• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing a Show? Here's What You Need to Know

In summary, Jaye uses a tri-fold that she gets from her change-over kit, she slides a catalog, order form and door prize slip into the big pocket, she has a black flip chart with special offers and a special flyer for her stoneware in the little slash pocket, and she includes a 101 uses for stoneware sticker on the folder.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I'm not sure where this topic belongs... anyway... what do all of you include in your show folders beyone the catalog and order form?

I use the tri-fold that they send in our change-over kit and slice them in to three pocket folders (I've been saving them and have orderd a few more - much cheaper than buying a lap-board!). Inside the big pocket I put the catalog and an order form, inside the little slash pocket I put my business card and an ink pen. Sometimes I add extra stuff - like last month I had the discontinued list and price increase list; this month I have the prices for the stoneware. Sometimes I include a little advertisement that I may be using for booking specials. That's pretty much it. I try not to over do it with the paper, I want them to focus on the catalog and the order-form!

Hope this helps,
Linda

foldersI buy the 3 ring binder from staples or who ever carries (at the time) the cheapest ones with the clear view panel on both front and back
I cut the 3 ring part off of the front and back and viola.....you have to lap boards!!! I slide the host benefits flyer in the clear front (keep it there all the time for each show) and on the other side of the board you have the short pocket. There I have a catalog, order form and door prize slip. I keep it simple. I have my black flip chart that has the guest and host specials in as well as the new cutlery and cookware flyer. People love them because they have something to write on when doing their order. I like it because they are easy to keep filled. After doing PC for 8 years, I finally found (2 years ago) this best way for me

I like both your ideas for improvising on the lapboards:) I've been using brown file folders for over 4 years now, & have been debating on if I want to change. Both of these ideas are an inexpensive way to do lapboards which give the guests something easier to write on.
I like to keep it simple too...I include the catty, order form, & one other paper that changes every few months. Now I have these 2 actually I've been putting in; can't take the credit though, I just edited a couple things I got here!
Well, the second one won't attach...I got it from here though, I combined the flyers that list the top 10 reasons to host a show & top 10 to not host a show.

Attachments

• Once Upon a Consultant (2) (2)[1].doc
    2.6 KB · Views: 510
Lacy, I love your Consultant story, has it brought you any business?

BNORCROSS said:
Lacy, I love your Consultant story, has it brought you any business?

Well, I'll let ya know;) I've just been using it for about a month...my host tomorrow is thinking about it & if I could only get ahold of another gal that was at my last show....who doesn't have an answering machine this day & age?

I love it! I have never seen that before! Thanks for sharing it!

Jaye :)

I also include a 2 sided guest/host special flier, and an opp brochure. Have been wondering if I should include next month's special too for bookings? Though...am pretty full on fall, so I'm happy to fill up with catalogs at this pt...got 2 off my show last night.

I bought 97 cent binders at Wally World and cut in half. Works great and cheaper than lap boards!

I use..2 pocket folders. The kind with the notches in it for your business card on one side. On the side of the biz card, I put in 101 uses for your stoneware (since so many people think it's just for pizza). On the other side I put the catalog, order form and guest special flyer. Then I have a sticker at the same level as the business card on the folder that says "I Earn 20-30 per hour working pc alongside a full time career and being a mom". then others I have "ask me about our Fundraiser program". Both have generated a lot of interest since I've put them in there.

Liz, do you have a copy of the 101 uses for stoneware? Is it different than the 30 ways in 30 days?

I bought the lap boards when I frist started but I only bought six at the time, I have been doing this since may of this year now my show attendance is increasing so I have to decided if I want to buy six more what I need to do. But what I have in mine is an Order form, the guest specail and the host specail, the catalog and a business card!! and a pen to write with

Besides catalog and order form, I am putting the SS brochure and a little quarter sheet (printed in color) that says,

Referral Bonuses
$25 in Pampered Chef products for each person you refer that signs up to be a consultant!
$15 in Pampered Chef products for each person you refer that books a show!

