• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Are the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker and Decorator Bottle Set on Stop Sell?

In summary, the Cranberry Deep Covered Baker (#1321) and Decorator Bottle Set (#1585) will no longer be available for sale due to high demand and limited inventory. Orders placed before October 16th will still be accepted and back ordered, but any orders placed after that date will not be accepted. These products will also be marked as "Not Available" on ordering pages and catalogs, with stickers provided for any already printed materials. Shipments of back ordered items are expected to be fulfilled by mid-November. The Decorator Bottle Set was featured in a magazine without the company's knowledge and is temporarily sold out. Customers should be informed of the situation and their contact information should be taken for future updates. The company apologizes
Well put Lisa:)

Well... I just ordered mine.

I have a show scheduled for this Friday which won't close until after the 18th because the host will have money after the 18th so what do I do about the orders of $300 that she already has gotten for outside orders??? This is going to upset a lot of people. It makes us as consultants look bad. I did copy and paste the email from HO to an email to the host. But I will also announce it to the people at tomorrow's show. Just very depressing!

jrstephens said:
I agree. Although, I may vent and be frustrated on here does not mean I will let it show to my customers. I feel like here I can share my aggravations with other aggravated consultants.:p

I was going to just write the same thing...where else are we to vent? It's not like our spouses will really understand when we say "you know I can't believe that they put the DCB and DBS on stop sell!" My hubby would be saying "oookay, it's just kitchen stuff anyway...what's the big deal!"

I think this gift certificate idea is awesome! I have a host who has a goal of an over $1000 show because she has her wish list made out and wants everything but her host special for free! and she'll make it.. 2 weeks ago she was at $575 with outside orders and the show isn't until Nov 4th. I was worried that many might want the two stop sell items but I think suggesting the gift certs and maybe offering to help redeem them asap upon availability is the greatest way to keep our hosts with their sales and show we are doing all we can in customer care. Thanks SO much for that suggestion!!!!!!!

Question...I know the email said that shows submitted by Monday would be honored on the backorder. I have a catty show that was supposed to close 10/6 and now will close 10/13. That would be fine, right? That was how I understood it.
I know catty shows don't really have a "date" except the close date, but in this case, I should leave it at the original date correct? I would not think of changing a cooking show date EVER but I know sometimes our catty hosts take longer than they think and so I have to keep changing the close date. But at least they are still getting orders!!!

Lisa,

Your catalog show should be just fine. Just submit it before the cutoff.

GeorgiaPeach said:
Lisa,

Your catalog show should be just fine. Just submit it before the cutoff.
And date it when you were SUPPOSED to close it (10/6). The interpretation I am hearing is that the show must have been held by the 10th and submitted by the 16th to allow those orders to count toward the show.

So, is anyone going to use the stickers or just tell people its on hold?

AJPratt said:
So, is anyone going to use the stickers or just tell people its on hold?

I don't know either. Because when the stop sell is lifted, then what do you do about the stickers in all your catalogs? Not sure yet either.
Schel

What about if we put the stop sell sticker on like my lap boards and the order sheets?
Schel

I don't think I'll use the stickers. I'd prefer to simply mention it as an "if you want these 2 items order gift certificates and when they become available again I will help you order them".

On gift certificates I'm thinking of recommending that people order a $80 gift certificate for the baker which would pretty much cover the product as well as the direct shipping cost so the only extra they'd pay at that time would be taxes. For the decorator bottle set I'd have them order the minimum $20 and let them know that they will want to order some other small item and this will cover the product as well as taxes and shipping. Does anyone know if this will work? Can gift certificates be used to cover shipping and taxes?

Thanks Beth, that's how I took it too.

Anne, I think I'm skipping stickers for now. I only have 3 confirmed shows this month. These items haven't been huge yet for me. I think if they want it then maybe I will offer they should order a GC so that it would count towards the host's sales still. Unless it's the bottles. I'll play it by ear.

Since we don't really know how long these items are going to be on 'stop sell' I'm not ordering the stickers. I'll just make an announcement at my shows. For Catalog Shows, I think I'll staple something to the catalogs.

I'm in purchasing at my day job & backorders happen. There can be months that a product sits on the shelf then BAM! multiple orders and wiped out. With the Pampered Chef it's the same thing. You can analyze every report and try to forecast every sale but it is impossible to be 100% accurate all the time. There's just no saying what products customers will want. Each consultant demos different recipes and products. Providing excellent customer service is the key. If done properly, this could be a way to increase sales. If customers are not buying that baker or bottle set now, they have money to spend on something else. When those items are back in stock, contact the customer and see if they still want it at that time. Use this as another opportunity to contact our customers. Just my 2 cents.

