• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Frustration in PC: Struggles with Sales and Bookings

In summary, PC is a great option for people who have a lot of enthusiasm and are willing to put in the hard work. However, it can be discouraging to be in this business for a long time and not have any success. Try talking to people, recruiting help, and having an open house to increase your chances of success.
Miss Cori
:mad: I am getting so discouraged with PC. I started PC becuase I had several people lined up to do shows. Like they say you need 4 people to start. Well after I signed my agreement half of those people backed out, and then one turned into a catalog show. Now I am out of people. I have sent out letters informing people of my new business, and still no on is interested.
I just saw Julie Wietz speak about how to increase your sales and bookings and everything else great, But I cant get a show!!! I have so many ideas now and no where to put them to work. Now I dont know what to do. I love pampered chef and I really want to do this! But I am at the end of my rope. Thank you for listening and Im sorry for venting. :(

Miss Cori said:
:mad: I am getting so discouraged with PC. I started PC becuase I had several people lined up to do shows. Like they say you need 4 people to start. Well after I signed my agreement half of those people backed out, and then one turned into a catalog show. Now I am out of people. I have sent out letters informing people of my new business, and still no on is interested.
I just saw Julie Wietz speak about how to increase your sales and bookings and everything else great, But I cant get a show!!! I have so many ideas now and no where to put them to work. Now I dont know what to do. I love pampered chef and I really want to do this! But I am at the end of my rope. Thank you for listening and Im sorry for venting. :(

I understand the frustration...it dies a little after the beginning.

Try to talk to people not send letters...personally talking to them and the enthusiasm will help.

Do you have a recruiter/director that can help you?

Cori, I feel ya. I have had three shows so far and thankfully I will be qualified after I submit this last show. But I had a hard time gettings those three (and 1 was me). But I am determined to make this business work for me. I love the products and love doing shows. I am moving this weekend so I will have to start all over again but I do have connections and I will work through them. Have you had an Open House yet?

Definitely get on the phone. It is more approachable than just sending letters. This is the second time I have done PC and the first time I never got on the phone. I would just send email and letters and no one responded. Now I have changed that. I restarted in Feb and I have been booked ever since and am booked through the 16th of June! All because I have been on the phone calling and asking and getting referrals. It really does make a difference. Try it!
BTW have you done your list of 100? I know not all people have a list that big, but just start with 20 and go from there. Hairdresser, teachers, family, friends, librarians, grocery store clerk, etc.

Thankfully I qualified! And I havent held an open house because my mom co-hosted with a friend of ours and basically invited all of our friends. So an open house seems like it would be just repeat people. Most of my friends are away in college. I agree with the personal touch of a phone call I just need to overcome my phone phobia.

Cori one thing that really helped get me out of my slump was to do a fair see if there is one in your area. I was ready to quite in Aug of 2005 due to no bookings and now I average 3 bookings a month.

Cori,
I can only say what the others have said.....the phone makes all the difference! You can do emails and letters all you want, but not until you get on the phone and follow up those emails and letters will you get any bookings!

I know it can be frustrating....but it will get better ~ it only takes on show w/ bookings to turn things around!

I agree that it is probably just a dry spell, and it will eventually pick back up. For the first time, a few weeks ago I snuck a few old catalogs at my doc's office in the magazine pile....well a few days later I had a call from one of the nurses. I was so scared that I was getting in trouble!! But NO! She said that everyone was chatting about the book, so she wanted to book a party! We'll see how it goes in June :). So, I suggest maybe bringing around some catalogs and leaving them in waiting rooms, etc!

I am going thru the same thing. I started PC In Sept and was doing great. But then I went thru family and friends and now nothing, im so upset because I really love doing it. I work from home babysitting so I don't see many people on a regular basis. I have been making cc calls but nothing. I look forward to all of your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

jenniferknapp said:
I agree that it is probably just a dry spell, and it will eventually pick back up. For the first time, a few weeks ago I snuck a few old catalogs at my doc's office in the magazine pile....well a few days later I had a call from one of the nurses. I was so scared that I was getting in trouble!! But NO! She said that everyone was chatting about the book, so she wanted to book a party! We'll see how it goes in June :). So, I suggest maybe bringing around some catalogs and leaving them in waiting rooms, etc!

