• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is anyone else experiencing CC numbers disappearing from guest orders?

P
priscilla
Some of the CC numbers for guests are being "eaten"/deleted by the program. The first time I thought I had deleted a number accidentally, now I know it wasn't me for the other two numbers that disappeared. Happening to anyone else? It seems to be on shows that I opened to make changes to after this last round of updates.

Robin

It is called "masking" and it is for security purposes. Once you key in the number, the software checks to see if it is a valid credit card number. If it is, then the "masking" occurs, where all of the numbers are changed to asterisks "*" except for the last 4 digits. This is to protect our customers from people hacking into our computers and stealing their credit card information.On the down side, I used to be able to tell people "yes, I have your credit card information on file if you'd like me to use the credit card you used for your last order". Now I need them to give me their credit card number again. A little bit of a hassle, but after I explain that their CC# is masked in my software for security reasons, they are happy to hear it!HTH!

It is deleting them entirely. The expiration dates and correct name are there, but the numbers are gone. Big blank spot where before there were asterisks and the last four.I am bummed I cannot tell customers I have their number on file. I am chagrined that I have to call customers and tell them my program deleted their numbers.It isn't even everyone's numbers, just some customers.Robin

The tech folks at Leadership said that there was a piece of legislation that went into effect recently that requires more stringent security regarding credit card info. That's why the masking was implemented.

OK- we were typing at the same time. That sounds like a glitch. Have you called tech support about it?

Hey does anyone think we should keep the customers ( the really loyal and frequent ones) CC number on a personal file or just keep it the way it is?? I was thinking of it since I have a few that really do email or call and leave messages that they need this and that and have it direct shipped - any suggestions?

I think that I will have a coded file for customers that order via email a lot and just say use my card. I don't have a ton so a code would be easy. I will just make sure that they are aware that I'm doing this. I used to just type the number in and be done with it, but now I feel I have to write it down. It's too easy to delete it! Accidentally changing the payment method vs adding a payment or whatever.

chefann said:
OK- we were typing at the same time. That sounds like a glitch. Have you called tech support about it?

Yep. He hadn't heard of it happening before, but is forwarded my log info on to someone to look it over.

Robin

same here...I have had the SAME problem with it, too (the CC #s are COMPLETELY gone after I have entered them in). I phoned Tech Supp and they said 'that is not possible, ma'am.'

LOL...I shouldn't have read (or responded to) this thread - now I am mad all over again :) :)

I had this happen to me once, but I'm not sure exactly what I was doing at the time. All of a sudden a customers cc info was gone. So weird. I thought I had done something wrong, and it is still possible that it was me. Thankfully, it was someone I knew pretty well, and she was fine with it. I have decided that I have to have cc info written on the receipt. I tell the customer I will shred the receipt as soon as the show goes through.

On my last show - two of my credit card numbers disappeared completely - luckily I had them written down - but I'm not sure why it's happening either.

I've had that happen a couple of times too. Seems it happens when I enter the number incorrectly.

This has happened to me too! I thought I was doing something wrong - so I am glad to know it's happening to others as well!

I have had to call a couple guests and apologize - saying that I had thought for sure I had entered their #, but for some reason it was missing....now I have been writing down all #'s as a precaution.

pamperedlinda said:
I've had that happen a couple of times too. Seems it happens when I enter the number incorrectly.

Oh, now I understand. And I've had this happen when I've entered the number wrong, too, but not if it popped up "masked". Hmmm?

I'm pretty sure they weren't entered incorrectly when it happened to me - they appeared fine, with the astericks, and the last 4 digits - they only disappeared when I closed the program, and then reopened it. One show it was several cards - but fortunately, I had started writing down the #'s at this point, and so I was able to reenter the #'s w/o having to call all of the guests!

Hmm, that is definitely a glitch! I hope you're all calling HO about it so they can resolve it across the board! (How rude that the one person told one of you "that's not possible, ma'am" - Hello!)

PLEASE CALL TECH SUPPORT! The person I spoke with today had not heard of this issue, so please let them know there is a group out there. Thanks,RobinPS- The numbers had been entered correctly, they masked fine. When I opened up the show to add the host order, a week or so after the last time I opened it, a couple of the numbers were missing. Again, please call tech support.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I don't have any CC numbers this week but I will watch for it. I have a few customers who e-mail me on occassion too that tell me to use their CC that they had given me before. I try to keep a list (for frequent customers) to verify if expiration dates are an issue. Most are happy to know that the computer doesn't have it open for anyone to just take it. On orders that I get CC or debit card numbers I keep the sheet until the show has been shipped and then I shred the sheet with the written order. I usually give PP receipts to my hosts and they are masked.

cathyskitchen said:
(How rude that the one person told one of you "that's not possible, ma'am" - Hello!)

