• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organize & Enhance Your Product Display: Ideas & Tips

In summary, In my trade show, I am bringing extra boxes (to put underneath my TableCloth for add height to my display). I bring my most popular products, the current monthly specials, DRAWING SLIPS, catalogues and order forms, and a Draw Box (usually for a Free Cooking Show). I want to bring some framed posters about Stoneware and hopefully get some orders.....Other than that, I am out of ideas. I would sure like to add some excitement to my Display. I have a tradeshow on Friday AND on Saturday.
jrny2001
Silver Member
How do you all display products at your shows?
I think my display is very disorganized, flat and boring.:yuck:
I never seem to set it up the same way twice.
Any suggestions - (even pictures of your display would be even better!)

I try to bring only what I need for the recipe, so I don't have much to display. Everything gets used!

jrny2001 said:
How do you all display products at your shows?
I think my display is very disorganized, flat and boring.:yuck:
I never seem to set it up the same way twice.
Any suggestions - (even pictures of your display would be even better!)

LOL - you sound *just* like me.

Mine is never up the same way each time, either. I am actually thinking of taking less products to shows. How does everyone do it?.....lugging all the products is getting to my poor old body! How many trips in do you make?

TradeShow DisplayFor my TradeShow on Friday, I am going to bring extra boxes (to put underneath my TableCloth for add height to my display). I bring my most popular products, the current monthly specials, DRAWING SLIPS, catalogues and order forms, and a Draw Box (usually for a Free Cooking Show).

I want to bring some framed posters about Stoneware and hopefully get some orders.....

.......other than that, I am out of ideas. I would sure like to add some excitement to my Display. I have a tradeshow on Friday AND on Saturday.

My Show DisplayFor at a Cooking Show, it seems to change depending on what the Host's kitchen/living room set-up is like.

I usually have the products I will use for the recipe, plus about 5 of my favs (personal or top sellers) - ALWAYS including Cookware. :) I let the Customers pass the products (not being used in the recipe) around to feel and try them out.

I have my Tabletop Flip Chart, plus a Guest Folder to help them with the products, specials, etc. Plus my laptop

I put my TTA and any products I am using for the demo on the table and in front of the table I cover my rolling tote with a dish towel (seasonal) and display a few other things (8" saute' pan, a small galzed stone, the trivet and a cookbook or 2) other than that I don't bring much more.

My displays are getting slim, too, since I have REALLY cut back what I am taking to shows. It still seems like I have a ton of stuff to take, but it's really what I need for the recipe. I am NOT even bringing my TTA anymore, only the tools out of it that I need.

Last night this was what I had other than recipe tools:
Large Family Executive Skillet/Lid (bring to every show)
3 cookbooks (I used to bring them all...now I bring only our two newest and All The Best)
Seasonal towels/twixits/a scraper (to show the colors)
Small SS saute pan
Green tomato knife (I don't know why, but it seems like someone at EVERY show asks to see this in person!)

I just put these out on the coffee table in the LR....we were doing a hands on demo in the kitchen. After the hands on demo, we went out to the LR for the rest of my "talk" and for their cattys. Mind you, here is my list of products that we used for the recipe:

Deep Covered Baker
3 small SA for cheddar, green onions, bacon
small bamboo spoons for above
Food chopper
Garlic press
Spiral whisk
Ladle
Bamboo spoon
Med s/s bowl (for potatoes and broth)
Salt pepper mill
Measure all cup
Prep bowls
Smooth edge can opener
Santoku
Knife honer
Additional knife
Ultimate mandolin
Two cutting boards
Handy scraper
Kitchen Shears
Small square/small SA for display serving of soup

Kelly... how did the interactive format go for you?

I use the old red crate on my display stand. I lay it sideways so I can put products inside and on top. I've seen people use the stackable cooling rack to put products on to make height.

quiverfull7 said:
Kelly... how did the interactive format go for you?
Hmmmm....not bad, but not the way I want it to!

You know how it is when you totally change something like that. You have to have a "practice run" and then work the kinks out.

