1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales On Time drawing?

1. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I am having a horrible time getting my shows started on time.

I tried putting 6:57 p.m. on the invites instead of 7 p.m.--so they'd remember the time--and I've gotten a lot of "people think it's dumb" kind of feedback. My show on Saturday started 45 mins late because people were trickling in and two ladies got lost. :eek:

I remember way back when--when I went to my first PC show--the consultant did an on time drawing. I think she gave something small (citrus peeler or QK knife).

Anyone else do this?

Mar 12, 2006
  2. soonerchef

soonerchef Veteran Member

The on time drawing is a big thing with my cluster in Las Vegas and I know my director uses it all the time, especially with large shows and our cluster meetings. It works well for her and I think it's worth a try.

Mar 12, 2006
  3. DebbieSAChef

DebbieSAChef Senior Member

HEre is an idea

When I have a host who tells me that no one RSVP'd or not very many people did, I have her call them and tell them (or send an email) or even write it on the invites. First person to arrive gets FREE shipping. Also everyone who arrives before or on time is put into a drawing to win a prize!
    Prizes can be something I have extra or something I use for door prizes, like bamboo tongs, Season's best, etc
    Also you can mention to your hosts that out of respect for those who showed up on time, we should start when we said we would start, I mean I always allow like 10 min. sometimes. But no more than that. Get on with your intro, demo, and games!! I always do two demos, one is the big dish or appetizer the other is the dessert which is pretty much already done, and just requires a little decorating.
    I try to talk about hosting and recruiting throughout the show so even late people can hear about that!
    Debbie

Mar 13, 2006
  4. Paige Dixon

Paige Dixon Veteran Member

I haven't been on time for a thing in years, but my director has tremendous success with starting EVERY show EXACTLY on time. Even if it is just herself and the hostess, she'll start making the recipe with the hostess's help. You know, it is a SHOW. The movie show doesn't wait for everyone to show up, it starts when it's scheduled to start. There's something to be said for respecting the time of the guests and host who were on time.

Also, my director arrives at the host's house Mon-Thurs at 6:00, starts the show at exactly 6:30, and she is always home with her dishes already washed before 9:00. My kifd would love it if I could master that kind of schedule.

Mar 14, 2006
  5. amerg

amerg

I start my shows at 6:30pm now. It works out perfect, they are on time or there by 7pm and I am home by 9pm!
    AM

Mar 20, 2006
Have something to add?