• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ot: Ted Kennedy Has a Malignant Brain Tumor

In summary, Ted Kennedy has a brain tumor and it is believed to be a malignant one. He had a couple of seizures last week and it was found during those seizures that he has a tumor. He has a few months to live at the most, and his family is receiving prayers from around the world.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
I thought I'd share that Senator Kennedy has a brain tumor. He had a couple of seizures last week, and they found a malignant brain tumor.

I am in no way, shape or form a fan of his, however I would never wish a brain tumor on anyone.

I'm not writing this to start a heated political discussion- just to share that he has a tumor.http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080520/ap_on_go_co/kennedy

Last edited:
In my best Kindergarten Cop impression... "It might be a tumor." - Arnold: "It's not a tumor!"Too bad Ted, it is...I too, am not a fan of his, but am sorry to hear that...and knowing seizure disorders REALLY well from DH's side of the family, feel sorry for him for that too...

I agree with you... not a fan of the Kennedys, but he still is a person with family and friends who care about him. This is a human tragedy, regardless of your political affiliation.

I agree, it looks like at a minimum a few months at a maximum 5 years left to live. Not a good way to go. (I'll refrain what I was going to say about Mary Jo Kopechne)

Last edited:
Wave 3 in Chicago, baby!!!
I will NOT miss Leadership again!
/katiedooley
Stripper Star Recipient - June 19, 2007
~Even if the grass is greener on the other side, you still have to mow it!~

Forever praying for Paige

Katie, and you'll still have weeds! :)

janetupnorth said:
In my best Kindergarten Cop impression... "It might be a tumor." - Arnold: "It's not a tumor!"

Too bad Ted, it is...

I too, am not a fan of his, but am sorry to hear that...and knowing seizure disorders REALLY well from DH's side of the family, feel sorry for him for that too...

LOL! NOT because it is a tumor, because that is always sad....but had to laugh because that was my first thought too....and the irony of it made me giggle. Sick, I know.:yuck:

I kind of figured there was something like that going on, because all of the news reports were questioning why they were keeping him the hospital for so long for a seizure.

Mary Jo Kopechne was not available for comment.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Mary Jo Kopechne was not available for comment.

Thanks for the correct spelling, KG- I was about to google her and edit my post, but it slipped my mind and I ran to Target to pick up some benadryl and dishwashing soap. I'll go and edit my post now.

Very sad news about Ted Kennedy. Prayers for him and his family. An employee of mine had an 11 year old son pass away from a malignant brain tumor. It's a long hard fight, but one that is usually lost.

As much as some of you don't like him, take a look at what he HAS done for American people. No doubt, his personal life has been a mess. You need far right just like you need far left to strike some sort of balance.

Very sad :(

it is sad. But there must not be any other news in the Boston area (at all) not even traffic or weather. This is ALL they have talked of all day.

What is a malignant brain tumor?

A malignant brain tumor is a type of cancer that originates in the cells of the brain. These tumors can grow and spread quickly, causing serious health problems.

What are the symptoms of a malignant brain tumor?

The symptoms of a malignant brain tumor can vary depending on the location and size of the tumor. Common symptoms may include headaches, seizures, changes in vision or speech, and difficulty with balance or movement.

What causes a malignant brain tumor?

The exact cause of malignant brain tumors is not fully understood. However, certain risk factors such as exposure to radiation, family history of brain tumors, and certain genetic conditions may increase the likelihood of developing a malignant brain tumor.

How is a malignant brain tumor diagnosed?

A malignant brain tumor is typically diagnosed through a combination of imaging tests, such as MRI or CT scans, and a biopsy to examine a sample of the tumor cells. The type and grade of the tumor can also be determined through these tests.

What are the treatment options for a malignant brain tumor?

Treatment for a malignant brain tumor may include surgery to remove the tumor, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, and/or supportive care. The recommended treatment plan will depend on the type, size, and location of the tumor, as well as the overall health of the patient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
annew
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
2 3