Hate to ask this but...Does anyone remember how long the original Cranberry stuff was on stop sell? I think it was almost an entire selling season. Just like the Woven Selections when they pulled them because of the poor quality.
I do not want to sound trite about this to anyone here but I have friends in about 4 different Direct Sales companies and yes, it does happen all the time. First and foremost it is OUR FAULT they went on stop sell. If we had not been so good at selling them, they would still be there. Just kidding!
You gotta remember, just like retail, some times you just never know how well something will sell. Slinkies are a good example. They manufactured about 1000 of the things and ended up selling millions, trillions and then some.
Also, they do run production for about 6 months prior to introducing products to the catalog. They had alot in stock. They just worked much better than they anticipated. And being in ceramics classes myself, you don't want to mass produce to fast either or you end up with junk. As far as the decorator bottles, I can barely give them away so... Markets are fickle! And our products have to be good and no amount of rushing, belittling of PC or anything else will make them appear any sooner than they can. So sit back, relax, and please don't hold your breath! You WILL turn blue! Sell Mandolins!

I'm not going to use stickers...just explain the situation at shows. Stickers take too much time and people will probably still try to order it!! I had a show tonight and explained how they were so popular blah, blah, blah :) No one got mad and they all seemed to nod and smile, like they understood the situation.

John, I think the cranberry stoneware situation was different. It was a quality issue (glaze was not up to standards) and effected all pieces. This is a "quantity" issue....can't keep up with the demand for the one piece.

I got the email about the stickers how in the world do I order them PP won't let me .... grrrrr

When I first started they had a chillzane piece on stop sell and then they said it would never be back due to the manufacturer

I'm so glad some of us remain positive....
Teresa Lynn said:
This too shall pass!!
It really isn't the end of the world, it just feels like it to some HA!!
PC has a fantastic marketing and sales team!! Let's be fair, we know they had to have many in stock when we began the selling season they can not predict the exact # of products we will sell to our customers in any given day, week or month.

Have you ever had to have a rain check at Target because they couldn't keep up with the advertised special?

I personally think the decorator bottles are the biggest joke since we've had the nasty magic mop but I sold over 15 sets not even taking them to my shows.

We still work for an incredible company, and the little glitches like this will happen. Fortunately, it is very seldom. I'd venture to say our last stop sell was about 5 years ago. I'd rather they put them on STOP SELL than rush and give us an inferior product.

Focus your demo and shows on a higher priced item like our versatile roaster.

Teresa

I really like this site until a lot of people really start complaining and putting PC/HO etc. down. This is the BEST DSA I've ever worked with and know it was out of their hands. I too was afraid of the price scaring others off. I don't think much of the sqeezy bottles either and am surprised how well they've been received.

Thanks;

Liz

stop sell stickers
mommyhugz1978 said:
I got the email about the stickers how in the world do I order them PP won't let me .... grrrrr

I read where new orders it will automatically be shipped out with enough SS stickers for ordered items, the ones we need to order for current catalogs we're to fill out and write in.

HTH;

Liz

Leah try doing an update to see if you can get it in

I have done both the program update and product update and nothing so I am goingn to email tech support about it.

While I agree to focus on the Mandoline and the Roaster, I can't help being pissed about the covered baker. I had hosts book with the intention of getting it for 1/2 price. Now what do I say at their show when they are excited to get it? Do I cancel all the shows til January (if they'll even be caught up by then) and completely miss the holiday sales? I know getting all worked up won't do me any good, but I can't believe they couldn't have anticipated the popularity of this item.

Paige Dixon said:
While I agree to focus on the Mandoline and the Roaster, I can't help being pissed about the covered baker. I had hosts book with the intention of getting it for 1/2 price. Now what do I say at their show when they are excited to get it? Do I cancel all the shows til January (if they'll even be caught up by then) and completely miss the holiday sales? I know getting all worked up won't do me any good, but I can't believe they couldn't have anticipated the popularity of this item.
I agree. I love this company and products and my experience with it has been amazing, a true God-send for me, but I am very disappointed about this. I just hope they get it ironed out. I'm sure the people at HO are furious as its one of the big, new items and we can't sell it. I didn't care for the decorator bottles, but I know some people who are going to be disappointed. They may all together choose to go with another manufacturer. That wouldn't be the first time.

AJPratt said:
I agree. I love this company and products and my experience with it has been amazing, a true God-send for me, but I am very disappointed about this. I just hope they get it ironed out. I'm sure the people at HO are furious as its one of the big, new items and we can't sell it. I didn't care for the decorator bottles, but I know some people who are going to be disappointed. They may all together choose to go with another manufacturer. That wouldn't be the first time.

