• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oopps, Forgot to Buy Chicken Broth

In summary, Amanda was trying to make a dish that called for chicken broth, but she had run out. She substituted bouillon cubes for chicken broth, and then had to make other substitutions because she didn't have some of the ingredients called for in the recipe. Overall, the dish was good, but she would make it differently next time.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm out of chicken broth, but I do have bouillon cubes. How many cups of broth is in a 14.5 oz can? I'm just trying to figure out how many cubes and how much water to use to substitute.

almost 2 cups in 14.5 oz. (2 cups is 16 oz)
Bouillon can be saltier than chicken broth, so becareful not to add to much extra salt to the recipe.

Thanks, I was thinking it was just shy of 2 cups, but wasn't positive. I am kind of nervous to go ahead and make this. I'm making the Speedy Pork Fried Rice. I also had just run out of the Asian seasoning and so I followed the substitution recommendation at the bottom of the recipe card. Of course, I also didn't have fresh ginger root on hand, so I had to substitute that for the dry kind (I used less). So here my recipe is full of substitutions! :rolleyes: Also, the recipe called for salt and I had just put it in w/ the pork, and the substitution called for salt, so I put that in w/ the meat. So then the next step mentioned the broth and I thought, "Oh NO!"Needless to say, I served the kids chicken nuggets and sliced pears and I'm waiting on my dinner. DH works late, so I tend to cook later now. At this point, I might as well wait for him and ask him to pick up a can of broth on his way home. :rolleyes: :)

I really enjoyed this dish... If it needs a little something because of the substitutions... add the spicy peanut sauce - YUM!

Amanda, I only use the bullion cubes and dont ever leave the salt out of recipes. I have yet to do the pork and rice recipe but mine always turn out fine.

I ended up making it w/ chicken broth. DH called and we needed a couple other things, so he made a quick trip to the store. We ate at 9:30!! I can't wait for school to start, I'll be so much more normal and back on a schedule. The recipe was good. I think maybe next time I'd toast some almonds or put cashews or something in there just for fun and to have something a little crunchy.

A can of broth is 14 ounces NET WEIGHT, not FLUID OUNCES. I, too, am trying to find the FLUID OUNCES of a can of broth.

What is "Oopps, Forgot to Buy Chicken Broth"?

"Oopps, Forgot to Buy Chicken Broth" is a seasoning mix from Pampered Chef that can be used to make homemade chicken broth in just 10 minutes.

How do I use "Oopps, Forgot to Buy Chicken Broth"?

To use "Oopps, Forgot to Buy Chicken Broth", simply mix 1 tablespoon of the seasoning with 1 cup of hot water. Stir until the seasoning is dissolved, and your homemade chicken broth is ready to use in your favorite recipes.

Can I use "Oopps, Forgot to Buy Chicken Broth" as a substitute for store-bought chicken broth?

Yes, "Oopps, Forgot to Buy Chicken Broth" can be used as a substitute for store-bought chicken broth. It is a quick and easy way to make homemade broth without having to run to the store.

Is "Oopps, Forgot to Buy Chicken Broth" gluten-free?

Yes, "Oopps, Forgot to Buy Chicken Broth" is gluten-free. It is also free of artificial flavors, preservatives, and colors, making it a healthier alternative to store-bought broth.

How long does "Oopps, Forgot to Buy Chicken Broth" last?

"Oopps, Forgot to Buy Chicken Broth" has a shelf life of 2 years, so it can be stored in your pantry for a long time. However, for the best flavor, we recommend using it within 6 months of opening.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tjb11675
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bridedream
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Loveh20mi