Did you put any kind of cute catchy sticker on the catalog or just your info

Do you guys do a monthly newsletter to keep your name in front of their face all of the time? May would be a perfect time to send your first one if not...this way you can talk about the Outlet, and the HWC mugs and squares that are available exclusively online.Also, make sure to call any "maybe's" from your door prize drawing slip. Talk about the upcoming host specials and say "okay, I have this or this date" ....don't give them the option to say no :) Good luck!!

irishpamperedchef said:
Did you put any kind of cute catchy sticker on the catalog or just your info

Just a normal address size label with "this is an old catalog, contact me for a new one, or visit my website to see new products" ...with my contact info and URL. I took some of the ideas off of here...if you do a search, there is a large label that you can print out that has a poem that is catchy!

I have had success by just bringing it up when I am out and about runnings errands. Like with the bank teller - While she doing my deposit, I was digging through my purse to find a, um, whatever, and laid down a catalog so I could dig further. She was really excited, and I elt her keep it of course. :) I made a contact at Kinkos when I was running OOF copies and the cashier took a catalog - with an OOF, lol. I also bring it up in conversation, like I was making small talk with the lady at Walmart and she said something about her arthritis and I said how one of my Pampered Chef customers has the same problem and swears by using Icy Hot. Stuff like that, just working it into conversation without coming right out and saying, 'HEY BUY MY STUFF!". Although I have had come right and said to people, "I just started selling Pampered Chef and this stuff rocks. Are you familiar with it?" That has worked well, too, I think mainly because I say I'm new. :)

Hope something here helps!!!

I dont have a website. I want to get one, But 1. I dont have the extra money yet to spend on it, and 2. I dont want to spent $50 or $72 on something that I dont need if I am not going to stick with PC.

Hi Cori,

Get together with your director for a booking blitz. Instead of an open house hold a Mystery Hostess Party. Choose 2 times. One being a daytime Saturday Show and one being an evening show. a new consultant on my team tried an open house and no one showed. When she did a Mystery Hostess she had guests and 3 bookings.
Are there any craft fairs or farmer's markets coming up? Those have always helped me to generate new leads.
You actually cannot set up a website until you are qualified.
You can also do a Help Whip Cancer Fundraiser.
Also, stay on the phone until you get what you want.

Miss Cori said:
I dont have a website. I want to get one, But 1. I dont have the extra money yet to spend on it, and 2. I dont want to spent $50 or $72 on something that I dont need if I am not going to stick with PC.

That is okay! Just leave that part out :)

Evelynt said:
You actually cannot set up a website until you are qualified.

Yes you can, you just can't have wedding registries or individual orders on it. I got my website as soon as I had my PC debit card.

Cori is qualified so the point is mute for her, but for anyone still in the process of qualifying you can get a website.

Cori,

Things that have really helped me, are doing fairs, getting on the phone, talking to people about the business, calling past hosts, running ad's in the paper. Going through my list of 100 on a constant bases, last year when I started I was really shy, did not think that I needed to get on the phone, believe the phone goes a really long ways when they hear your voice. I also do a weekly coaching call with my director that has helped me so much in the past four months!!

i agree with all of the suggestions. I too am hitting a dry spell. My first 2 months were awesome, month three saw several cancellations or reschedules. Which leaves me scrambling now. But I KNOW that I have got to get on the phone. Especially with summer coming, because I know that if I do not book/overbook now, I will have nothing come summer because people use vacations as an excuse.
Keep at it. Remember why you signed up. Right now, CS is the only support system I have (director problems - long story), so utilize everyone here. AND don't forget to BRAG about your accomplishments. It helps motivate you, and shows your enthusiasm which attracts more people!! You can do this!!

So -- I hate my fingers. I had this awesome response all typed out and was about to post it but I ended up closing my window. Let's see if I can try this again.

Now where did I put those pompoms...?

YOU CAN DO THIS. If I can get back on my horse, anyone can.

