• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

P3--Anybody Else Have Windows Me Edition?

Based on your entry it appears that you have the PCGFXA47 model. Please note this for future reference.
Karen
Gold Member
I was just wondering if anyone else out there has Windows Me (millenium) software? I finally just tried to install my P3 (because my computer is finally deciding to behave properly) only to find out that P3 is not compatible to run with Windows Me. Talk about aggravating.

I called Tech Support and he said that they've had many calls about this, but right now there aren't any "patches" or anything in the works to get this to run with Windows Me. The only option is to purchase a Windows upgrade, which is costly.

How disappointing, especially when you see and hear all of the new and exciting things about P3.

Thanks for letting me vent! :(

I'm so sorry.The upgrade for the basic edition of Windows Vista (the latest one) is "only" $99.99. It's not BAD but I know that's a real pain. Plus, if you're not really computer-literate, you'll need someone to help you back up your stuff and install the new windows.Grr. I feel your pain. :(

I think Tech Support really dropped the ball by not publishing minimum system requirements for P3. Sure, it runs in their department, but with 60,000 US consultants, there are probably 60,000 different system configurations. I know they can't test on all of them, but the least they could do is tell us "Requires Windows XP and 512MB of RAM."

Sorry. End of rant. :rolleyes:

I'm just wondering how long we will be able to run Pampered Partner (not P3)? I really don't have the $$ to run out and buy a new computer right now, and I don't have enough RAM on mine to run P3......

Becky, how much RAM do you have?Depending on your system, sometimes RAM isn't too bad. I bought 512Mb for $40 after rebates at staples.com.And heck - Grand Rapids - you're not that far from me. We could maybe arrange for me to help you install it. :)

Jennifer,
I am originally from Perry - I know your neck of the woods well!
I have a Sony Vaio Laptop w/ 256 MB of RAM. I jut installed a router last night, and thought that I my computer was wireless ready, but discovered I'm not....so I am off now to buy a wireless card!
You mean I can actually install more RAM on my computer????( I know how to use the computer, but am by no means computer literate!)

jenniferp417 said:
I'm so sorry.

The upgrade for the basic edition of Windows Vista (the latest one) is "only" $99.99. It's not BAD but I know that's a real pain. Plus, if you're not really computer-literate, you'll need someone to help you back up your stuff and install the new windows.

Grr. I feel your pain. :(

Sorry to disagree Jennifer, she needs to upgrade to XP. Any PC with ME on it will not be capable of handling Vista and she'll have nothing but trouble. XP is still available.

I've redone hundreds of PCs, and that would be my personal recommendation.

ME was the black sheep of the Windows Operating Systems...it was the worst they came up with .

ChefBeckyD said:
Jennifer,
I am originally from Perry - I know your neck of the woods well!
I have a Sony Vaio Laptop w/ 256 MB of RAM. I jut installed a router last night, and thought that I my computer was wireless ready, but discovered I'm not....so I am off now to buy a wireless card!
You mean I can actually install more RAM on my computer????( I know how to use the computer, but am by no means computer literate!)

You'll have to look up how many slots you have...you may not be able to add depending on the laptop, but may have to pull out the 256 and change it to 512 (if it is a single slot). If it is dual slots, you may have 2 128 chips and have to still yank them and replace.

janetupnorth said:
You'll have to look up how many slots you have...you may not be able to add depending on the laptop, but may have to pull out the 256 and change it to 512 (if it is a single slot). If it is dual slots, you may have 2 128 chips and have to still yank them and replace.

Okay - I have no idea what you are talking about??? I have slots? Where do I have slots?

What is the model # of your laptop...I'll see if I can find the information on the Sony site for you.

janetupnorth said:
What is the model # of your laptop...I'll see if I can find the information on the Sony site for you.

It is PCG-9B3L.....is that enough?

On my systems info it also says:
UCG029XEUM
AMD Athlon Processor
1.00 GHz, 256 MB of RAM

Based on your entry it appears that you have the PCGFXA47 model. Please note this for future reference.

Looking now...

Yours comes with 1 256 MB SDRAM chip - you can expand up to 512MB and have 1 SO-DIMM open slot.

http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/pcgfxa47_sp.pdf

I know that sounds greek to you, but take your laptop and that information to the store and they can help you get the right DIMM.

Aprox. cost for that memory: $70-75

Do I have to take it to where I bought it? OR can I just take it to Radio Shack? (that's much closer!)

janetupnorth said:
Sorry to disagree Jennifer, she needs to upgrade to XP. Any PC with ME on it will not be capable of handling Vista and she'll have nothing but trouble. XP is still available.

I've redone hundreds of PCs, and that would be my personal recommendation.

ME was the black sheep of the Windows Operating Systems...it was the worst they came up with .

Oh, GOOD! I don't work at Staples any more, so I don't know what's still for sale these days.... XP *would* be her best bet, I 100% agree.

My first computer came with ME. I *should* have built my own, but I was too lazy. Windows ME was the worst thing Microsoft ever did. Thus far, anyway.

Not sure about the Radio Shacks in your area - up by me they don't carry RAM. By me it would have to be a Circuit City or Best Buy or Office Max or something. Maybe Jennifer can help recommend a store in your area now that you know what you need.

Becky,I'm not sure if Radio Shack sells laptop RAM. I'd call and check first. Anywhere that sells laptop RAM can help you and many of them can install it right onsite.I don't really know as much about laptops so I'm not as much help as I thought I'd be.I'm glad Janet found this thread. :D

I have to jump offline - have a meeting coming up at work I have to prep for...PM or e-mail me if you need anything else.

janetupnorth said:
Not sure about the Radio Shacks in your area - up by me they don't carry RAM. By me it would have to be a Circuit City or Best Buy or Office Max or something. Maybe Jennifer can help recommend a store in your area now that you know what you need.

Circuit City is where I bought it.......I have to go to Radio Shack today, that's why I asked....thought I could just kill 2 birds w/ one stone;)
Thanks for all your help!

jenniferp417 said:
Becky,

I'm not sure if Radio Shack sells laptop RAM. I'd call and check first. Anywhere that sells laptop RAM can help you and many of them can install it right onsite.

I don't really know as much about laptops so I'm not as much help as I thought I'd be.

I'm glad Janet found this thread. :D

Thanks Jennifer - you did help - because w/o you, I never would have known that I could add RAM!:D

I'm glad I could help. :)

1. What is P3?

P3 stands for "Pampered Chef Presents," a line of products designed for direct sales and in-home demonstrations. It includes kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items.

2. What does "Windows Me Edition" mean?

"Windows Me" refers to the Windows Millennium Edition, a version of the Windows operating system released by Microsoft in 2000. This edition is no longer supported by Microsoft, but P3 products can still be used on computers with this operating system.

3. Will P3 products work on newer versions of Windows?

Yes, P3 products are compatible with newer versions of Windows, including Windows 10. However, some features may be limited on older operating systems.

4. Can I purchase P3 products online?

Yes, P3 products can be purchased online through the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant's personal website. They can also be purchased at in-home demonstrations or parties.

5. What makes P3 products different from other kitchen tools?

P3 products are designed and manufactured exclusively for Pampered Chef. They are made with high-quality materials and are rigorously tested to ensure durability and functionality in the kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampermeplease
  • pckelly
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pckelly
  • lizzus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies