• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Nerves: My First Show Delivery and Tips for Future Host Calls

In summary, the items from my first show were delivered yesterday, so I just called the host to make sure everything was there, she didn't have any questions, etc. I'm a pretty shy person (hoping PC will bring me out of my shell a bit!) so I basically made up my own little script of what I wanted to say just in case I got nervous - and I bombed! I completely forgot to ask her if it was a good time to talk, then forgot to ask her if she had any questions!! UGH!!! I'm just glad it's over! I guess I better get over my nervousness pretty quickly, b/c she's doing another catalog show
ahammons
The items from my first show were delivered yesterday, so I just called the host to make sure everything was there, she didn't have any questions, etc. I'm a pretty shy person (hoping PC will bring me out of my shell a bit!) so I basically made up my own little script of what I wanted to say just in case I got nervous - and I bombed! I completely forgot to ask her if it was a good time to talk, then forgot to ask her if she had any questions!! UGH!!! I'm just glad it's over! I guess I shouldn't have been very nervous, b/c she's family (my MIL's cousin) but I was, and it sucked. I guess I better get over my nervousness pretty quickly, b/c she's doing another catalog show for me at the end of the month! :D Okay, enough about that...

Ashlee~

Two things will help you get past your nervousness:

(1) Once you are out of your circle of family and friends. (Sounds funny, but honestly, I get more nervous with people that I KNOW than with complete strangers! I am not the only one to say this, either...)

(2) Just with practice. Even those of us who have been doing this for a long time STILL forget things! You will improve with each show, each follow up call, and each host coaching call!

Good luck with your new business!
Remember that we were all in your shoes once, too!!

I agree with Kelly - I get more nervous with people I know because I know I have to see them again.
I found it useful to not only make a script, but write it down in a way that I can check off things as I disucss them with my host, potential host, potential recruit, etc.... everything I need to cover gets it's own line on the page... sometimes I get really crazy and use check boxes!!! Most of the time I even say, "Let me check my list to make sure I covered everything with you." Don't try to memorize it all right now... it will come more naturally with practice and time, but for now make sure you cover it all - however you decide works best for you.

I think that I just made myself too nervous before I even made the call! I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with time. At least my very first Customer Care call is done! lol

Katie,
This is off of the subject, but do you know how long it takes to get from Cincinnati to Wright Patterson Air Force Base?? I'll be moving to Wright Patt next year, and I'm planning on applying to the The University of Cincinnati's School of Pharmacy. Just curious as to how long my commute would be. :)

Is it really thread hijacking when it is your own thread... hmmmmm..

Anyway, to actually answer your question, probably a little more than an hour... of course traffic will greatly impact the time - especially getting to UC. Is your hubby in the AF? When are you mvoing? We'll have to keep in touch and get together after you move...

Yes, he's in the AF. Right now we're at Whiteman AFB, but he'll be leaving for Korea in July. He'll be gone for a year, so the kids and I will be moving to Indiana (that's where my hubby and I are originally from)....then on to Wright Patt in July of '08. We were thinking of living in Dayton or another surrounding city, but haven't decided yet. Oh wow, an hour! That will be fun! lol :) I guess I was thinking that it was a little closer. I'm going to try to take my pre-pharmacy classes at Wright State, so I probably wouldn't transfer to UC until 2010...geeze, that seems so far away doesn't it?? ha ha Yeah, we'll definitely have to stay in touch!

Hey, Ashlee, be sure to let us know when you'll be in Indiana and where. There are lots of hoosier cheffers. Maybe we could plan a little get-together.

Rae,
Sounds great! :) I'll be in Mooresville - just south of Indy. We'll be moving there in the middle of July.

Hang in there Ashlee ~ soonyou will be blabber mouths just like the rest of us and we can look back and laugh about your "first delivery" and "first host call".

It "DOES" get easier...

Think Positive - She's doing another SHOW - Woo Hoo!:D

ahammons said:
Rae,
Sounds great! :) I'll be in Mooresville - just south of Indy. We'll be moving there in the middle of July.

You're going to be about the same distance from me when you are in IN as you will be when you are at WPAB... I'm on the west side of Cincy about 15 minutes from the IN border!

ahammons said:
Rae,

Hey, I'd be glad to make that drive. So, who all is up for a mini CS conference? Once you get moved in, let us know. You can pick the date, time, and place. I'll make arrangements to be there.

I'm up for that, too! What about a day at Brookville Lake???? Anyone got a boat?

1. How do I calm my nerves before my first show delivery?

Before your first show delivery, it's important to take some deep breaths and remind yourself that you are prepared and capable. Visualizing a successful delivery can also help calm nerves. It may also help to practice your delivery with a friend or family member beforehand.

2. What tips do you have for making host calls less nerve-wracking?

One tip for making host calls less nerve-wracking is to have a script or outline prepared beforehand. This will help you stay on track and not forget important information. It's also helpful to remind yourself that the host is excited to have you and your products in their home.

3. How can I make a strong first impression during my show delivery?

To make a strong first impression during your show delivery, it's important to be confident and enthusiastic. Make eye contact with your audience and use positive body language. Also, have a well-organized and engaging presentation that showcases the benefits and features of your products.

4. What should I do if I make a mistake during my show delivery?

If you make a mistake during your show delivery, it's important to stay calm and address the mistake in a professional manner. Apologize and correct the mistake if possible. Remember that mistakes happen and it's how you handle them that counts.

5. How can I follow up with my host after the show to ensure future bookings?

To follow up with your host after the show, make sure to thank them for hosting and remind them of any special offers or rewards they received for hosting. You can also offer to help them with any questions or concerns they may have about their products. It's also important to stay in touch and keep them updated on new products or promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JoyfulChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
JoyfulChef
  • chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • Humble Beginnings