Everyone liked it...I thought it was harder to keep their attention. With 9 guests (two were kids, one 9 and one 13 who both wanted to do EVERYTHING) there was never really a time when everyone was busy doing something. So, with idle time, they started chit chatting, instead of watching the other people or helping the other people! (Imagine that...socializing at a party....what were they thinking!!:eek: :rolleyes: )

I am really looking forward to our training DVD on these shows. I REALLY think it will be super! I just need to work out the kinks. I loved, loved, loved that I had more time to visit with my host since I didn't have to do any pre-prep! I just set up the "stations", products, and ingredients before the show.

Display changes depending on the area in the host's house. I try to only bring what I'm using, so there isn't that much to display.

does anyone take a table with them sometimes?

No, never have taken a table.

I wanted to know who takes tables also. My first cluster meeting I went to, several of the directors said they take tables AND one of the electric hot plate things. Anyone else recommend this? :confused:

I don't take a table...I took an electric hotplate ONCE to do the shrimp crostini things...the dang hotplate didn't heat up enough to cook the shrimp so we ended up switching to the stove anyway -- never brought the hotplate since then.

I am using an electric hotplate this month, because my theme is soup. I couldn't do soup and be in the kitchen away from guests. It heats quickly and kept me in front of the guests. At my last show, I had the two 9 year olds cut the celery and carrots with the food chopper. I have always loved the interactive shows.

I use a table. It's 2x4 I think which goes to counter top height. My back kills me if I have to bend over a short table - I'm 5'9. This table fits in very tight spaces too. I put my TTA on one end and the flip chart binder on the other. I use the PC table cloth and store my rolling tote underneath as well as my crate w/a paper trash bag for trash on one side and put my dirty dishes on the other. I use the cooling rack on top so I can put some tools underneath it. I then put only the items I need for the recipe on the table. Some products I keep underneath on top of the rolling tote.

The products I bring that I don't need for my recipe I will sit on the dinning table or on coffee tables depending on where I do the demo. I always bring the Deep Covered Baker, seasonal linens, some Simple Additions, and any other new products I can fit in my rolling tote or the carrying bag which sits on top. I always start w/what I need for the recipe and then take extras if I can. I also ask the host if there is something she wants to see.

I try to get people engaged in helping, but they usually just want to sit there. They just want to watch me do it. I always give away tickets for a drawing for participation, but that also includes tips on the products. I do find they listen better if I'm just doing the demo, so I will have to see how the hands on demo DVD works.

I hope this helps.

I ask my host for either a table or counter top to set up on. If they don't have that, I bring a table with me. I used to have a regular folding table but I forgot it one night and purchased a more portable table that fits in my trunk. That always stays in there. Just in case I get to a host's house and they tell me I can use their coffee table to set up on (yes, that happened), then I grasiously offer to grab my table from the car.

I keep a fold-up 1/2 size card table in my van all the time. The display has been on the coffee table, the kitchen table, card table, the kitchen counter, w/the inter-active demo close by and sometimes on the same table. It is always great when a helpful hubby carries the crates, totes,etc. in. :D I do like taking my extra TTA for the tools I need (but of course I am the one that takes lots of tools, just incase someone wants to see them....and they do....so I have a lot to put in the dishwasher when I get home.) I have sold more TTAs because I had mine w/me.

This is what I think I might start doing. Bring everything from my New Consultant Kit and set it up on a table (card table or something) separate from where we will do the recipes. That way, I can point out that this is everything you will get in your kit if you sign. Then, since I plan to do the interactive shows, I will only bring my TTA and tools needed for the recipes. After I point out the kit, I can take what I need off it for the recipes. Hopefully it will cut down on what I bring and entice some recruits.

reba515 said:
I put my TTA and any products I am using for the demo on the table and in front of the table I cover my rolling tote with a dish towel (seasonal) and display a few other things (8" saute' pan, a small galzed stone, the trivet and a cookbook or 2) other than that I don't bring much more.

That is all I do at my shows. Other than that is too much. They can see everything in the catalog. If they want an in person look, have them book a show & bring it then.

