• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, This May Be a Little Cheesy.....

In summary, the author is looking for help coming up with a memorable name for her website and is considering "TheRunawayChef," "Pampered Chef," "Cookin' with Becky," and "CathysKitchen." She ultimately decides on "Pampered Chef."
RunawayChef
I don't know what I want my website to be named....you know, whatever you put on the end of your web address....Now I'm looking at all of these User ID's everyone has and I want to come up with something witty and memorable.
I love to run so I was thinking TheRunawayChef (hence the User ID here)
but now I'm kind of thinking....eh....it's just "ok".
I am Air Force
Hubby's Army
2 Kids, Katie and Bailey
Love to scrapbook

Scrapbookin_cook??? (I am thinking I like that better than "TheRunawayChef"

I have no imagination and am turning to you for help...yes, complete strangers that don't know me from Joe.....but I am desperate. :p

Hmm, for your website... I wouldn't use the scrapbooking...it makes me think of that more than the cooking. I don't know why that takes away from the cooking part, but it does. I like the runaway chef. I wanted to come up with something creative too, but then I ended up with my first initial, last name. I wanted something people could remember/relate to.

If I had to do it again, I would just use my first & last name. Or maybe first initial & last name.

My website is /crystalscookingnow. It's ok, but it's hard for people to remember & it's too long to fit nicely on stamps, buz cards, etc.

Just my .02.

Oh, and one other thing... you can change the name of your website, so what you pick is not ingrained in stone. However, I wouldn't really recommend changing it. Once you get it out there, you want people to go on there, even if they haven't been to show in a while. Ya know.

I would keep it short b/c it is less for them to remember. And when doing business cards or stamps the shorter the more room you will have too. I wish I had of kept my email short! It is pamperyourchef@

I have "Helping you Pamper Your-chef!" on most of my stuff, so, i used /pyc for pamper your-chef.

My recruiter's is cookin_in_combat_boots and I LOVE it....but you're right, it is a bit long... I ♥ you Jess, if you're on here...lol

Ohhh Jennifer I like your Quote! Mine is "Cook it, Love it, Share it"

Melissa is right...I know a few consultants who put in things that NO ONE could possibly ever remember. The big tip from the HO web people, use your name. mine is simply my first name inital, last name initial and a simple word to remember. You could just use the 2 or 3 initals of your full name.
The easier it is the better.

I tried all kinds of versions of my name when I first got my website - chefbecky, chefbeckypc, chefbeckyd, beckyskitchen, etc .....I didn't want to use my last name, because people misspell it all the time - so I finally ended up with /cookinwithbecky.

I second the comments about keeping it short, simple, and easy to remember. What you choose is what they are going to have to remember to find your website.
leggy

I just have my 1st & last name. Easy to remember.

If you're air force, why not just "runwaychef?"Or jetchef.

stacywhitlow said:
I just have my 1st & last name. Easy to remember.
me too. I couldn't think of anything cute.

There are a few items related to PWS addresses in the policies, but I don't know how stringently HO enforces them.
policies said:
It’s important that Consultants represent themselves as independent sales people and in no way imply they represent The Pampered Chef® corporate office. Therefore, new Personal Web Site subscribers must include their first and/or last name in their Personal Web Site address. For example, www. pamperedchef. biz/ susieglutz.The part of the .biz address you customize may not include The Pampered Chef® corporate name, the tagline, any trademark used by the company or any derivation of such, for instance, the words “pamper,” “pampered,” “chef,” “discover,” “in you,” etc.Consultants signing up for a new Personal Web Site will see these guidelines in message form on Consultant’s Corner. They will be programmed into our system for automatic enforcement.
So, sorry, technically you can't pick anything with "chef" in it.

use your last name then kitchen
ex. joneskitchen

I did "cathyskitchen" and used the same for my free email account that I use for my business. It makes it easy for people to remember both. I do think just using your First Initial and Last Name OR First Name and Last Initial are good options, too - easy to remember. Like someone else said above, once you pick one, just stick with it.

ok this may be a little cheesy...When I signed up for my website, I put in the first thing I thought of and it was approved, so I went with it. pamperedchef.biz/ruthiecooks I have only had my site for a month now, no action yet.

I did first name last initial. I didn't know it would let you know if the name was already taken. I assumed that my first name was so I didn't even try it. A couple weeks later, I found out no one had my first name. Wish I would have used just that!

I would keep it short and sweet. If you are going to reference anything, I would have it reference something cooking wise. Your runaway chef is cute. I was bummed cuz /Kelly was taken, and I did NOT want to use my last name since it is so often mispelled and mispronounced. I ended up with /KellysPage and if it was one character longer, I couldn't have fit it on my stamp with my info on it. Keep it short enough that you can put it on a stamp and have it on ALL of your paperwork to promote the website!

I like 'TheRunawayChef' myself...it's cute and memorable.

I toyed with a bunch of ideas but decided to stick with my email nickname 'cdnsue' Most everyone knows me by this name, a nickname I picked up years ago. It's early days yet, but so far I've had a good response.

I totally agree with trying to keep it short and easy. If you ever want to get personalized items it can be verry tough to get our websites on it because of the length.

Mine is /paulette because it's easy to remember and my last name gets misspelles all the time!

How about /chefAmi?

although I thought PC now wanted new subscriptions to be personal names only?

I'm into short and easy. Mine is /jill

Nobody calls me JAE except people on CS.

Reminder: She can't use the word "Chef" in her website name - it's against the rules. So, although "runawaychef" is cute, she can't use it. "cookingwithami" or "amiskitchen" might be the way to go.

or runawayamy, or runawaycook

I did not use my name because both first and last are easy to mis -spell. Niki Schmidt could be spelled many different ways and I want people to be able to find my site. I went with /kitchencreator because I am also a kitchen designer for Home Depot. Now I tell people,"I can help you design your dream kitchen and then help you fill it with great tools." Even though I can't just blurt out at Home Depot that I also do Pampered Chef, if I can wiggle it in as a responce to something I am asked, I don't have to feel to guilty about it. I figure if I am promoting Home Depot at my PC shows, I can promote PC at Home Depot.

Related to Ok, This May Be a Little Cheesy.....

What is "Ok, This May Be a Little Cheesy....."?

"Ok, This May Be a Little Cheesy....." is a collection of delicious and easy-to-make recipes that use Pampered Chef's cheese grater and other kitchen tools.

Do I need a Pampered Chef cheese grater to make these recipes?

While we highly recommend using a Pampered Chef cheese grater for the best results, you can use any cheese grater you have on hand to make these recipes.

Are the recipes in "Ok, This May Be a Little Cheesy....." suitable for people with dietary restrictions?

Yes, there are a variety of recipes in this collection that cater to different dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Each recipe includes a list of ingredients and dietary information for easy reference.

Can I use pre-shredded cheese in these recipes?

We always recommend using freshly grated cheese for the best flavor and texture. However, if you are short on time, pre-shredded cheese can be used as a substitute.

Do I need any other Pampered Chef tools to make these recipes?

Most of the recipes in "Ok, This May Be a Little Cheesy....." can be made using just a cheese grater. However, there are a few recipes that may require other Pampered Chef tools such as a mixing bowl or a baking dish. The necessary tools are listed at the beginning of each recipe for your convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sfdavis918
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • erinyourpclady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton