• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

OK, that was awkward

crystalscookingnow

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2006
I had a lead today on my website. It was a man requesting more info about purchasing products. I just called & got whom I believe to be his wife. Instantly I think Christmas gifts. I left a message & was trying to be vague but not too much so. I could tell she was like, Why is this woman calling & asking for my husband?

Ack. I know if it was my husband who was trying to surprise me with something for Christmas & the consultant ruined it, he would be a little upset.

I just hope she gives him the message. LOL!

JAE

Legacy Member
Jun 3, 2007
Didn't he leave an e-mail address? That would be weird.

crystalscookingnow

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2006
He left an e-mail address too - but it was the family one. It was just way strange. I asked my husband about it & he said, that's all you said? What was I supposed to say?? So, now, he's got to fess up and I hope that he will at least call me back.

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
Maybe he's just the cook in the family!

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Did you at least say you were with THe Pampered Chef?
I'm sure if you did that, yes, it might give away a tad bit MAYBE, but at least she wouldn't be mad at him. How could she if she suspected he might be trying to get her some PC for Christmas!? :)

JAE

Legacy Member
Jun 3, 2007
Maybe you could have said, "I'm a home party direct sales consultant, and your husband contacted me saying he wanted information about my company's products. It was probably about a Christmas gift, and I don't want to spill the beans. Could I leave my name and number for him to call me back?"

Of course, I suppose she could think her husband is looking into a "shady" home business of some sort.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Good thing he didn't call a "passion" consultant. *lol* Not too much risque about our products....:)

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
For future reference you could just say: "[Customer name] contacted me through my web page saying that he was interested in making a purchase and I'm returning his call. Since it's so close to Christmas and I don't know if this is supposed to be a surprise or not, can I just leave my name & number without revealing my company name? I'd rather be safe & not spoil this if it's supposed to be a surprise. ;)"

This leaves her wondering who you are, but not wondering if her husband is sneaking around with another woman or cheating. You know? If he has to come home to an angry wife who's suspicious that he's having an affair or something, he's definitely NOT going to want to call you back or make a purchase. He'll be too angry at the way this was all handled.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
On a side note, if this was supposed to have been a surprise, he should have given his cell #, work # and work e-mail ... not home info!!! :D

crystalscookingnow

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2006
So do I call her back with some of these words? Or just let it be?

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Personally, I'd just let it be for now.

crystalscookingnow

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2006
Well, he just called me back & thanked me for not ruining the surprise by saying our company name. Phew. :)

susanr613

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2007
Yay Crystal - way to go! I hope he ordered a lot!

crystalscookingnow

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2006
A grinder & peppercorn medley. BUT - he was very appreciative & said that he'd keep my name for future reference. :)

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
That's good!! It's always nice to have a happy customer.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
:D

Now watch the wife call back when you aren't home, listen to your voicemail & ruin the surprise for herself! LOL

Last edited:

crystalscookingnow

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2006
Well, my home phone isn't working & my cell is on me at all times. :D Unless I'm sleeping or in the shower, I should be able to intercept!

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
Just after Christmas, mail out a catalog with the Host special for the next few months and remember to put a Thank you note in there too!

aka1908

Novice Member
Feb 5, 2009
Sheila...that is too funny!

JAE

Legacy Member
Jun 3, 2007
Good! Glad it worked out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach