• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok...so Everyone in My Area Is Talking About a Show Called CuPampered Chefake

maybe for a recipe? Kosher salt is a type of salt that is kosher. It is usually packaged in a big box like rock salt. The difference between it and rock, sea, or reg. salt is that kosher salt is made with a higher concentration of iodine. It is used for cooking because it doesn't absorb as much water as other salts. You can use it for cooking or for seasoning. Other than kosher salt, you can also use sea salt, rock salt, or regular salt.Re: kosher salt
Shawnna
Gold Member
Ok...so everyone in my area is talking about a show called cupcake wars...I haven't seen it, but I'm curious now. I love cupcakes...when I make a cake, most of it goes to waste because we just aren't big on eating large quantities of sweets.

So, what makes a great cupcake? I generally just use a boxed mix and frosting. But I was wondering how to convert some of our awesome cakes...turtle fudge skillet cake...into cupcakes without them being so messy you can't eat them.

And, my friend's daughter did a cake war for her birthday party...she is 10...and they had a blast. So, could this be a theme show? What would it take to make it work?

So, if you have an awesome cupcake recipe and don't mind sharing I would love to have it. And, any and all suggestions and/or comments on this type of show is appreciated.

Re: cupcakesI am making cupcakes this weekend for my daughters 14th Bday with the family . I feel the same way the whole cake will not go
I am looking for a good butter cream frosting recipe for them
does anyone have a good one

Re: cupcakesThe cupcakes in the new Season's Best are pretty good. Or even if you go for regular cupcakes and use the pastry filling with the glaze topping. Adds something different than just regular frosting and plain cupcakes. I might do these for the bridal shower I'm planning and maybe tint the topping in the colors for the wedding.

Re: cupcakesLove my buttercream recipes. Here they are:2 Cups Butter, softened
8 Cups Confectioner's Sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons vanilla (I use clear because I don't want the tint to my icing, but it doesn't matter really)
about 3-4 TBS of milkCream butter until it's fluffy. Add sugar little by little until well incorporated. Add salt and vanilla and mix together. Beat in milk, tablespoon by tablespoon, until the frosting is creamy and light. You'll know when you get the right texture. (-:For Chocolate buttercream, I omit about 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar and replace it with cocoa powder. I use about 1/3 cup of cocoa powder, though. And I add it just before the milk.

Re: cupcakesWhat a fun party idea. Cupcake wars! It would work for almost any kind of party where you would normally do a traditional cake - baby shower, bridal shower, birthday party!

Re: cupcakes
deanna_g said:
Love my buttercream recipes. Here they are:

2 Cups Butter, softened
8 Cups Confectioner's Sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons vanilla (I use clear because I don't want the tint to my icing, but it doesn't matter really)
about 3-4 TBS of milk

Cream butter until it's fluffy. Add sugar little by little until well incorporated. Add salt and vanilla and mix together. Beat in milk, tablespoon by tablespoon, until the frosting is creamy and light. You'll know when you get the right texture. (-:

For Chocolate buttercream, I omit about 1/2 cup of confectioner's sugar and replace it with cocoa powder. I use about 1/3 cup of cocoa powder, though. And I add it just before the milk.

This is the reason that I finally got myself a KitchenAid Mixer - now I can walk away and still make awesome frosting that does not come out of a can! I can't wait to try this version. Thanks for sharing.​

Re: cupcakesThanks for the Butter cream frosting

looks great

Re: cupcakesbumping this for more ideas...thanks everyone...and thanks for the icing recipe

Re: cupcakesI found a recipe online called Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla Cupcakes. The recipe was on Marthastewart.com and these cupcakes are a recipe from Billy's Bakery in New York City. These are really good cupcakes and they give a recipe for buttercream frosting and a chocolate buttercream frosting. They taste so much like the cupcakes we got from a local cupcake bakery. Here is the link for it: http://www.marthastewart.com/search/apachesolr_search/billy's%20vanilla%20cupcakes

Re: cupcakesDeanna, Ihank you for the recipe for butter cream I will never buy frosting again I will make this all the time now

Re: cupcakesOnce you start making your own homemade frosting you may never want to go back to using a canned frosting. The buttercream frosting is so good.

Re: cupcakesthanks for the link Sandy

Also, I have a question for anyone who can answer it...what is kosher salt? I have never heard of cooking kosher salt, so I looked for it at the grocery store. I found it with the rock salt in a big box. Is this normally how it is packaged? Also, what is the difference between it and rock, sea, or reg. salt? I normally use sea salt. And, what else would you use kosher salt for?

Thanks.

Re: cupcakesThis variation is really good too. I don't recommend it if you are going to decorate because it's kinda soft. But just to frost the cake it is delicious!