I started in Aug 2006. Did awesome -- earned ever Super Starter Bonus, plus a few extras. It was fab. Had a ton of shows on my schedule and then in October my Dad went into a coma and sadly never came out. He passed on at the end of January 2007. Obviously I had to ask a lot of people to reschedule and only kept a couple parties on my schedule to keep active. After he passed I had pretty much nothing. I had to get very creative to keep it going. I called my cancels and had them reschedule -- many of them didn't however as situations changed. I redid my list of 100 and CALLED them all. If they couldn't book, I asked them for a referral of someone they knew that would enjoy having a show. SEVERAL of them came through for me and most of those people were out of my circle.

Needless to say things are going VERY well for me now and thats what I LOVE about this business. It's ours -- we can mold it and shape it anyway we want and when things are bad -- we can make it better. We might be down but we're not out by a longshot!! It's not rocket science, but it takes dedication and hard work to get there. You can do it!!

Here's a couple things that helped me:
1 - The attached list of things to do to get bookings. Chris Manion sent this out to us and it was wonderful. Helped me try new things - pamper a buisness, putting an ad out, going to vendor faires.

2- at shows, i send all my invites myself that way i know how many people were invited and they were invited on time and i ALWAYS put on it -- bring 2 friends or outside orders and get a gift. It's bumped my show average and attendance up so high it's not even funny. PLUS many of my bookings are the friends who are so removed from my circle that I really get a lot more exposure that way

3- Wear a PC shirt, wear a pc pin, carry a PC purse, pay with your PC credit card, use a PC pen, leave catalogs in places where people wait, put an ad up at the grocery -- all of these things are great promoters and tell people who and what you are.

4- Get on the phone or do it in person -- a voice is real, a person is real -- a letter or emaila re easy to ignore or forget about. Make yourself unforgettable.

5- HAVE YOUR OWN PARTY!! I can't stress this one enough. Did everyone your mom invite show up? Probably not. Even those who were there -- did they get EVERYTHING they wanted? Nope. A month after there are new paychecks, new budgets, new specials, new midseason products, new recipes and tips to share. Just like field of dreams -- If you build it, they will come... :)

6- Don't give up and believe in yourself. You wanted to do this career for a reason. Be excited and light yourself on fire with it -- people will be attracted to you!!

Good luck and hang in there -- it's so easy to get caught up in the negative and be frustrated, but its up to you to take those lemons and make lemonade. I believe in you!

:)

Attachments

• 101WaystoGetBookings.doc
    38 KB · Views: 661
Hey!
I had a grand-opening to start off with--and just 3 people plus my director showed up!!! But one of those was my neighbor who volunteered to do a show after attending. Then her cousin volunteered to do a show after attending my neighbor's party. And, I had gotten three folks to do an outside order from my grand-opening so I had a decent show to begin with. Then my catalog show, which I thought was going to be a "hard-sell" ended up reaching $600. Moral, of my story, is that you can kick off your business with just one show and one catalog and get it rolling from there! Don't be discouraged yet! It doesn't take much to get the ball rolling!

Good luck!

Cath

Cori - I feel your pain. I just passed my first 30 days and it was tough. I still haven't qualified but hope to do so in May. I too have had lots of people cancel or be completely uninterested. I have a feeling the summer months will get better for everyone so hold tight. Just keep communicating with family and friends and tell them just how important it is to you that your PC business take off. I know this doesn't solve your problem but I would hate for you to give up when you've just started. Hang in there!

Your new best friend should be the phone! Don't give up...think positively!
Things will turn around for you, if you want them to! I hope things get better for you!!

Jennifer....thanks so much for the 101 list! I printed it off so I could put it to use. Great advice! :)

Cori

When I started in March I had the same problem, but now since I have had 3 shows I now have a fundraiser and 3 shows booked for May and 4 shows, 1 catalog, and 1 bridal in June. It really will work out. I call one lady, I just knew she would have a show for me, she turned me down, but wanted a catalog, when I went to pick up her order, she booked a bridal show for her SIL. Tell everyone you know about PC and it will become great.

Cori,

I know exactly how you feel. ALL but one of my friends backed out on me. Now I don't need them (too bad).

Is there a Babies R Us near you - on the second Saturday of each month - they usually have vendor's set up tables - call and ask for the Special Promotions Coordinator.