I keep a card table in my trunk for times when I get to a host house and there isn't good space.

BUT the new interactive shows...everyone has a kitchen table! and they won't need a lot of chair space since they'll be standing around the table! I think it's gonna be great!

I only take what I need for the demo, and the 8'' saute pans, and usually some cookbooks. I like setting the cookbooks out on the coffee table, or where ever the guests will be sitting and chatting so they can browse through them. I also bring spices, and pass them around for them to smell. Cookbooks and spices are something they have to experience to know if they want to buy them or not.

I try to make recipes that show the current guest special and the host special for the month I want to book. So I'm already bringing it, and it isn't an extra thing to bring.
The catalog shows the products very good, and I agree with Stacy they can book a show and see it in action at their show if I don't have it!
And often one of the guests will say, " OH i have that, it's great!"

I used to set up a display with the crate and decorate it nice...too time consuming and I end up carrying more things.

KellyTheChef said:
My displays are getting slim, too, since I have REALLY cut back what I am taking to shows. It still seems like I have a ton of stuff to take, but it's really what I need for the recipe. I am NOT even bringing my TTA anymore, only the tools out of it that I need.

I too have cut back on what I bring to shows, basically what is in the new cons. kit plus any additional tools I need for a recipe.

I was considering not bringing the TTA to shows either, do you think customers really care that there is less to see?

Me personally, I feel like my TTA is like my right arm! I can't be without it either at home or at a show...everything is in there!

If I use my Mix N Scraper...I pass the others around.

If I'm stirring or chopping...something rather boring...i pick something - like the Ice Cream Dipper - that I'm not demoing, and pass it around and guest start talking about it.

CROSS SELL! ! !

jrny2001 said:
I too have cut back on what I bring to shows, basically what is in the new cons. kit plus any additional tools I need for a recipe.

I was considering not bringing the TTA to shows either, do you think customers really care that there is less to see?

I still have quite a bit that I am bringing (depending on the recipe, and I always ask the host if there is something in particular that she wants to see) and if there is something they are asking about either usually I can answer a question about it, a guest has it and can answer, or if they REALLY just have to see it to buy it, I tell them that I will bring it to their show!

I have not noticed any drop in sales since doing this. Saturday night the two things people asked about were things that I would have NEVER brought....the hand held drainer/strainer thing and our deep dish pie plate. I was able to answer their questions about them anyhow. (Mostly asking about the size/quality)

There is a at least one guest if not 4 or 5 who want to see something from my TTA that they add on to thier order. It's fairly easy with the bag to take it so I do bring it to each show. I am, however, taking FAR less along with me now. I'm not even bringing everything in the new cons. kit. The photo on the catalog is super for that. I've found that for that first year when I set up a display along with the demo, noone really even realizes that the display is there and it just meant longer set up and take down time. I do ask the host during host coaching is there is a particular piece that she wants to see or any RSVP'd guest has asked about and I'll bring that if she has something. Otherwise, on the awesome advise of many here on CS... I've pared it down considerably and I love it! I couldn't believe how quickly my packing up time was last Saturday when I only had 3 or 4 items that I had not used in the demo to pack up.

HA Kelly I think you and I were typing at the same time! :) Great minds MUST think alike!!!!!!! I hope!

ChefNic said:
I keep a card table in my trunk for times when I get to a host house and there isn't good space.

BUT the new interactive shows...everyone has a kitchen table! and they won't need a lot of chair space since they'll be standing around the table! I think it's gonna be great!

I only take what I need for the demo, and the 8'' saute pans, and usually some cookbooks. I like setting the cookbooks out on the coffee table, or where ever the guests will be sitting and chatting so they can browse through them. I also bring spices, and pass them around for them to smell. Cookbooks and spices are something they have to experience to know if they want to buy them or not.

I try to make recipes that show the current guest special and the host special for the month I want to book. So I'm already bringing it, and it isn't an extra thing to bring.
The catalog shows the products very good, and I agree with Stacy they can book a show and see it in action at their show if I don't have it!
And often one of the guests will say, " OH i have that, it's great!"

