• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Are the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker and Decorator Bottle Set on Stop Sell?

In summary, the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker (#1321) and Decorator Bottle Set (#1585) will no longer be available for sale due to high demand and limited inventory. Orders placed before October 16th will still be accepted and back ordered, but any orders placed after that date will not be accepted. These products will also be marked as "Not Available" on ordering pages and catalogs, with stickers provided for any already printed materials. Shipments of back ordered items are expected to be fulfilled by mid-November. The Decorator Bottle Set was featured in a magazine without the company's knowledge and is temporarily sold out. Customers should be informed of the situation and their contact information should be taken for future updates. The company apologizes
I had some DB come in today also. I've also had alot of people want to order the DBS at my last several shows. I feel so bad telling people they can't order them. I finally got my stickers in today so now at least I have those to put in my catalogues.

I received my bottles yesterday. Guess I will get my DCB soon.

I GOT MY BAKER AND I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE THAT CHICKEN! I feel like a dork! LOL

AJPratt said:
I GOT MY BAKER AND I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE THAT CHICKEN! I feel like a dork! LOL

What chicken? Whats the recipe? I have a Free chicken comming from Coborns here in MN. I wanted to earn the Turkey, but don't spend enough at Coborns to get it.

Schel

I had 2 poeple last night say they wanted the baker also I hope PC realizes that people are going on lists cause when it comes off back order they will be swamped with those orders
The chicken recipe is in the New SB cookbook

Jennie4PC said:
I hope PC realizes that people are going on lists cause when it comes off back order they will be swamped with those orders

That is one reason that it will take a while for it to be off the stop sell status. They want to be sure that they can cover those orders and have some left for new orders too. That's why they told us to not show or sell them at all during this time.

Jennie is right! I think its called the Juciest Chicken.

I know it's not productive to bash the company, but really now, not having enough of the Deep Covered Baker!! They'd have been smarter to not have enough of the Santoku knives!!

My decorator bottles & paring knives from my 9/29 show just came in on Tuesday..

Paige, You're right! And, IMHO, I don't think its bashing the company... its discussing the facts, really. Its not like you or I are making personal attacks or making things up--its the current situation. I think it stinks and you know, with this compay, we are used to a certain level of consistent performance and when that level dips, its glaringly obvious. Some people are used to sub-par, while we are used to near perfection, so in a way this is shocking to me that this happened. But, I know its not the end of the world and all will be right with the world soon!

I was surfing on Ebay for some Christmas things for my hubby, and decided to see what PC products are being featured. just interesting to me that these people think they are getting away with something. I found all of our decorator bottles. they are on ebay at outrageous prices. one person has 10 sets of them selling @ $23.99 each. it's people like that who make running our businesses difficult. just wanted to vent about this. all we can do is wait patiently for these items to become available again.

Some people have real nerve! Send the links to HO!

I'm kind of surprised by the ire in this thread... as though HO doesn't WANT to sell these items?

Has ANYONE heard when we might be able to start selling them again??

The last couple of times we had stop sell items, it was the next catalog at the earliest. One item ended up being completely discontinued. So I wouldn't anticipate having these available until March. If it's earlier, then that's a bonus.

My experience w/ past stop-sell items was one more of poor quality, not high sales....I'm thinking of the round woven tray, and the Chillzanne lunch container - the tray was redesigned and ready for the next catalog, and the chillzanne was taken out of the next catalog. In my time as a consultant, I can't remember a time when we had a Stop-Sell because sales so far exceeded supply.
I actually thing it is helping my sales! When I explain at shows about the quality of PC items, and how much in demand they are - it makes the whole line look more enticing - and everyone wants to be called when the stop-sell items are available again! ;)

button92 said:
I was surfing on Ebay for some Christmas things for my hubby, and decided to see what PC products are being featured. just interesting to me that these people think they are getting away with something. I found all of our decorator bottles. they are on ebay at outrageous prices. one person has 10 sets of them selling @ $23.99 each. it's people like that who make running our businesses difficult. just wanted to vent about this. all we can do is wait patiently for these items to become available again.

You know what burns me is the fact that alot of these people are consultants :mad:
Sending the link to HO helps but because of privacy laws, ebay CANNOT give out user information. It is very difficult for HO to find out who they are.
If they are not consultants they have every right to sell what they want; unfortunate for us, but its legal :(

ChefBeckyD said:
My experience w/ past stop-sell items was one more of poor quality, not high sales....I'm thinking of the round woven tray, and the Chillzanne lunch container - the tray was redesigned and ready for the next catalog, and the chillzanne was taken out of the next catalog. In my time as a consultant, I can't remember a time when we had a Stop-Sell because sales so far exceeded supply.
I actually thing it is helping my sales! When I explain at shows about the quality of PC items, and how much in demand they are - it makes the whole line look more enticing - and everyone wants to be called when the stop-sell items are available again! ;)

Since I signed on 2 years ago, I recall there being either a severe back order or a stop sell more than a couple of times due to inventory shortage. Remember the Cranberry Mini-Baker and the Chillzanne Rectangle Server stop sells? :(

I, too, am a bit frustrated with the current stop sell. I had a show where I gave the host her packet while it was just a back order. Her show didn't happen until after the stop sell went into effect. Then, at the show, I didn't have any catalogs with the new stickers - I hadn't placed a supply order. I made the HUGE mistake of not specifically mentioning the stop sell on the covered baker to my host. She is now angry beyond reason that she can't get it at her show discount.

Because I take the responsibility for not telling her, I am going to give it to her at her show discount and eat the cost. I'm not angry with HO about it, but I sure am frustrated that I can't get closure on this yet. I just want it to be available so I can get it to her and get away from it! Y'know? :(

Well I just stickered all my catalogs tonight. Believe it or not, it took me until about 3 weeks ago to have ANY requests for stop sell items, and then I had FOUR for the bottles. Darn, about $40 in orders and I was $90 short of SS3. I might have found $50 to buy but $90 was too much for me to get it.

I am hoping the stickers will draw attention and I can put them on my wait list for future orders.

Yea! Its over!!!!

And I turned in a show last night that I had to call and take the Bottles Off and the host had to scronge to reach the next level after that. Oh well, wish I had of known this yesterday!

At least now this customer can get them, she had been trying for two months.

jrstephens said:
And I turned in a show last night that I had to call and take the Bottles Off and the host had to scronge to reach the next level after that. Oh well, wish I had of known this yesterday!

At least now this customer can get them, she had been trying for two months.

I am soooo glad my show was delayed of closing. 1 of my customers wants 2 sets of decorating bottles :D

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
melissakc
  • gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
AJPratt