I make sure to point out the referral bonus to those who turn me down for bookings.
I also give these referral sheets to catalog show hosts.

cat said:
Besides catalog and order form, I am putting the SS brochure and a little quarter sheet (printed in color) that says,

Referral Bonuses
$25 in Pampered Chef products for each person you refer that signs up to be a consultant!

I make sure to point out the referral bonus to those who turn me down for bookings.

Cat, these are great...sounds like what I am doing for the fundraiser I'm conducting, but I put qualifiers on them...I don't give the $$ until the consultant qualifies or the booking actually happens. Then I don't have to pay on the ones that flake out. Just a thought.

You are all so helpful!!!THANKS so much for all the wonderful ideas! I'm sorting out and deciding what to try and then will just see what works best. My mind is so much more settled knowing that I've not left out anything important! Each one of you is so valuable to me! Be blessed as you have blessed!

I use lapboards. Only drawback is that they are a little heavy. So, I carry 10 into a show with me and I have a plastic case (my mobile office)that I leave the rest in my car and have them if I need them.

Did you order the lapboards from Merrill?

I ordered my lapboards from merril, I am not sure if I am creative enough to cut a three ring binder into two differnt peices and turn it into a lapborad for a show or not. What try fold are you guys talking about I didn't recive one in my changeover kit.

Same here Leah!!! I am pretty spazzy!! LOL

mommyhugz1978 said:
I ordered my lapboards from merril, I am not sure if I am creative enough to cut a three ring binder into two differnt peices and turn it into a lapborad for a show or not. What try fold are you guys talking about I didn't recive one in my changeover kit.

You literally just take a pair of scissors, and cut down the part where there's a joint in the material. Not hard at all...and I am the world's biggest klutz :)

Hmmmm.....sounds easy enough! I'll have to try it!

I made my own lap boards I got the binders from Sam's club they were a lot cheaper!!!! It is very easy when you see how much money you can save by doing it yourself it makes it that much easier!!

Love the Merrill lapboards--one side has the registry info and the other has show material.

Me Too...
pamperedlinda said:
I use the tri-fold that they send in our change-over kit and slice them in to three pocket folders (I've been saving them and have orderd a few more - much cheaper than buying a lap-board!). I try not to over do it with the paper, I want them to focus on the catalog and the order-form!

Hope this helps,
Linda

I do the same thing, Linda. I bought older Celebrations folders from some other consultants. I put the catalog, order form, and an opportunity brochure in there. Sometimes I add paper or an index card for the game we're playing. In the current Theme Show Folder I slip a recipe card. I ask who has it, explain the current themes, and tell the person they get to keep the recipe card. I usually joke that the folders give them something to look at in case I'm boring or my recipe doesn't turn out as pretty. :D

I also turn my opportunity brochure around to slip it in the recipe pocket of the folder. That way the guest can see at first glance everything they get if they sign on. ;)

Becca

Well it sounds easy enough maybe its that It hs the PC logo on it that makes me want to buy them :)

now would you consider a lap board and a clip board the same thing cause my husband gets me free clip boards from his work.
So before my demo starts i hand out the clip boards with the wish list on it and tell them to circle any item that they see that they may want then after the demo when i hand out the show folders i use those ones you can get for like 3 cents at walmart with the three prongs in the middle and so i have page protecters in there with that months special the next months special and then the flyer about the heart trivet.

Stephanie S.

Clipboards would work!

101 uses for stonesHere's my flyer

Attachments

• 101 stones.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 487
Thanks for the flyer, Liz! I am scared someone is going to ask me what one of them is and I won't know!!

cat said:

Referral Bonuses

Cat may I get a copy of your refferal Bonuses sheet. Thanks

I use file folders, which I learned when I heard Tom Marston speak a couple of weeks ago. I put little labels on the tabs that say Pampered Chef and have my name and phone number, so it's ready to go into their personal filing system when they get home. I tell them they can put all of their receipts and the most current catalog in it, for their future reference.

I put the order form, the specials, and a couple of opportunity fliers in mine. I have the catalogs handed out after my demo is complete.

Kim, you must share more about Tom's speech! I can only dream of doing what he's done :D

Omarakeen said:
Cat may I get a copy of your refferal Bonuses sheet. Thanks

Here it is. I just print them out in color and cut them into 1/4 sheets to put in the folders. Oh and I stamp my info on the back of each 1/4 sheet so that people don't try to redeem them through other consultants.