I used to set up a display with the crate and decorate it nice...too time consuming and I end up carrying more things.

I wouldn't guarantee that everyone has a kitchen table. I lived on my own for over 4 years without a kitchen table! I've ran into several hosts that didn't have a table either. It's always safe to ask first, I had a show last week that the host was waiting for her furniture to come so there was noway for everyone to sit in the living room.

KellyTheChef said:
I still have quite a bit that I am bringing (depending on the recipe, and I always ask the host if there is something in particular that she wants to see) and if there is something they are asking about either usually I can answer a question about it, a guest has it and can answer, or if they REALLY just have to see it to buy it, I tell them that I will bring it to their show!

I have not noticed any drop in sales since doing this. Saturday night the two things people asked about were things that I would have NEVER brought....the hand held drainer/strainer thing and our deep dish pie plate. I was able to answer their questions about them anyhow. (Mostly asking about the size/quality)

Thanks! There are some shows when all they want to see are the things I left at home..think they do this on purpose???;)

I'm happy for the feed back. I'm reassured that's it's ok to take less.

quiverfull7 said:
There is a at least one guest if not 4 or 5 who want to see something from my TTA that they add on to thier order. It's fairly easy with the bag to take it so I do bring it to each show. I am, however, taking FAR less along with me now. I'm not even bringing everything in the new cons. kit. The photo on the catalog is super for that. I've found that for that first year when I set up a display along with the demo, noone really even realizes that the display is there and it just meant longer set up and take down time. I do ask the host during host coaching is there is a particular piece that she wants to see or any RSVP'd guest has asked about and I'll bring that if she has something. Otherwise, on the awesome advise of many here on Chef Success... I've pared it down considerably and I love it! I couldn't believe how quickly my packing up time was last Saturday when I only had 3 or 4 items that I had not used in the demo to pack up.

Great advice. Thanks!

Now, how do you set up your demo area?

I try to remember to ask the host if I need a table or not. If I forget, I just bring one and then see what the house layout is when I get there. I have also used an electric hotplate from time to time depending on the recipe. I've never had any trouble with mine.

I always bring along my 2 x 4 table. It's lightweight, and easy for me to take along. This way I'm covered if the host doesn't have a surface that's easy for me to use. Since I'm not actually cooking, my set-up may be different than most.I bring along a few cooling racks to add height and extra surface for display. I always bring the TTA. It goes on one of the cooling racks. Generally I pick a place away from my table for the spices and the cookbooks. I've had several compliments on the set-up.

What are some ideas and tips for organizing and enhancing product displays at Pampered Chef shows?

1. Use varying heights and levels: Utilize risers, shelves, and other props to create visual interest and make your product display more dynamic.

2. Group products by category: Organize your products in a way that makes sense, such as grouping all baking items together or all tools for a specific task.

3. Utilize color and texture: Use colorful linens, baskets, and other display items to add pops of color and texture to your display.

4. Keep it simple: Avoid clutter and overwhelming your customers by keeping your display clean and uncluttered. Only showcase a few key products at a time.

5. Use pictures or videos: Consider using pictures or videos to showcase products in use or to demonstrate their features. This can help bring your display to life and engage customers.

How can I improve my disorganized and boring product display?

1. Start with a plan: Before setting up your display, plan out the layout and which products you want to feature. This will help you create a more cohesive and organized display.

2. Use props and decor: Incorporate props and decor that reflect the theme or purpose of your products. This can add visual interest and make your display more appealing.

3. Keep it visually balanced: Make sure your display is visually balanced by evenly distributing products and using varying heights and levels.

4. Get feedback: Ask for feedback from colleagues or customers on your display. They may have suggestions on how to improve it.

5. Continuously update and refresh: Don't be afraid to change up your display regularly to keep it fresh and interesting for returning customers.

Do you have any pictures of your product display for inspiration?

Please note that I am unable to provide pictures as I do not work for Pampered Chef. However, a quick search online or on social media platforms may provide some visual inspiration for product displays.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gingertannery
  • Swirl