Little area craft fairs work great too.

If you love Pampered Chef - just keep on trying!

Tracie

Venting is fine here :)sorry about your frustration, but we're all here to help ya out. My business has pretty much died; and just about when I hit a yr. But then PC is my fun/side thing to destress me from my reg day job :( If it's not fun then it's not there for me. I have a few shows lined up, but am looking to become a traveling consultant in my other job!!

Good Luck and Hang in there!

Liz

Miss Cori said:

Thank you for the information on the websites. I guess I was misinformed.

Just to encourage you...summer tends to be a pretty busy time for PC.
You have to work your business and the phone has to become your best friend.
Good luck.

Thank you all for the information & advice. I am about to wrap up my first 30 days & they were GREAT!!! But the month on May I have 1 show this Thursday & 2 maybes. I am going to put your advice to work & start calling my list of 100 cuz like many of you I sent a letter in the mail figuring that would be enough for my family & friends to say yes.

I know it's hard but you have to pick up the phone. People are not good at responding to e-mails or letters.
I was listening to a CD the other day and it explained the senario this way. You are tired and getting home from work. You need to cook dinner and help the kids with homework. You have a message from your mom, your best friend, the pharmacist says your prescription is ready and your rep for Creative Memories, Avon etc calls. Who do you call first. Mom and then your friend. Later in the evening - Need to get the kids ready for bed and clean house etc. People get busy and they forget. There is no malice intended toward the sales rep but people are just busy and have to take care of their priorities.
Pick up the phone and call the people you wrote the letter too - THe words for the calls are in your buiness handbook and the Business is everywhere online training.
Even seasonsed PC consultants have a tough time picking up the phone but set your self a goal for making X number of calls.
Look for craft fairs and events in your area. One place to look is www.craftlister.com

ok Cori~ get on the phone and try a booking blitz. Offer them an incentive like the quick stir pitcher the night of the show. Also, offer the host some recipes for the quick stir pitcher and you'll make one of them the night of the show. You'll end up making commission on the show to offset the price of the pitcher. Sound excited! when you talk to people and offer the raspberry sipper it's a great summer drink. Hang in there! It does get better and go thru your survey slips again and turn those no's to maybes and yes!!!!

Thank you all so much. You guys are soo awesome.

Help w/BookingsCori,

Girl, I feel your pain!:mad: I am in the same situation - tons of cool ideas with nobody to share them with. Bookings was the same reason I had to quit P/C a few years back. So here I am rejoined & am in the same boat. If you want, email me & we can work through this together!:rolleyes:

[email protected]

Related to Overcoming Frustration in PC: Struggles with Sales and Bookings

1. How can I generate more interest in my Pampered Chef business?

One effective way to generate interest is to host a launch party or open house where you can showcase the products and offer special discounts or promotions. You can also reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances and offer to do a cooking demonstration for them. Networking with other consultants and attending events such as fairs and expos can also help you reach a wider audience.

2. What can I do if people are backing out of shows or not interested in hosting?

It can be discouraging when people back out or show no interest in hosting a show. One approach is to focus on building relationships and not just making sales. Reach out to potential hosts and offer to help them plan a fun and easy party. You can also offer incentives or rewards for hosting a show, such as free products or discounts.

3. How can I utilize social media to increase my sales and bookings?

Social media can be a powerful tool for promoting your Pampered Chef business. Consider creating a business page on Facebook or Instagram where you can showcase products, post recipes, and offer promotions. You can also join online groups or communities related to cooking or home entertaining and share your business with others.

4. What should I do if I am feeling discouraged or overwhelmed with my Pampered Chef business?

Running a business can be challenging and it's normal to feel discouraged at times. One way to combat this is to reach out to your mentor or fellow consultants for support and advice. You can also attend training sessions or conferences to learn new strategies and stay motivated. Remember to take breaks and practice self-care to avoid burnout.

5. What are some other ways to increase sales and bookings besides hosting shows?

In addition to hosting shows, you can also offer virtual parties or catalog shows where customers can shop online. Another option is to partner with local businesses or organizations and offer a cooking demonstration or fundraiser. You can also offer personal shopping services or participate in vendor events to reach new customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • heat123