Attachments

• Referral Bonuses.doc
    20 KB · Views: 389
I have someone that practically handed me a recruit, but I don't know what to give her since it is a recruit instead of a host!

Give her some sort of credit!

She is having a show with me right now, so I thought I could give her a little extra something on her host order. On the other hand this lady could not sign, and then I would be out the gift.

Wait to give the gift until after the recruit signs...maybe you can add it to her host order?

I don't want to push the recruit, but she is fairly sure that she wants to sign, and I don't want to wait so long that my friend/consultant forgets that she handed her to me.

gilliandanielle said:
She is having a show with me right now, so I thought I could give her a little extra something on her host order. On the other hand this lady could not sign, and then I would be out the gift.
I meant after the recruit qaulifies.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :)

KimmyDarling said:
I use file folders, which I learned when I heard Tom Marston speak a couple of weeks ago. I put little labels on the tabs that say Pampered Chef and have my name and phone number, so it's ready to go into their personal filing system when they get home. I tell them they can put all of their receipts and the most current catalog in it, for their future reference.

I put the order form, the specials, and a couple of opportunity fliers in mine. I have the catalogs handed out after my demo is complete.

Yes, please share any other ideas from Tom that we haven't heard:)
I use the file folders too...maybe because I'm cheap! I tell them they can use the folder to file....or stick it in their drawer under their silverware tray; that way their receipts for the kitchen products are in their kitchen. (plus they can hide how much they spend from their hubby!:p )

gilliandanielle said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :)
You're too funny! Just me, personally, I offer $50 for a recruit referral and $25 for shows. It hasn't really done anything yet, b ut now that I've got Belinda's words to use... WATCH OUT!!!!

I don't really know what to do because my firend (the CM consultant- all this went down at my CM party) was talking to my neighbor (her friend that I met at the CM's consultants PC party) about how great home based businesses are and that she should be a CM/PC consultant. The neighbor said that she doesn't scrapbook, so she wouldn't be a CM consultant, so if she had to pick she would pick PC. I waited until my friend (the CM consultant) left, then gave the neighbor some info about PC. She said she was really excited to look it over and would talk to her DH. I am going to call her to follow up tomorrow, but I want to give my friend credit for talking up direct sales. On her drawing slip at the PC show she marked no for both questions, so she wasn't even thinking about selling until my friend brought it up!!

Well, you could offer your friend the opp, and the other girl as part of her downline...

Offer the CM consultant the opp? She has her hands full with CM! I need my neighbor as part of my downline!! Director here I come!

Did you ever ask her? Maybe she isn't too busy.

mommyhugz1978 said:
Well it sounds easy enough maybe its that It hs the PC logo on it that makes me want to buy them :)

Leah ~

If you buy the white binders with the clear plastic covers, you can insert specials, recruiting, theme show info, etc. on the outside of the board and then place all of your show info in the pocket on the guest facing side. As far a the logo, order them from Nancy's or Merrill and attach them.

I didn't think the Merrill ones were too expensive for the quality that they are. I love being able to load them before the show and know they'll hold up time after time. I have had them for over a year I think and they still look brand new! I clean mine up with a magic eraser and everything comes right off.

gilliandanielle said:
I didn't think the Merrill ones were too expensive for the quality that they are. I love being able to load them before the show and know they'll hold up time after time. I have had them for over a year I think and they still look brand new! I clean mine up with a magic eraser and everything comes right off.
I love the Merrill ones, too! I only take in 10 to the Host's home, and have the rest in my car. Much easier that way.

Would be much cheeper than buying the lapboards through merrill that are expensive. Thanks for the tip though

PCGINA said:
Leah ~

If you buy the white binders with the clear plastic covers, you can insert specials, recruiting, theme show info, etc. on the outside of the board and then place all of your show info in the pocket on the guest facing side. As far a the logo, order them from Nancy's or Merrill and attach them.

While I like the Merril ones, I'd love if they were smaller like with PL.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• otisbg
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
  • talkintrac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PWoods
Replies