• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ot (Surprised?) I Was a Little Bummed

In summary, Kacey was successful in increasing her typing speed from 71 to 79 and data entry speed from 10,681 to 12,903 ksph.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Salutations my Peeps!

So last night I sat at my computer for about 4 hours and did some testing for another staffing agency that I signed up with.

I was super excited that they allowed the testing to be done at home because I have a really cool keyboard and I type uber fast on this puppy!

So when it finally came time to do the data entry part I was pretty pumped because I'm not only good at it, but I was going to get to use MY keyboard, my desk and my chair.

Well I did the test run because I wanted to get a feel for how quickly I could move from field to field and it didn't go well. I'm not used to my 10-key on my keyboard and my keyboard isn't as tactile as most others are so my fingers kept hitting the enter key or the * key instead of the "-" key on the phone number section of the data entry test.

I was so sure I didn't even scrape 8000 KSPH (key strokes per hour) on my data entry (it was alpha and numeric) and back in the day I believe I was up to 14,000 ksph. At the Kelly agency I did just under 11,000 ksph and typed 71 wpm. I know I am capable of faster speeds but I get so nervous during typing tests that I pound on the keyboard and don't type as fast.

So the data entry was not good. :( Then came the typing test. It was 5 or 6 paragraphs. Normally I finish all and get started on the first one again before my time is up. Well on this one I had a little over a sentence left in the last paragraph, so I was sure that I didn't do as well as my last test with the other agency. I figured I would be lucky to hit 65 wpm.

I got an email from the lady at the agency this morning and I actually did much better than I thought! I was able to increase my wpm from 71 to 79 (I used to be able to type 112 wpm) and I increased my data entry speed from just under 11,000 (I think it was like 10,681 ksph at the other place) to 12,903ksph!!!

I was sooo pumped! I sent Sonja an email last night telling her that I wanted to retest because I was pretty sure I did terrible. She said my scores were fantastic and I could retest if I wanted to, but they really only use them as a guide.

So anyway I'm very proud of myself. I haven't had too many things to be peppy about and this just put a little bounce back into my step! :)

thanks for listening...

WOOHOO!!! :sing: Go Lucy, Go Lucy, Go...umm Kacey. Crap...well anyway, WOOHOO!!!

Crankykat;)

Is it a bird? A plane? No, it Super Fingers!

Good grief, I thought 55 wpm was fast. I guess I am a turtle compared to you. CONGRATULATIONS!

DessertDivaFL said:
Is it a bird? A plane? No, it Super Fingers!

Good grief, I thought 55 wpm was fast. I guess I am a turtle compared to you. CONGRATULATIONS!

No my sister is a turtle. She types less than 20 wpm and becasue most of the letters on my keyboard have rubbed off, she makes several spelling errors because she can't see where the letters are! :)

55wpm is still fast. My mother taught me to learn the keyboard when I was about 8 years old. She made a laminated placemat for the supper table and it was a replicated typewriter keyboard. She'd say a sentence and I'd have to type it. By 8th grade I was typing 72 wpm. At one point and time, when I was typing at my FT job I was up to 112 wpm. So don't think you are slow at all. I'm just a freak of nature! :):eek:

Congrats!! We are so often our own worse critic.

Enjoy your success!

Thank you for the compliment, Kacey. Keep on tappin'!

I skipped typing class because I was convinced ( at age 17) I wouldn't need it and it was a waste of my time and now wished I hadn't done all the skipping ( BTW, I never got caught, not sure how that happened??)
Once I got to college I really regretted it when term paper time came around. Long story short, I am the WORST typist EVER!!!!
You go Kacey!!!! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I got an email from the lady at the agency this morning and I actually did much better than I thought! I was able to increase my wpm from 71 to 79 (I used to be able to type 112 wpm) and I increased my data entry speed from just under 11,000 (I think it was like 10,681 ksph at the other place) to 12,903ksph!!!
Meh.

I'm up to 86 misneaks a mintue.

Way to go ya FREAK!!:D My mom laughs because she is a hunt and peck kind of gal. She thinks my fingers are crazy because I know where the keys are.

merego said:
I skipped typing class because I was convinced ( at age 17) I wouldn't need it and it was a waste of my time and now wished I hadn't done all the skipping ( BTW, I never got caught, not sure how that happened??)
Once I got to college I really regretted it when term paper time came around. Long story short, I am the WORST typist EVER!!!!
You go Kacey!!!! :)
I should make you a placemat like my mom made for me! :)

krzymomof4 said:
Way to go ya FREAK!!:D My mom laughs because she is a hunt and peck kind of gal. She thinks my fingers are crazy because I know where the keys are.

