• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chefann and Other T. Pratchett Fans....

In summary, best-selling fantasy author Terry Pratchett has been diagnosed with a rare form of early onset Alzheimer's. He announced the news on his illustrator's website and stated that he will continue writing and completing his upcoming projects. Pratchett is known for his Discworld series, which has sold over 45 million copies and has been translated into 33 languages worldwide. Despite the diagnosis, he remains optimistic and asks for high-end experts in brain chemistry to offer their help.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Didn't know if you had seen this - just read it ~

Author Terry Pratchett Has Alzheimer's
By RAPHAEL G. SATTER, AP
1 hour ago

LONDON —

Best-selling fantasy author Terry Pratchett has been diagnosed with a rare form of early onset Alzheimer's, he said in a message posted to his illustrator's Web site.

In a brief note to fans entitled "An Embuggerance," Pratchett, 59, said he was taking the news "fairly philosophically" and "possibly with a mild optimism."

"I would have liked to keep this one quiet for a little while, but because of upcoming conventions and of course the need to keep my publishers informed, it seems to me unfair to withhold the news," he wrote on the Web site of Paul Kidby, who has illustrated many of his books.

Pratchett is best known for his Discworld series, which explores the residents of very flat, very weird and almost invariably hilarious planet dominated by the sprawling, chaotic city of Ankh-Morpork. Pratchett wrote his first Discworld novel, "The Color of Magic," in 1983, and 35 more books followed, many of which topped the best seller charts.

Pratchett's Web site said his novels have sold more than 45 million copies and have been translated into 33 languages worldwide.

His latest work, "Making Money," was published in September and Harper Children's was due publish a non-Discworld novel, "Nation," in 2008.

Pratchett said he would continue completing "Nation" and that he had already begun working on "Unseen Academicals" _ another writing project.

"Frankly, I would prefer it if people kept things cheerful, because I think there's time for at least a few more books yet :eek:)" he wrote in his message. "I know it's a very human thing to say 'Is there anything I can do,' but in this case I would only entertain offers from very high-end experts in brain chemistry."

Aw, crud. :cry: BTW- if anyone here is a fan of the riffs KG and I get going sometimes, you definitely want to check out the Discworld series. I don't recommend starting with the first few (it took Pratchett a couple of books to hit his stride), but I can recommend some that are absolutely hilarious. (I've got the entire series and the companion series for young adults.)

Wow, I had no idea that Terry Pratchett had Alzheimer's. That's really sad news. I've been a fan of his for years, and I love his Discworld series. It's amazing to think that he's written so many books while dealing with this disease. I hope he's able to continue writing and completing his projects, and I wish him all the best in his battle against Alzheimer's. It's definitely a reminder to cherish and enjoy the things we love, because we never know what the future holds.

Related to Chefann and Other T. Pratchett Fans....

1. Who is Chefann and Other T. Pratchett Fans?

Chefann and Other T. Pratchett Fans is a popular fan group for fans of the late British author, Sir Terry Pratchett. The group is known for its love of cooking and baking, inspired by the food and recipes mentioned in Pratchett's novels.

2. How do I join the Chefann and Other T. Pratchett Fans group?

To join the group, you can request to join on their official Facebook page. The group is open to all fans of Terry Pratchett's work, as well as those who enjoy cooking and baking.

3. Does Chefann and Other T. Pratchett Fans have any official merchandise?

Yes, the group sells official merchandise such as t-shirts, aprons, and mugs on their website. All proceeds go towards supporting the group and its events.

4. What kind of events does Chefann and Other T. Pratchett Fans host?

The group hosts a variety of events, including virtual cooking and baking demonstrations, book discussions, and meet-ups at conventions and festivals. They also hold charity events to raise money for causes that were important to Terry Pratchett.

5. Can I share my own recipes and cooking tips in the Chefann and Other T. Pratchett Fans group?

Yes, the group encourages its members to share their own recipes and cooking tips inspired by Terry Pratchett's novels. It is a great way to connect with other fans and learn new dishes to try.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hollye44
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies