• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Finding Inspiration: My Journey with PC and Overcoming Sales Struggles

sugar...they will believe you! Fall is a great time to restart the business because people are buying a lot of Christmas presents and they are ready to shop. Phoning people to tell them that the new F/W catalogue is out is a great 'excuse' to get in touch with people again. Tell them about the FABULOUS upcoming specials. You don't have to be a sales person for this work, just have to WANT it to work!
FHL
I started with PC early 2008 and I went inactive over the summer. Didn't want to but I am thinking I just might not be cut out for PC. I love the products but I was never much of a "sales" person. I have problems with asking people to have parties, etc. Always just feel like I'm being pushy.

I'm wondering if anyone here has been there done that and can give me your story.

Ok, enough of the pity party - give me your stories girls!!

I feel like that too---and I've been doing this for 2 years! I recommend getting out of your circle, doing some booths/fairs, (schools have them this time of year and you can get a spot for about $20). People will book shows there.

To your friends and family---say "I am reactivating with TPC would you be willing to host a show for me?" Most will say yes, if they say no, accept it graciously and ask for a referral.

Good luck, you don't have to be a sales person for this work, just have to WANT it to work!

One thing that really helped me, is to remember that PC products sell themselves. I had to just relax, and not try to "sell" the products. I was so excited about my business when I started, that I was breathing, eating, sleeping PC, and it oozed out of my pores. That is a good thing in moderation, mind you, but when the first thing out of your mouth, in ANY situation is about PC, you will turn people off quickly!!!!! It took me a long time, to realize that if I just relaxed, and settled into my business, do what I know I need to do (3-2-1, wear PC clothes, etc) things went so much better. PC has such a reputation of being a great company, great products, good value, the only thing you need to do, is SUBTLEY (sp?) make people aware that you are there, and can meet their needs, then they will come to you. Try to get into a Farmer's Market, or Curves, etc to make many contacts in a short period of time, and it will come, as long as you do not turn people off. Sunday at the Farmer's Market, I booked a November show with a manager from bank, and she invited me to come set up a table there. She said they do that once a month, and I am their November. Also, last month at the Farmer's Market, a woman who was the organizer for a large fall festival for her church, asked me to set up, she said they did not have a PC consultant, and had been looking for one. Business IS everywhere, if you look for it. Just remember that you do not have to "hunt it down and shoot it" but just be in out and about and it will come to you, if you are looking for it.

Fall is a great time to restart the biz...get out there and get some booths going to get some contacts, get out of your circle of friends and family and make it work! You can do it!

I agree - Fall is the EASIEST time to start up again(Christmas is coming up, new catalogue, TradeShows, etc).

Maybe you need to think of selling PC different than "Sales" - you are SHARING AMAZING PRODUCTS WITH PEOPLE and sharing your passion. Maybe that will change things for you.

Phoning people to tell them that the new F/W catalogue is out is a great 'excuse' to get in touch with people again. Tell them about the FABULOUS upcoming specials.

Have a referral system to get the people who want PC to come to you. :)

Get in with TradeShows in your area.

You've gotten some great tips so far!!

Remember that our show is giving the host something! She is getting a shopping spree and a discount card that is valid for ONE FULL YEAR!! So, do not feel pushy when you are asking people if they want to host a party with you. You won't know if they want free products unless you ask them (although sometimes we do get lucky and they call us!). You are providing them a service.

Also, don't think about sales when you are doing your party. You love your products, right? Imagine that every time you are at a party the group of people are your girlfriends. Don't you always share good discounts and products with your girlfriends? Just talk to them like that! When you tell your friends to try the cheesecake from Martha's because it is soooo moist and creamy and zero calories if you eat it with your eyes closed...you don't expect Martha's to send you a check do you? But you share anyway because it was darn good!! Well...share how much you love the products and BONUS...you will get paid, too!!

For the first 2 years I was with PC I had a hard time feeling comfortable at my parties. I tried to duplicate the video that came with my kit (it has since been updated). The party was so thorough and informative, but her style was just not ME! So, I changed things up! I started delivering the message in a way that sounded right coming out of my mouth. Now I'm having fun at my parties and my guests are too.

If you feel like you are being pushy try to evaluate how you are delivering the message and make it sound more like "you". I hope this helps a bit.

Fall is a great time to get back into things! If you want to do this you can!

Think of it more like a glorified show & tell. I mean, how many times have you read an AWESOME book or seen the best movie ever and then told everyone about it? That's how I think of PC. We love the products, they actually do sell themselves, but sometimes you just HAVE to tell someone WHY they'll love it by telling them why you love it.

If you just relax and have fun with it, people will want to book with you, I guarantee it!

Thanks for all the tips ladies. I am really excited about getting my business back on track and keeping it there.

Thanks so much - you all are great!

Related to Finding Inspiration: My Journey with PC and Overcoming Sales Struggles

What is "Need Some Inspiration"?

"Need Some Inspiration" is a collection of recipes, tips, and ideas from our community of Pampered Chef consultants and customers. It's a great resource for finding new and creative ways to use our products and make delicious meals.

How often is "Need Some Inspiration" updated?

We update "Need Some Inspiration" regularly with new content and ideas. You can check back often for fresh inspiration or sign up for our newsletter to receive updates directly to your inbox.

Can I submit my own recipes or ideas to "Need Some Inspiration"?

Absolutely! We love receiving submissions from our community. You can submit your recipes and ideas through our website or by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant. If your submission is chosen, we will feature it on "Need Some Inspiration" and give you credit for the recipe.

Are the recipes on "Need Some Inspiration" tested and approved by Pampered Chef?

Yes, all of the recipes on "Need Some Inspiration" have been tested and approved by our team at Pampered Chef. We want to ensure that you are getting the best and most reliable recipes from our community.

Can I save and organize my favorite recipes from "Need Some Inspiration"?

Yes, you can save and organize your favorite recipes by creating an account on our website. You can also save recipes directly from "Need Some Inspiration" by clicking the "Save" button below each recipe. This will allow you to access your saved recipes anytime.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef88
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • KarenH
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Rosebud