Thanks! We freaks have to stick together! :) the a ,s, e, l, f, o, m, k, n, t, and r keys are all rubbed off on my keyboard so my sister has a really hard time typing. I don't need to see them, so I can type in the dark if I needed to. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
No my sister is a turtle. She types less than 20 wpm and becasue most of the letters on my keyboard have rubbed off, she makes several spelling errors because she can't see where the letters are! :)

55wpm is still fast. My mother taught me to learn the keyboard when I was about 8 years old. She made a laminated placemat for the supper table and it was a replicated typewriter keyboard. She'd say a sentence and I'd have to type it. By 8th grade I was typing 72 wpm. At one point and time, when I was typing at my FT job I was up to 112 wpm. So don't think you are slow at all. I'm just a freak of nature! :):eek:
but such a sweet one! I am snails pace compared to you! I HATED typing in high school and was the worst chickie in the class! Who knew how much practice I would get once I hit the "real world"!!

Way to master Qwerty Kacey! ;)

I'm a typing freak too Kacey - now I love you more today then I did yesterday:love: !

I'm not as fast as you, but I type 80 wpm. My family just looks and laughs at me when I'm typing at the computer. I remember years ago when I was rehired at a company I had to take a typing test on a typewriter. When I finshed the person giving me the test said, "Nobody has ever gotten that far before." She graded it and I only had 1 error. She was amazed - I thought it was not big deal. I got hired and started working with a group of guys. The first day I was typing something on the computer and one of the guys said, "You aren't really typing." I said, "Yes I am." He watched me type and couldn't believe it either. My kids always laugh when I look away from the computer while I'm typing to talk to them. It's so funny!

The only downfall I can find with typing so well is that I hate to write and am terrible at it!! It started getting bad when I took shorthand in HS. I don't think they even teach that anymore! I guess I'm showing my age!

janetupnorth said:
Way to master Qwerty Kacey! ;)
What's Qwerty? (remember, I lead a sheltered life!)

Kitchen Diva said:
What's Qwerty? (remember, I lead a sheltered life!)

Wow! You've never seen Veggie Tales?

pampchefrhondab said:
I'm a typing freak too Kacey - now I love you more today then I did yesterday:love: !

I'm not as fast as you, but I type 80 wpm. My family just looks and laughs at me when I'm typing at the computer. I remember years ago when I was rehired at a company I had to take a typing test on a typewriter. When I finshed the person giving me the test said, "Nobody has ever gotten that far before." She graded it and I only had 1 error. She was amazed - I thought it was not big deal. I got hired and started working with a group of guys. The first day I was typing something on the computer and one of the guys said, "You aren't really typing." I said, "Yes I am." He watched me type and couldn't believe it either. My kids always laugh when I look away from the computer while I'm typing to talk to them. It's so funny!

The only downfall I can find with typing so well is that I hate to write and am terrible at it!! It started getting bad when I took shorthand in HS. I don't think they even teach that anymore! I guess I'm showing my age!
They still teach shorthand, but I don't know too many that use it! It's mostly used on the Executive level...

I'm just happy I got over 70 wpm (since I know I type faster) because tests make me freeze. I sound like I'm killing my keyboard when I test because I hit the keys so hard as I'm focusing on remembering where all the keys are. It's truly stressful for me.

Sometimes my DH doesn't think I'm really typing either. I worked at Blue Cross about 10 years ago and the guy on the other side of my cube was an angry, angry person. I typed much faster back then because I had to enter data from between 10,000 and 20,000 coordination of benefits forms each month.

Anyway, when I get moving I make a little noise- hello I have nails and I type fast it's gonna make some noise. He complained on an hourly basis about my pounding on my keyboard. So they moved him next to a girl that REALLY did pound on her keyboard.

Within a week he was back sitting on the other side of my cube and was allowed to bring earphones to work and listen to the radio so he wouldn't have to be bothered by my speed! :)

Kacey...you make my face hurt girl!! :D You of all super hero typers should know this one~for the correct definition I am quoting Wiki...

