• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing a Successful Multivendor Fair: Any Tips?

In summary, the organizer is considering charging vendors for table space and giving each vendor a "spotlight" time to talk about their business.
katie0128
Silver Member
:confused: I have a friend who is thinking about organizing a multivendor fair to raise money for her church's youth group. She is thinking about asking vendors to donate a % of commissions vs. charging a fee for table space. She was also thinking about giving each vendor 15-30 minutes of "spotlight" time to do a talk/demo/etc.
I have only done one multivendor fair and it wasn't organized very well. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this? Even though this isn't my church, the organizer is a good friend, so I'm sure I'll end up helping her...

I would charge a fee. That way they know what they're getting.

And to make sure the organization gets their money! It would be easy to skip out on that. I know most people are honest, but you never know......

I've done a few of these and for one, we didn't pay, but provided a few door prizes and they sold raffle tickets. The other, we paid $30 each. I think that's better because I didn't get enough orders that they would have gotten $30 with a fundraiser...

I have such a hard time trusting people. Make sure you know for a fact that your hard earned money is going towards the church. I've been asked to take part in a similar type of function but not for charity - just multi-vendor. I still haven't decided if I'm going to participate.

The one's I've been doing a table cost $10 and then they also want either 10 or 15% of sales.

lsm72 said:
I have such a hard time trusting people. Make sure you know for a fact that your hard earned money is going towards the church. I've been asked to take part in a similar type of function but not for charity - just multi-vendor. I still haven't decided if I'm going to participate.

The organizer is a good friend of mine and is very involved with the youth group. Regardless of how we do the $, I suggested that she tell vendors to make checks out to the church (and to not accept cash from vendors) that way there is no question where the money is going!

I would advise your friend to instead ask each vendor to donate a gift to be used in a silent auction that goes to benefitting the church. Muti-vendor fairs are fabulous if each vendor is truly dedicated to their business and has a good client base to invite.

Last edited:

What is a Multivendor Fundraiser/Fair?

A Multivendor Fundraiser/Fair is an event where multiple vendors come together to sell their products and raise money for a specific cause or organization. It is a great way to support local businesses while also supporting a good cause.

How do I participate as a vendor in a Multivendor Fundraiser/Fair?

To participate as a vendor in a Multivendor Fundraiser/Fair, you will need to contact the event organizer and inquire about vendor opportunities. Usually, there will be a registration fee and you will be required to provide a percentage of your sales to the fundraiser/charity.

Can I sell any type of product at a Multivendor Fundraiser/Fair?

The types of products that can be sold at a Multivendor Fundraiser/Fair may vary depending on the event. Some fairs may have specific guidelines on the types of products that can be sold, while others may be open to all types of products. It is best to check with the event organizer for any restrictions.

How can I promote my participation in a Multivendor Fundraiser/Fair?

You can promote your participation in a Multivendor Fundraiser/Fair by utilizing social media, creating flyers or posters, and word of mouth. You can also collaborate with the event organizer and other vendors to cross-promote each other's participation in the event.

What are the benefits of participating in a Multivendor Fundraiser/Fair?

Participating in a Multivendor Fundraiser/Fair can provide several benefits for vendors, such as increased exposure to potential customers, networking opportunities with other vendors, and the satisfaction of supporting a good cause. It can also be a great way to showcase your products and increase sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • jigsmom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies