• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Fear of the Phone in Pampered Chef: A Big Chicken's Guide

well, it's something. Just remember that they aren't saying no to YOU personally, but they are saying no to the opportunity you are presenting them with. Big difference.When all else fails, just pull up your big girl panties and deal with it. (As my buddies and I often tell one another.)Rae, I haven't been a member of CS very long, but I have to say that your advice speaks volumes to me. I too, have a phonephobia and reading your posts gives me encouragement. Now, I'm gonna go find my big girl undies and put 'em on now!!! Thanks Rae!!I always fumble my words when I get on the phone and
amy07
Ok, so here's my problem. I jumped head first into PC, and really have no regrets about it at all. However, after the initial excitement has worn off, and the shows have started to slow down, I am suddenly TERRIFIED of the phone!! I know I need to pick up the phone and get busy, but I am SCARED of rejection and failing at this. How do you guys keep and/or get yourself out of a slump? When I first signed up, I had no problems calling, stopping by to meet people, asking for referrals, etc.,............now it is a totally different story. I'm even getting afraid to do the shows!! ughhhhh!! What's a big chicken to do?!?!?:eek: :eek: :eek:

Use the 3-2-1 program. It is very scare proof when you break things down into smaller pieces!

Squawk a little bit. Flap your wings. Settle down.

Now, remember that what you are offering is a favor to them. They aren't doing you a favor by buying a product or booking a show. Honestly, I really hate picking up the phone for that first call of the evening. I hate it. I'd almost rather clean the toilet. (Almost.)

Whenever you begin to get scared, talk to yourself. Out loud. Tell yourself that you have no reason to be afraid. You are good at what you do and learning to be even better. You want to do this out loud because hearing it actually "plants" it in a different part of your brain than just thinking it.

It sounds weird, but it can work.

When all else fails, just pull up your big girl panties and deal with it. (As my buddies and I often tell one another.)

Rae, I haven't been a member of CS very long, but I have to say that your advice speaks volumes to me. I too, have a phonephobia and reading your posts gives me encouragement. Now, I'm gonna go find my big girl undies and put 'em on now!!! Thanks Rae!!

I always fumble my words when I get on the phone and when I am at my shows. It never seems to get better. I would just like to get bookings. The more I do the easier it does get.

Set a special goal for yourself or your family. For me this helped with the Fear Factor.

FEAR FACTOR ~ Pampered Chef style!!

Can you pick up the phone?? :p Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm gonna go look for my big girl panties tonight too. What about you KG? ;) :p

hoosierchef said:
FEAR FACTOR ~ Pampered Chef style!!

Can you pick up the phone?? :p Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm gonna go look for my big girl panties tonight too. What about you KG? ;) :p

BTW, I'm just kidding. I too have Phone Phobia.....but Rae....She's a drop of Golden sunshine who always makes things better! Thanks Rae!

Just remember that they aren't saying no to YOU personally, but they are saying no to the opportunity you are presenting them with. Big difference.

Make yourself a goalI think you should make yourself a goal each time you plan to make calls. I know when our cluster gets on the phone once a month, it's a contest to see who can book the most shows and the winner usually gets a neat prize.

I do that on my own. I try to reward myself with something if I can get X amount of bookings. I even tell my customers on the phone that I am trying to meet a goal. It works out and they don't have to know it's my personal goal. I am not lying, it is my goal and I get my prize!

The prize for me is usually a PC item I can add on to an order for my personal use, eating out the next night for my family, etc...

You can do it!!

Debbie :D

MeesMom3 said:
Rae, I haven't been a member of CS very long, but I have to say that your advice speaks volumes to me. I too, have a phonephobia and reading your posts gives me encouragement. Now, I'm gonna go find my big girl undies and put 'em on now!!! Thanks Rae!!

hoosierchef said:
. . . Rae....She's a drop of Golden sunshine who always makes things better! Thanks Rae!

Aww, you gals are making me blush! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/ashamed0002.gif

debbiealfan said:
I always fumble my words when I get on the phone and when I am at my shows. It never seems to get better. I would just like to get bookings. The more I do the easier it does get.

Practice does help, Debbie. Once again, do it out loud. It sounds goofy, but what you hear is remembered better than what you simply think. Write out a basic script of what you want to say at the beginning of the call, which is probably the hardest part. Read it out loud over and over. Memorize it. Say it out loud to yourself while you drive down the road. (People will just think you're singing with the radio or talking on a cell phone.)

Do this with you whole show, too. That's why they tell you to line up your family, your pets, your stuffed animals, etc., and do your show for them.

