• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Objections to Hosting a Show: Tips for Small House/Kitchen Owners

In summary, it sounds like the best way to ease the host's mind if their home is not large enough for a Show is to suggest another location, co-host with a friend, or do a catalog show.
stefani2
"My house/kitchen is too small!" - Has anyone else had a potential Host use this line as their excuse/objection as to NOT host a Show? What can I say to reassure them?

Here's what I say:I've done some great parties in some really tiny spaces. Now, if you're absolutely sure your place is just too small, is there someplace else we could do it? I've had hosts choose their church, their lodge hall, and friend's home. If that's the only thing holding you back, I know we can work something out.

That sounds great! - very reassuring! :) TY!

"That's okay, instead of door prizes, I will give floor prizes!" is what I have heard people say to lighten things up on that one.

I tell them that my first PC party I ever went to was in a room so small that we sat in each other's lap, well not literally but you get it. So I am well accustomed to working with small spaces! Or then suggest a catalog show.

I offer my home for parties.

I've offered my home for parties, suggested co-hosting with a friend in their home (if it's larger) and doing a catalog show. I have never thought about a church, lodge hall, or something like that. I learn something new every day here! Thanks!

do people actually take you up on doing a show at your home? I have had people do shows at other peoples houses and no one shows up...if they don't know the other person they feel uncomfortable I think.

My Longaberger lady offers her home for hosts to use for parties (primarily because she has really bad pet allergies and doesn't have to worry about them when she's in her own home). She always gives the impression that it works quite well for her and her customers. But I was always leery of it - it's hard enough to get my friends and family to attend a home party at my house, let alone at the home of someone they don't know. A public place is completely different.

Last edited:
I've 'lent out' my home 3 times. In each case I already knew the host. In general, I really liked it (less stressful for me). My highest cooking show was with a host who used my home: $1400+. She had 15 people there plus followed up on (more like hunted down!) every potential outside order she could.

I offer up my house too, it's much less stress on me. Infact I had a host here on the 5th and it turned out really well.

FriendI had someone who wanted to do a show but was remodeling her home so I talked her into doing a show at her neice's home. Her neice was wanting to see a show anyway, and ended up hosting her own as well.

I would encourage this with a friend, relative or even a neighbor. They could co-host or just promise to do their own show and therefore get the booking benefit.

I have never offered my home, it would be too much work to get my five kids and hubby out somewhere! LOL

Debbie :D

Most of my hosts with smaller homes either take it outdoors, host at a friends house or squeeze everyone in tight.

I tell the host that if I can do a show in a single-wide trailer, I can do it in their house!

Good suggestions!

I LOVE the idea of just taking the Show outside (for the summer anyways) - and I guess you can always just point out how important Outside Orders are, right?

1. How can I host a successful Pampered Chef show if I have a small house or kitchen?

Hosting a successful Pampered Chef show in a small space is completely doable! One tip is to utilize your outdoor space, such as a patio or backyard, if weather permits. You can also rearrange your furniture to create more room for guests. Another option is to ask a friend or family member with a larger space if they would be willing to host the show for you.

2. I'm worried that my guests won't have enough room to sit and watch the demonstration. What can I do?

Instead of having all of your guests sit at a table, you can have them stand around the kitchen counter or island where the demonstration will take place. This frees up more space for seating and allows everyone to have a good view of the products and techniques being demonstrated.

3. I'm concerned about the noise level in my small space. How can I make sure everyone can hear the demonstration?

Invest in a small portable speaker or microphone to amplify the sound of the demonstration. You can also ask your guests to gather closer to the demonstration area to ensure everyone can hear. Another option is to have a designated "quiet time" during the demonstration where guests are asked to keep noise to a minimum.

4. Will my guests feel cramped and uncomfortable in my small space?

Creating a cozy and welcoming atmosphere can help your guests feel comfortable in a small space. Dim the lights, light some candles, and play some soft background music to set the mood. You can also provide comfortable seating options and offer refreshments to make your guests feel more at ease.

5. What if I don't have enough counter or table space for all of the products?

Get creative with your space! Utilize vertical storage options, such as hanging baskets or wall shelves, to free up counter space. You can also temporarily move items off of your counters or use a nearby table or cart to display products. Another option is to have a "product showcase" area where guests can view items up close before the demonstration begins.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sueleeskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sueleeskitchen
  • Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Suzy Englert
  • byrd1956