QWERTY is the most common modern-day keyboard layout on English-language computer and typewriter keyboards. It takes its name from the first six characters seen in the far left of the keyboard's top first row of letters. The QWERTY design was patented by Christopher Sholes in 1874 and sold to Remington in the same year, when it first appeared in typewriters.

Bascially it is the layout of the common data entry keyboard!

More info than I am sure you wanted...but now you are in the know sister!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! You've never seen Veggie Tales?
I love VEGGIE TALES!

Oh where is my hairbrush? Oh where is my hairbrush? Oh where oh where oh where oh where oh whereeeeereree is my hairbrush?

We are the pirates who don't do anything, we just stay home and lie around...

This is a song, for your pregnant kitty, she's feeling nauseous and a wee sick too, and if I sing to your pregnant kitty, she will feel better in a day or two. Yodellaydeyodeladdeeeyodelooo

Everybody has a water buffalo yours is fast and mine is slow oh where do you get them I don't know but everybody has a water buffaloooooo

I just don't remember Qwerty!

KellARooni said:
Kacey...you make my face hurt girl!! :D You of all super hero typers should know this one~for the correct definition I am quoting Wiki...

QWERTY is the most common modern-day keyboard layout on English-language computer and typewriter keyboards. It takes its name from the first six characters seen in the far left of the keyboard's top first row of letters. The QWERTY design was patented by Christopher Sholes in 1874 and sold to Remington in the same year, when it first appeared in typewriters.

SWEET! Cute, speedy with the fingers and now, official SMART thanks to you! :) What a red letter day!!!

pampchefrhondab said:

I love you, too! :)

KellARooni said:

Um, remember I said I was sheltered. I'll give you an examply of just how sheltered I am. Back in high school before I told my parents I wanted to go to a Christian School I was in Economics Class. The current class Eye Candy (Rick B.) sat next to me. He was a drummer in band. I played drums and flute. Anyway he slipped me a note and asked if I wanted to have Oral S*x with him. I replied to him a little more loudly than I should have and said "what's oral s_x?!?!

Mr. Parker (my economics teacher that looked like Thurston Howell III) turned bright red, and with veins popping in his neck and forehead stood up faster than a rocket and pointed to the door and boomed GO TO THE OFFICE YOU SICK YOUNG LADY!!! I was in tears! I had never been told to go to the office and all because of Rick.

So I got down there and the secretary asked what I was doing there. I told her I was sent there by Mr. Parker for asking Rick B. what Oral S_X was and I had no idea what it was and I'd never been in trouble before and I didn't mean to interrupt class but I don't know what it is and now I'm in trouble for something I know nothing about and I'm sure if I thought long and hard enough about it I could figure out what it was but it still doesn't help the fact that I'm down here and in trouble.

She just sat there smiling at me as I'm rambling on with tears streaming down my face and all of the sudden a light bulb went off and I had figured out what it was and I went "Eewwwwwww" And she came out from behind her desk, hugged me and said- I think you've had a stressful enough day young lady, please go back to class and send Mr. Boyer down to see the principal.

So there you have it! I'm as naive as they get and even more sheltered!

I LOVE me some Kasey stories!! To funny! I am right there with you on the shelteredness and being naive...some say I provide free entertainment without even trying! You DEFINTELY do!!:)

KellARooni said:
I LOVE me some Kasey stories!! To funny! I am right there with you on the shelteredness and being naive...some say I provide free entertainment without even trying! You DEFINTELY do!!:)

That's how I roll!

qwerty is the computer that bob and larry talk to at the end of each veggie video. to get the verse and other stuff from.

chefmoseley said:
qwerty is the computer that bob and larry talk to at the end of each veggie video. to get the verse and other stuff from.
Oh... I seriously don't remember that ...guess I'd better break out a video!

Kacey, being a bit naive isn't anything to be ashamed of. I wish more of our young people were naive.I type quickly and usually fairly accurately. Thankfully, I don't have a fear of tests, so I tend to test well. I think the last typing test I had I tested about 83 wpm. That's been about four years ago, though. I type on a daily basis, so it's probably a bit faster than that now.I'm one of the weirdos who liked typing class. I had been typing since fifth grade, so I was light years ahead of the other students. Since I was living in a home where it was clear that it was important to prove yourself superior to everyone else, typing became one of my favorite classes. I could coast a bit and still earn my parents' praise.Yeah, I've got issues. ;)

No typing class here...they didn't offer any such thing in my progressive California high school! LOL!! Or maybe I just didn't take it! I type fast enough but I don't test on those things well either. Cest la vie.....I 'll never be a data entry speed demon. Is ok......thank goodness I have PC!

