• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Shyness To Grow With Pampered Chef: A Mom's Journey

In summary, my husband thought I would be making a lot of money when I started doing this 4 months ago, but I'm not. I need to get more bookings and recruit more people to help me out. I love doing this, but I don't want to stop because it's helping me emotionally and I make new friends. My husband is supportive, but he wants more money quickly. I need to speak with him about what he thinks I should do.
yellowolive5
well i guess he thought i would be raking in the dough when i started 4 months ago and im doing good just need to get more bookings for next month and start recruiting. i love doing this so much i dont want to stop. im going to tell him give me 6 months to see what i can do. so im asking you guys how do you just walk up tp people and talk to them? i need to get over my shyness and talk to people. I love PC and want to really grow with it, I have 5 kids and need this for myself. so any ideas?:) :)

yellowolive5 said:
well i guess he thought i would be raking in the dough when i started 4 months ago and im doing good just need to get more bookings for next month and start recruiting. i love doing this so much i dont want to stop. im going to tell him give me 6 months to see what i can do. so im asking you guys how do you just walk up tp people and talk to them? i need to get over my shyness and talk to people. I love PC and want to really grow with it, I have 5 kids and need this for myself. so any ideas?:) :)
Tell your husband that!! Tell him that you need this... it is very hard to get bookings and recruits by not working much. Tell him that you need to work to get the money and his support will help you reach your goals.

thanks i do have his support but he is just greedy and wants $$$ faster.

If you were not doing this, what would you be doing? Would that be bringing in the money that he wants? I understand that he wants the money, but money is not everything (as long as you have enough to pay the bills). Tell him how this is helping you emotionally. You said that you are shy, this will help you overcome it. You get to meet a lot of poeple and make new friends. Tell him how much you need this for yourself!

yellowolive5 said:
thanks i do have his support but he is just greedy and wants $$$ faster.

:D

I know where you are coming from - I have 4 kids and need this for "me".
It is a little difficult when you are just starting out to get over your fear - start out by carrying a catalogue tote and/or a t-shirt and/or a button when you go out. People will notice and ask you. Once you start to feel a little more comfortable, the words and the ability will just come naturally.

Good luck!!

My husband was also a bit concerned about whether I'd really make any money. I told him when I started that if all I ever did was pay for my own PC habit, he should consider it profitable. It took me a year to get the ball really rolling and become fairly consistent with my business. It takes a while to build a customer base.Talk to him. Can you ask him for his help? My husband talks to his co-workers about my business and how great the products are. He's gotten me several orders and a couple of bookings.

nikkijo said:
If you were not doing this, what would you be doing? Would that be bringing in the money that he wants? I understand that he wants the money, but money is not everything (as long as you have enough to pay the bills). Tell him how this is helping you emotionally. You said that you are shy, this will help you overcome it. You get to meet a lot of poeple and make new friends. Tell him how much you need this for yourself!

what would i be doing ummm i dont know he wants me to try daycare at home and honestly i dont like watching other peoples kids. we do have enough to pay the bills he just will always want more. thanks for the advice.

Related to Overcoming Shyness To Grow With Pampered Chef: A Mom's Journey

1. How can I overcome my shyness to grow with Pampered Chef as a mom?

As a mom, it can be challenging to put yourself out there and overcome shyness. However, with Pampered Chef, there are many opportunities and resources available to help you grow and succeed. One way to overcome shyness is by attending local Pampered Chef events and connecting with other consultants. This will not only help you build your confidence but also create a support system of like-minded individuals. Additionally, utilizing social media and online platforms can also help you network and grow your business without having to be physically present.

2. What training and support does Pampered Chef offer for shy moms?

Pampered Chef provides extensive training and support for all consultants, including shy moms. There are online training resources, webinars, and conferences that offer tips and techniques to help you overcome shyness and grow your business. Additionally, Pampered Chef has a mentorship program where experienced consultants can guide and support new consultants, providing an extra layer of support and encouragement.

3. Can I still be successful with Pampered Chef if I am shy?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef welcomes all types of individuals and personalities. Shyness should not hold you back from achieving success with the company. Many successful consultants have started off as introverted and shy but have found ways to overcome their shyness and thrive in their business. With the right mindset and support, anyone can be successful with Pampered Chef.

4. How can I market myself and my business if I am shy?

Marketing can be daunting, especially for shy individuals. However, there are various ways to market yourself and your business without being too outgoing. Utilizing social media, creating blog content, and attending local events are all great ways to market yourself and your business while staying within your comfort zone. Additionally, reaching out to friends and family and offering Pampered Chef parties in a more intimate and personal setting can also be effective marketing strategies for shy individuals.

5. How does Pampered Chef create a supportive environment for shy moms?

Pampered Chef prides itself on its inclusive and supportive culture. There are various Facebook groups and online communities where consultants can connect and support each other. Additionally, Pampered Chef encourages collaboration and team building, which can help shy moms feel more comfortable and supported. The company also offers recognition and rewards for achievements, which can boost confidence and motivation for shy individuals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BAB@MistletoeFarm
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Ksiera