• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcome Procrastination and Get 'Er Done with :boss:

In summary, the author is procrastinating on completing a project with a child. They have goals for the year and plan to complete them by Wednesday.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
:boss:

Have you been procrastinating about getting something done?

Post what it is here then :boss: Get 'ER Done!!!

U R so funny naming this thread that! I saw the thread where you were contemplating the name.
I am procrastinating on finishing Sara's 1st year book and she is 3 1/2!

lhpcgirl said:
U R so funny naming this thread that! I saw the thread where you were contemplating the name.

That's funny because that's something I have been procrastinating on that I even forgot about!

I haven't gotten into the major scrapbooking thing but I was given a template for a book that will actually get printed and bound as a book and I cannot seem to get it finished. I am about 85% done!

Ellen this one is way different! I like this one cause it will help motivate us to do something that we have been putting off.

Yay is for when you have accomplished it. they work great together!

lhpcgirl said:

I have to do that too, and my dd's are 4 and 6:eek: I do have some pages done. I think that I will work first getting Oct 2007- present done then on from there.

I need to sort through and organize my basement. If I don't get it done soon it will be a real big P.I.T.A. when it comes time to move.... whenever that day comes but it WILL come!

I am procrastinating my homework tonight... doesn't help that i have a monster headache right now either.

lhpcgirl said:

Christ Follower said:
That's funny because that's something I have been procrastinating on that I even forgot about!

lhpcgirl said:
I haven't gotten into the major scrapbooking thing but I was given a template for a book that will actually get printed and bound as a book and I cannot seem to get it finished. I am about 85% done!

That is one of my major procrastinations!! My son is 14 and I haven't finished his first year. It is more so that I don't have a place to set up & make progress.

I am going to use my thread as a running list in my time off between jobs so I don't take over this thread too much. I can list my things that need to be done though:

I still have my piles of papers that need sorting, filing and throwing away. Then there is the clothes that have gotten out of hand. I got through part of them before Christmas but I need to completely clean out the closet and get rid a bunch. What about the weight, yes I have procrastinated getting started - which leads to the procrastination of exercising.

Hmmm, that is enough for now.

Shhhh, don't tell anyone this but I have to still put away the Christmas stuff. :blushing:

I had such big plans on getting the trees and train put back under the house today but I was working on stuff for work ALL afternoon and half the evening. I think I am going to get up at 5:00 and Get 'er Done!!!

I'm going to set my goals for this year. I will have them done by Wednesday! Yes that would be this coming Wednesday the 23rd.

Hi all. Today I need to get some painting done- I want to get all the main colour on the walls. I need to RECLEAN the basement- since the boys trashed it this weekend. I guess I will call and disco the cable for THAT. I need to get a few loads of laundry done too. I need to confirm dates for those who responded to my beg letter. And find some more shows for February. I am still 6 short of the 13 I need. Oh and I need to call the doctors office and pester them about my surgery date.

I've done nothing today. Well, I picked out some pictures the girls can scrapbook with if they want to do that today. Other than that and starting the dryer not much. I think I'm all caught up on my laundry at least for this second.

friday said:
Hi all. Today I need to get some painting done- I want to get all the main colour on the walls. I need to RECLEAN the basement- since the boys trashed it this weekend. I guess I will call and disco the cable for THAT. I need to get a few loads of laundry done too. I need to confirm dates for those who responded to my beg letter. And find some more shows for February. I am still 6 short of the 13 I need. Oh and I need to call the doctors office and pester them about my surgery date.

Let us know as you get things checked off your list. I'm hoping for an early surgery date for you!

chef_kimmo said:
That is one of my major procrastinations!! My son is 14 and I haven't finished his first year. It is more so that I don't have a place to set up & make progress.

Well at the rate I am going, that is how old my DD will be too! My son is almost 13 and he doesn't get one although I do have a photo album in chronological order, just no info as to who, when, what, where so I won't be able to tell him anything about the pictures! LOL!

I really need to clean my house but I am so tired with work and homework.

Okay I have totally procrastinated making up my host packets. I HAVE TO DO IT TOMORROW! My show is on Sunday and I need to be prepared!

I have totaly bombed on making calls

spring paperwork starter kitsWhat is the cutoff date for ordering with f/w paperwork?

The Jan CN says supply orders filled after Feb. 15 will contain spring paperwork.

Great! I have a recruit signing on Feb. 1st and had a small freak out that she would get spring paperwork and still need fall to get through her 4 shows in feb.

almondfarm said:
Great! I have a recruit signing on Feb. 1st and had a small freak out that she would get spring paperwork and still need fall to get through her 4 shows in feb.

I believe she will get both fall and spring paperwork in her starter kit - 50 catalogs of each.

I need to clean some of my house today!

I need to prep my door prizes today AND mail off some cattys.

I should have gone to the post office. I need to do that really bad. I need to get my contacts done for today.:eek: I need to get busy.

missydivine said:
I should have gone to the post office. I need to do that really bad. I need to get my contacts done for today.:eek: I need to get busy.

Doesn't look like I'll make it to the post office today either. Looks like I will have to do it on Monday instead.

Christ Follower said:
Doesn't look like I'll make it to the post office today either. Looks like I will have to do it on Monday instead.

I will have to do that or if I go see my mom I can deliver it.

Just wondering how everyone is doing with the procrastination lists.....

Related to Overcome Procrastination and Get 'Er Done with :boss:

1. How can I overcome procrastination and be more productive at work?

The first step to overcoming procrastination is to identify the root cause of your procrastination. Is it due to lack of motivation, fear of failure, or feeling overwhelmed? Once you understand the reason behind your procrastination, you can develop strategies to address it. This may include breaking tasks into smaller, manageable chunks, setting realistic deadlines, and seeking support from coworkers or a mentor.

2. Why is it important to address procrastination in the workplace?

Procrastination can have a negative impact on your work performance, as well as the overall productivity and success of the company. It can lead to missed deadlines, poor quality work, and a decrease in morale among team members. By learning how to overcome procrastination, you can improve your own productivity and contribute to a more efficient and successful work environment.

3. How can I stay motivated and focused on my tasks?

One effective way to stay motivated and focused is to set clear goals and create a plan to achieve them. This will give you a sense of purpose and direction, making it easier to stay on track. It's also important to eliminate distractions, such as checking emails or social media, and take regular breaks to avoid burnout. Additionally, rewarding yourself for completing tasks can help maintain motivation.

4. What role does time management play in overcoming procrastination?

Time management is crucial in overcoming procrastination. By managing your time effectively, you can prioritize tasks and allocate enough time for each one. This will prevent you from feeling overwhelmed and help you stay on track. It's also important to set realistic deadlines and avoid procrastinating by planning ahead and breaking tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks.

5. How can I help my team overcome procrastination and improve productivity?

As a team leader, it's important to lead by example and demonstrate good time management and productivity habits. Encourage open communication and create a supportive and positive work environment. Providing resources and tools for effective time management, such as task management software, can also help your team overcome procrastination and improve productivity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • schel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
angmillar
Replies