• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay, so This Really Stinks!!! (Long!)

In summary, the person was trying to reach a sales goal of $5000 by their 90th day, but still needed $1179.69 in sales. They were inspired by another consultant's success with a 24-hour Halloween sale and decided to try a similar promotion. They received some orders, but their show for tonight was cancelled and they were disappointed that they may not reach their goal. They considered offering a Black Friday sale and also offering discounted cookware to boost their Pan-O-Rama points. They also planned to call the host who cancelled and offer a catalog show with incentives to help them reach their goal.
urbnk8
Monday is my 90th day and as of this last week, I still needed $1179.69 in sales to hit my $5000. If I could submit that amount and 2 shows by Monday, I would get another $200 PC bucks.

I had one show schedued (for tonight) but that was it. So I was thinking, what can I do to get these sales? I had seen the thread where PampMomof3 did her 24 hour Halloween sale and made her goal (which was awesome, by the way!!). I considered doing something similar but I don't have a very big customer base yet and of course, my friends and family are pretty much tapped out from all my start up shows.

Well, I decided to try anyway and sent out an email offering 10% off and free shipping on any orders through the weekend, and of course, host benefits to those who collected $150 or more.

I actually got some responses and got about $526 in orders so far! So I thought, "Oh my gosh, I actually have a chance at hitting my goal!" Of course depending on my show tonight, which I figured would cover a good chunk of what I needed. Plus, I was going to work another craft sale tomorrow to try and get some additional orders to make up for what I needed.

Well, I rushed around all afternoon like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get ready for my show because I haven't had one since Nov. 1. As I'm getting ready to walk out the door, my host's husband calls and says that she's sick and he's calling everyone on the list to cancel!!!!!

So there goes ANY chance at all of me reaching my goal! This really stinks! I really wanted to get it. Those extra PC bucks would have done a lot of my Christmas shopping, as we are very broke from my DH getting laid off for the winter sooner than we had thought. (he is working another job now, but it takes a long time to catch up!)

I will still get $50 PC bucks for submitting two shows but $200 would have been nicer!!!

So, the Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle I had made for the show became my Birthday cake (my b-day is Sunday) and DH and the kids sang to me. (and no, I'm not going to be 30...;) )

Sorry, just had to get that all off my chest...just very disappointed. ANY other time it would not really be that big of a deal!!!

Oh, Heather, I'm so sorry. I hope all the rest of your birthday wishes come true.

Don't give up yet, you still have a few days!

Do the Black Friday sale that is under files!!! You have nothing to loose and your goal to gain! Good luck~keep us posted!

How about offering the same deal (the 10% off) at the craft fair? That may sway people into ordering there instead of just taking a catalog. Make a big sign and put on a smile!!

sfdavis918 said:
How about offering the same deal (the 10% off) at the craft fair? That may sway people into ordering there instead of just taking a catalog. Make a big sign and put on a smile!!

I will still do this I think, but I just still have so far to go! I was also thinking of offering a set (or 2) of cookware at 50% off (using a half-price item from the show I will be submitting with these orders) to try and boost my Pan-O-Rama points. I am only 4 points away from getting the 5 pc executive to go with my 7 pc! I will keep you posted but I'm just not feeling too great about it. I only have 3 days!

I'd call the host that canceled tonight and offer her something to pull together a catalog show from those that were going to attend. Since they were already planning on coming and placing an order, it shouldn't be too hard to do...with the proper incentive :)

Let her know that you have a goal you are trying to meet and need her help.

Worth a try! Good Luck!

GeorgiaPeach said:
I'd call the host that canceled tonight and offer her something to pull together a catalog show from those that were going to attend. Since they were already planning on coming and placing an order, it shouldn't be too hard to do...with the proper incentive :)

Let her know that you have a goal you are trying to meet and need her help.

Worth a try! Good Luck!

That's a good idea but apparently she was too sick to call and cancel herself! Her husband did it for her. So, I would feel kind of weird...maybe I'll email her.

The worst part is, the last email I got from her today said, "Great, I'll see you soon!" and it was at about 2:15 pm. I guess things went downhill fast!?

Do you think she maybe really wasn't sick? Maybe she didn't have anyone coming and was too embarrassed to tell you so she had her DH call?