I got this line from them a few weeks ago when my shows were showing no FPV. He wanted to walk me through where to find FPV. I told him after 2 years I think I had that one down pat and did not need any directions of where it was! HA!:D

I've had it happen quite often too, and when I called tech support I got the same thing "not possible". It's so frustrating when they tell you that! I do the same thing of making sure I have it written down

I wonder if this is linked at all to the consultants who's cc or dc numbers are being deleted from their sample/supply orders. I've heard a few of those lately too. Sounds related to me.:confused:

glitchDoesn't the prog. tell you it is an 'invalid CC #' if you have entered in the CC # wrong? (that is what mine did last time I screwed up).

I had to phone a customer back (who originally paid by CC) and ask for her $200 order in cash or cheque - good thing she was able to come up with it - not everyone HAS that extra cash to spend in a month -- that is what is so great about offering CC payment. :(

The way I found out that it was a screw up, was my account was $XXX short - so I had to go through and figure out where the mix up was! (Usually I just keep ALL the money - cash and cheques - together, so I don't have to go through and figure EVERYTHING out). Talk about being stressed out for a bit! - I couldn't figure out where ALL my money went - I thought I went too crazy on PC orders for myself!!!!! (which is usually the case! - ha ha)

priscilla said:
It is deleting them entirely. The expiration dates and correct name are there, but the numbers are gone. Big blank spot where before there were asterisks and the last four.

I am bummed I cannot tell customers I have their number on file. I am chagrined that I have to call customers and tell them my program deleted their numbers.

It isn't even everyone's numbers, just some customers.

Robin

I had this happen to me 2 weeks ago and thought i had just mistyped the card #. The name and exp were still there as well.

stefani2 said:
Doesn't the prog. tell you it is an 'invalid CC #' if you have entered in the CC # wrong? (that is what mine did last time I screwed up).

I had to phone a customer back (who originally paid by CC) and ask for her $200 order in cash or cheque - good thing she was able to come up with it - not everyone HAS that extra cash to spend in a month -- that is what is so great about offering CC payment. :(

The way I found out that it was a screw up, was my account was $XXX short - so I had to go through and figure out where the mix up was! (Usually I just keep ALL the money - cash and cheques - together, so I don't have to go through and figure EVERYTHING out). Talk about being stressed out for a bit! - I couldn't figure out where ALL my money went - I thought I went too crazy on PC orders for myself!!!!! (which is usually the case! - ha ha)

Just FYI....You can call HO and they will run the CC for you even if the show has already been posted. This way they will credit your debit card for the difference!:)

1. What could be causing the CC numbers to disappear from guest orders?

There could be several potential causes for this issue. It could be a glitch or bug in the program, an error in the coding, or a problem with the server or internet connection. It is also possible that there was a mistake in the data entry process, or that the numbers were accidentally deleted by the user.

2. Is this a common issue that other users are experiencing?

Without further data and reports, it is difficult to determine if this is a widespread issue. However, it is possible that other users may have encountered similar problems. It may be helpful to reach out to others who use the same program or to check online forums for any discussions about this issue.

3. Can updates or recent changes to the program be causing the CC numbers to disappear?

It is possible that updates or changes to the program could be responsible for this issue. Changes to the coding or updates to the system could potentially introduce bugs or glitches that affect the input or storage of data. It may be helpful to report this issue to the program developers or to check for any known bugs or issues with the latest updates.

4. How can I prevent the CC numbers from disappearing in the future?

There are a few steps that can be taken to try and prevent this issue from occurring in the future. First, it may be helpful to double check all data entries and ensure that the numbers are being input correctly. Additionally, it may be beneficial to save the data frequently and make backups of important information. Lastly, regularly checking for updates and making sure the program is functioning properly can also help prevent similar issues from happening.

5. What should I do if the CC numbers continue to disappear?

If the issue persists, it may be necessary to contact technical support for the program or the company that provides it. They may be able to provide further assistance and troubleshoot the issue. It may also be helpful to gather more information about when and how the numbers are disappearing, as this could provide valuable insights into the cause of the problem.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedtracy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
priscilla
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lisasfuncooking
  • Tania Bonner