Oh and GREAT for you K~ you need a "upper"! LOL!!

Oh, yeah, and your sister would have trouble on my home computer, too. Many of the key labels are worn off. :)

Yes, it is the computer in Veggie Tales, but I was referring to the real definition.Basically saying "way to master the modern day keyboard". :)My DD used Qwerty as a Q word for her letter sheet in kindergarten (and yes, she can tell you that it is the name of the keyboard, not the computer on Veggie Tales). Well, her teacher didn't know what it was either and she had to teach her class!

My DH laptop is missing some buttons. I try to type on it and miss. Good thing I have my own:D Now if I can just get used to not putting my wrists down and making my curser move two sentences up and I keep typing and then have to go back and do it again:blushing:

raebates said:
Kacey, being a bit naive isn't anything to be ashamed of. I wish more of our young people were naive.

I type quickly and usually fairly accurately. Thankfully, I don't have a fear of tests, so I tend to test well. I think the last typing test I had I tested about 83 wpm. That's been about four years ago, though. I type on a daily basis, so it's probably a bit faster than that now.

I'm one of the weirdos who liked typing class. I had been typing since fifth grade, so I was light years ahead of the other students. Since I was living in a home where it was clear that it was important to prove yourself superior to everyone else, typing became one of my favorite classes. I could coast a bit and still earn my parents' praise.

Yeah, I've got issues. ;)
Gesundheit! ;)

janetupnorth said:
Yes, it is the computer in Veggie Tales, but I was referring to the real definition.

Basically saying "way to master the modern day keyboard". :)

My DD used Qwerty as a Q word for her letter sheet in kindergarten (and yes, she can tell you that it is the name of the keyboard, not the computer on Veggie Tales). Well, her teacher didn't know what it was either and she had to teach her class!

Great, I'm dumber than an 8 year old! :) LOL

Kitchen Diva said:
I should make you a placemat like my mom made for me! :)
is it a typewriter?? or did it tell you not to skip typing class?? ha ha :)

KellARooni said:

I'm am completely impressed... you bet KG, Ann and the other super-smart-know-it-all nerds out there to explaining QWERTY!!! Way to go, Kelly!!!

Katie, you disappear, the out of nowhere, you are back!!! :)

Sleeping kids and DH will do that for ya! Life's pretty stressful over on this side of I-75 right now and today was a "take it hour-by-hour" day. Why am I not surprised that I'm finding you up this late???

ETA... and so of course I'm not surprised at all to realize that since you are up and you know I am, I should go check my email!!

what's ETA stand for?

Estimated Time of Arrival... ;)

But in this case means 'edited to add' ;)

kcjodih said:
But in this case means 'edited to add' ;)

That's what I wanted to know I knew about estimated time of arrival. :)

Katie Dooley!!! where have you been girl???? Good to "see" ya!

Kitchen Diva said:
That's what I wanted to know I knew about estimated time of arrival. :)

LOL! Guess that lets you know how much I know about message boards!! LOL!

KellARooni
Has anyone ever told you that you look like a young Maureen McCormick?

No?? I am going to google her to see if that is a compilment!:D

I googled her...now that I know she was Marcia...yes...I have gotten that one before! Thank you!!

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia~!

I have a new nickname for you! :)

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that specializes in high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and cooking accessories.

2. What is the testing process like for a staffing agency?

The testing process for a staffing agency typically involves a combination of skills assessments, such as typing and data entry tests, as well as interviews and background checks.

3. Can the testing be done at home?

Some staffing agencies may allow you to complete the testing portion of their application process at home, while others may require you to come into their office or a designated testing center.

4. What is KSPH?

KSPH stands for key strokes per hour, which is a measure of typing speed used in data entry and administrative roles.

5. How can someone improve their typing and data entry skills?

Practicing regularly and using a comfortable and familiar keyboard can help improve typing and data entry skills. Additionally, taking typing courses or using online resources can also help increase speed and accuracy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • Intrepid_Chef