Heather-I am so sorry about your show. Good luck this weekend. Remember you have until midnight on Monday to pull it off. My 90 days are up on Wed. We signed at the same time!!

After Monday you can focus on the rest of the month and get some free spring products. Don't we all love the word FREE!

Happy Birthday!
Layla

BTW-congrats on all the Pan-O-Rama points!!

dianevill said:
Do you think she maybe really wasn't sick? Maybe she didn't have anyone coming and was too embarrassed to tell you so she had her DH call?

It kind of makes you wonder...but she's a Princess House Consultant so I would hope that she wouldn't do that intentionally! Plus, I agreed to do a PH show for her!

laylaleigh said:
Heather-I am so sorry about your show. Good luck this weekend. Remember you have until midnight on Monday to pull it off. My 90 days are up on Wed. We signed at the same time!!

After Monday you can focus on the rest of the month and get some free spring products. Don't we all love the word FREE!

Happy Birthday!
Layla

BTW-congrats on all the Pan-O-Rama points!!

Thanks for all the kind words and support!!

To all!

urbnk8 said:
It kind of makes you wonder...but she's a Princess House Consultant so I would hope that she wouldn't do that intentionally! Plus, I agreed to do a PH show for her!
Do you think she would possibly reschedule for a little later in the month? As long as it closes by Nov. 5th, it counts for Sellathon. I know that won't help you with your 90 Days......but it would at least count for something that way.

Heather, Happy Birthday and I am so sorry about your host postponing at the last minute. Would she be willing to do the following? (THis is just a thought, you will have to weigh whether it is worth doing)
Call and first ask how she is feeling.
After a short chat, explain to her that your have a sales goal and that you are very close to your sales goal. Ask her if she would mind if you called her guests and sort of do a phone catalog show with them. Answer questions, offer tips, etc.
Offer her an additional $20 on her host order for helping you achieve your goal(after everything else has been ordered, this will boost your sales a hair further)
Not sure if this helps, but it is what flew off my head this morning (quite dangerous!!) But whatever the outcome...you have done well in your first 90 days. Be proud and forge ahead...you will earn that $200 another way with our business if you keep the pace you are currently doing.
If you start to feel bad...look at the next incentive or goal to take your mind off from any negative thoughts!!
Good luck.

urbnk8 said:

Still makes you wonder...maybe she had someone schedule her to do a show for them...hope she wouldn't do that though.

I have had sick times like that. I would call her the next day to see how she is feeling & then mention the catalog show.

Ugh. It DOES stink when things like this happen!!!!

On the last day of my 30 days I didn't realize until literally ONE MINUTE until midnight that I only needed a $25 order to get another $100 in PC bucks. I was so stunned that I sat and drooled at the computer for fifteen minutes!!

pamperedape said:
Ugh. It DOES stink when things like this happen!!!!

On the last day of my 30 days I didn't realize until literally ONE MINUTE until midnight that I only needed a $25 order to get another $100 in PC bucks. I was so stunned that I sat and drooled at the computer for fifteen minutes!!

Oh my gosh!! That really stinks!!!

1. Why is the product called "Okay, so This Really Stinks!!!"?

The product is called "Okay, so This Really Stinks!!!" because it is specifically designed to eliminate strong odors in the kitchen, such as garlic, onions, and fish. The name is meant to be humorous and attention-grabbing.

2. How does the product work?

The product works by using a combination of natural ingredients and enzymes to break down and neutralize odor-causing molecules. Simply spray it in the air or on surfaces where strong odors are present, and the product will start working immediately.

3. Is the product safe to use around food?

Yes, the product is safe to use around food. It is made with all-natural ingredients and does not contain any harsh chemicals or artificial fragrances. However, it is recommended to avoid spraying directly on food.

4. How long does the product's effects last?

The product's effects can last for several hours, depending on the strength of the odor and the amount of product used. For stronger odors, it may be necessary to reapply the product after a few hours.

5. Can the product be used on fabrics?

Yes, the product can be safely used on fabrics to eliminate odors. It is recommended to spot test on a small, inconspicuous area first to ensure that there are no adverse effects on the fabric.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies