;) . I know it cooks out and all, but just the smell of V8 makes my stomach flipflop. I have made it with sprite & garlic. I didn't put enough garlic though. It still tasted good, just not "garlicy" enough.

Jan 11, 2006
  4. Shawnna

Shawnna Senior Member Gold Member

for personal reasons I won't buy beer and I won't have it in my house. However, i have made the beer bread using carbonated strawberry water. It was very good, but more like a dessert than a bread. The beer gives the bread that yeasty taste that people like. All of the alcohol cooks out. I have heard of people using coke instead of the beer.

Jan 12, 2006
  5. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

There is a thread on hear saying that the alchol does not cook all the way out like everyone thinks it does i have never tried it

Jan 12, 2006
  6. Marg

Marg Advanced Member

At every show that I have done beer bread and dips at, I have sold at least 6 boxes of beer bread and at least 4 loaf stones. Everyone LOVES it!

Jan 12, 2006
  7. chefmary

chefmary Member Gold Member

I love the beer bread and sell quite a bit of it at my shows...it goes great with the All Purpose Dill Dip! The recipe variation on the box with salsa and cheddar cheese is also quite good and a great alternative if you don't want to use beer.

Mary

Jan 12, 2006
  8. I just made my first loaf of beer bread last night. It was FABULOUS! Just spread some strawberry jam on it and it's like a dessert.

For those of you who have served it at shows, do you make it ahead of time and just pass it around, or do you actually do a cooking demo during the show? I'm only asking because it does take quite awhile to bake so I wasn't sure. I plan to have samples at my next show.

9. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

Do it in the mini-loaf pan instead of the loaf pan. When I make the bread at home I find that it lasts longer if there are small loaves instead of the one large one.

You could also divide the bread mix in two and put half with 6 oz. beer and half with 6 oz. V-8 or soda or whatever you want. Then you'd get two different flavors and choices for the guests to try with just one recipe!

Feb 2, 2006
Have something to add?