I agree, but the biggest thing thats bothering me is Nov is our month for the new Spring products, I REALLY pushed for shows that month. ALSO the Deep Covered Baker is a HIGH PRICED item....sell a handful of those & you're on your way to level 2 (at least):mad:

mommyhugz1978 said:
I have done both the program update and product update and nothing so I am goingn to email tech support about it.

Have you went it and added it manually like we had to do the free receipts a few months ago?

I am really bummed about these items being on stop sell! I know that PC can't do anything about it, but it still sucks!! I was about to get my own baker, but now I am going to wait and give the customers theirs first!!

I am so bummed about this!! I have only sold one set of bottles and none of the bakers this season. I wanted one for myself VERY badly though!!

I am ok with this. After hearing all the concerns about all the discontinued products, I am not going to be upset. These items will be back.
I also was invited to a Southern Living Show yesterday and I started comparing PC to them and then other direct sales companies. Comparing shipping, price of products, etc...

We are very lucky and a GREAT company. Our products are affordable, acheivable and in my opionion the BEST!!!!

So as far as a small set back I will look at it as something that happens and take it as it comes. I will not be upset when I see what others get in comparason to what we get.

Pampered Chef is a great company and there is a reason for this!

Ok, I'll stop now and move on. Iv'e said my 2 cents.

Schel :D

I know that they did a stop sell on the round woven and then came back with a much better quality piece.

I just checked ebay out of curiousity and didn't find much. There are two bottle sets going for about $6.00 bucks a piece.

The October 17 Weekly Bites includes alternative stoneware pieces to use to make the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding. It won't help you with the stop sell, but if you've got that recipe planned, you can still do it.

Sold Out ItemsI was disappointed to hear both the covered baker and decorator bottles were temporarily sold out too. I got the email last week. My host in Sept ordered it, and I had to send her an email first stated due to the high volume of sales of the covered baker, they were backordered and she wouldn't get them til later in oct or Nov. The day after I emailed her I received the email about the products temporarily sold out. My Customer was happy to report she received her covered baker and was relieved!

I hope the products aren't sold out for too long.. I really wanted to get that baker and decorator bottle set for myself too :confused: oh dear....:(

Well onward and upward!!!

Cheers:rolleyes:

hi, okay, curious..... they shipped the backorders - any news on anything coming off stop ship???? I have lost at least $100.00 in orders for decorator bottles .

any info would be great!

I don't know any secrets...but ...hopefully they will let us sell them in NOVEMBER and it will help us reach our goals for free Spring products!!
Good luck girls!

Well, I just got my Deep Covered Baker from my Director's pack. It was supposed to be shipped some time in November. Maybe they are getting more in stock?

decorator bottlesI just received my back ordered bottles today in the mail. Maybe they are starting to catch up. This could be a good sign....

Baker & BottlesI received my Baker yesterday and an email stating that my deco bottles have shipped - YIPPEE!! I just hope we have ample inventory in time for November sales and Christmas gift buyers.

I Can't Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am equally upset but thankfully I got mine early and was able to demonstrate at a couple shows. I do have a long list of guests who would like notification when they are available again. Hopefully that will boost my online sales. Positive thinking is all we can do.
Hang in there everyone.:)

Yeah I was frustrated myself. I had a guest at yesterday's show say the reason they came was to order the covered baker. It killed me to tell them that I am unable to take orders for it!

jasonmva said:
Yeah I was frustrated myself. I had a guest at yesterday's show say the reason they came was to order the covered baker. It killed me to tell them that I am unable to take orders for it!

I also had a customer upset that she couldn't order the DCB and she only placed an order for $25.00. I could have had a order for $70.00 instead.
FRUSTRATING!!!
I hope that things turn around soon!
Schel :(

Whoo-hoo!!!Just got an email from HO! Backordered items have shipped!!!!!!!!!!

Me too! My customer will be soooo happy - she really really wants her baker!

That email about backorder items being shipped doesn't include the two items on stop sell does it?? I just had one customer order the set of 3 paring knives...

The notice I got was for the Baker I ordered. I didn't have anything else on BO.

My back-ordered bakers showed up today. Now all I need are the decorator bottles - has anyone received those yet?

I wish the Stop sell were over now. I have had 5 guests wanting the decorator bottles and 1 baker! And it hurts the host who would have otherwise had them added to her show! :O(

My first set of backordered decorator bottles came today. I have 15 more on backorder.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
melissakc
  • gilliandanielle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies
Views
AJPratt