I have PHONE PHOBIA in a big way. I hate it with a passion. I am currently reading a book that I hope will help. It's called "Feel the Fear and do it anyway". Has anyone else read it yet?

Phone phobia seems to be a common thing. I think we all have slumps...I know I"m in one right now too. You just have to realize that you are in control of your own destiny...have you read "The Secret"? I know that's another thread somewhere on here...but it's good. Not too easy to implement, but when you do, it'll change your whole perspective!!

OK, you guys will get a chuckle out of this...

Defined as "a persistent, abnormal, and unwarranted fear of telephones", each year this surprisingly common phobia causes countless people needless distress.

To add insult to an already distressing condition, most fear of phones therapies take months or years and sometimes even require the patient to be exposed repeatedly to their fear. We believe that not only is this totally unnecessary, it will often make the condition worse. And it is particularly cruel as fear of phones can be eliminated with the right methods and just 24 hours of commitment by the phobic individual.

Known by a number of names - Telephonophobia and Fear of Telephones being the most common - the problem often significantly impacts the quality of life. It can cause panic attacks and keep people apart from loved ones and business associates. Symptoms typically include shortness of breath, rapid breathing, irregular heartbeat, sweating, nausea, and overall feelings of dread, although everyone experiences fear of phones in their own way and may have different symptoms. .

Though a variety of potent drugs are often prescribed for fear of phones, side effects and/or withdrawal symptoms can be severe. Moreover, drugs do not "cure" fear of phones or any other phobia. At best they temporarily suppress the symptoms through chemical interaction.

The good news is that the modern, fast, drug-free processes of The CTRN Phobia Clinic will train your mind to feel completely different about telephones, eliminating the fear so it never haunts you again.

Consider the true cost of living with Fear Of Phones.
If you are living with fear of phones, what is the real cost to your health, your career or school, and to your family life? Avoiding the issue indefinitely would mean resigning yourself to living in fear, missing out on priceless life experiences big and small, living a life that is just a shadow of what it will be when the problem is gone.

For anyone earning a living, the financial toll of this phobia is incalculable. Living with fear means you can never concentrate fully and give your best. Lost opportunities. Poor performance or grades. Promotions that pass you by. fear of phones will likely cost you tens, even hundreds of thousands of dollars over the course of your lifetime, let alone the cost to your health and quality of life. Now Fear Of Phones can be gone for less than the price of a round-trip airline ticket.

I thought this was hilarious but reread it carefully, you can pick up a few tips...like with the right methods, you can be over your fear in 24 hours...

How about, "with the right script you can get 24 bookings in 24 hours!"

Basically, read Ginny's advice on here of how to make sure you always end a positive question "get a yes on something", and think about all the goals it can help you accomplish...why did YOU do PC? A little extra cash, free or discounted products, a night away from the kids, trips, other. That phone is your key to reaching your goals - catch the enthusiasm again of why you LOVE PC and pick up the phone and call... We're women guys, we're always being accused of loving to gab...let's get doing this! :)

1. How can I overcome my fear of the phone when making calls for Pampered Chef?

One effective way to overcome your fear of the phone is to practice and prepare beforehand. Write down a script or key points you want to cover during the call and practice them out loud. This will help you feel more confident and prepared when making calls. You can also try deep breathing or positive self-talk to calm your nerves before making the call.

2. What are some tips for making successful calls for Pampered Chef?

Some tips for making successful calls include having a positive attitude, being genuine and personable, and listening actively to the person on the other end of the line. It's also important to be knowledgeable about the products and services offered by Pampered Chef and to have a clear goal or purpose for each call.

3. How can I handle rejection or objections during phone calls for Pampered Chef?

It's important to remember that rejection is a natural part of sales and not to take it personally. Instead, use objections as an opportunity to address any concerns the person may have and provide more information about the benefits of Pampered Chef. Practice active listening and try to understand the person's perspective before addressing their objections.

4. What are some ways to build confidence when making phone calls for Pampered Chef?

Building confidence when making phone calls can be achieved through preparation, practice, and positive self-talk. Remind yourself of your strengths and the value you bring to Pampered Chef. It also helps to have a strong belief in the products and services you are offering, as this will come through in your tone and attitude during the call.

5. How can I make my phone calls for Pampered Chef more effective?

There are several ways to make your phone calls for Pampered Chef more effective. First, be sure to have a clear goal or purpose for each call. This will help keep the conversation focused and productive. Additionally, actively listen to the person on the other end of the line and tailor your approach based on their needs and interests. Lastly, follow up with any promised information or next steps to show your commitment and professionalism.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • kcmckay