Marshmallow Buttercream Icing Recipe

1 cup butter, softened
1 7-ounce jar Marshmallow Fluff
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a large bowl, combine butter and Marshmallow Fluff. Beat until smooth and creamy. Reduce speed and slowly add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture until soft and fluffy.

Re: cupcakesI love this idea too! The only thing I would worry about is the time that we need to let the cupcakes cool. Maybe bring cupcakes already made so those can be decorated?
I was at the grocery store and found this magazine about cupcakes. It has great recipes and decorating ideas and also recipes for 7 different frostings. I think I am going to make Red Velvet Cupcakes either today or tomorrow and see if the recipe can be used at a show. :)

Re: cupcakesThat Vanilla vanilla cupcake recipe sounds delicious!!

OK...so now I have some other questions. I am not a fancy, educated cook. I just learned from my mom and Granny. We always used self-rising or all purpose flour, confection sugar was powdered sugar, etc.

So, what is the difference between cake flour and self-rising flour? And, is there a difference between confectioners sugar and regular powdered sugar?
Also, I don't have a mixer with a paddle attachment...does it make a big difference? I want a kitchen-aide mixer but am trying to wait till I get my new house built.

thanks for the help...

What is the name of your cupcake magazine...

Last edited:
Re: cupcakesThe magazine is Better Homes & Gardens Special Interest Publication - Cupcakes

Re: cupcakesThanks...I'm gonna check out the magazine.

Re: cupcakesShawnna I found this link about the difference between cake flour and self rising flour. Hope this helps.
http://www.livingonadime.com/articles/which-flour-do-i-need.html

When I made the Vanilla, vanilla cupcakes I used the cake flour in them. I think that convectioners sugar and regular powdered sugar are the same thing.
I'm sure that any mixer would work out just fine if you don't have the kitchen aid with the paddle attachment.

Re: cupcakesHas anyone demo-ed the strawberry cream cupcake desserts or the new SB Glazed Lemon cupcakes at a show?? MY host want's to do cupcakes and cosmos!! Help!!!

Re: cupcakesOn Facebook I receive notes for Betty Cocker. You can go there if this information does not work for you to find this as it was posted yesterday:

The Big Book of Cupcakes: Sneak Peek!
Get ready for adorably decorated and deliciously flavored cupcakes made easy! The Big Book of Cupcakes features 175 delightful cupcakes, all using new and fun decorating ideas anyone can master and simple ingredients available anywhere! Pre-order your copy now! Click here for info: http://bit.ly/ijsGqw See a sneak peek here: Sneak Peek - Big Book of Cupcakes
By: Betty Crocker
Photos: 23.. You will see several different types of cupcakes. May we can do with our PC products!

Re: cupcakesWe had a cupcake class at a meeting.

Tips were:
Use 1 cup buttermilk instead of 1 cup of the water in recipe.

After cool, make regular pudding (not instant) or buy pudding cups. Use the EAD w/ long, skinny tip to fill inside of cupcake.

There were a lot of different ideas. Some as simple as frost and roll the edges of the cupcake in sprinkles.

Cut mini marshmallows and lay in circles starting in center. Sprinkle with colored sugar and put a skittle or M&M in middle for your Mum.

if you google, there are lots of websites for decorating cupcakes. It was fun and shows a lot of tools :chef:

Re: cupcakesi love making midnight chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter icing..so yummy tastes like a reese's cup

Re: cupcakesYou're all welcome for the recipe. I've never ever had a better buttercream in my life. It's all about texture!

Re: cupcakesI made the Lemon Raspberry cupcakes in the SB for my first show today. Made them in advance to have out, and demo'd something different, but the cupcakes were well received. Everyone said how good they were, and many people went back for seconds. I thought they had kind of a funny taste. Not bad, but there was odd note to something. But, as I said, everyone loved them. And they're beautiful!

Re: cupcakesWe did a cupcake party for DD's 9th birthday last month nd it was so fun. I had prebaked the cupcakes, they decorated them and boxes they got to take home along with aprons. It was a ton of fun.

As for the buttercream - use real butter (it's not called margarinecream frosting for a reason!) and make sure it's softened well to make it extra yummy. It is all about the texture.

Re: cupcakesBumping this for more great ideas...I know it may be annoying for some, but I could use all the help I can get...lol I will say that I bought what was needed to make the Vanilla, Vanilla cupcakes and frosting...I can't wait to try them.

What is CuPampered Chefake?

CuPampered Chefake is a popular cooking competition show that is gaining a lot of buzz in the culinary world. It features home cooks who use Pampered Chef products to create delicious and creative dishes.

How can I watch CuPampered Chefake?

CuPampered Chefake is available to watch on various streaming platforms such as Hulu, YouTube TV, and the Food Network website. You can also catch it on cable TV on the Food Network channel.

Is Pampered Chef involved in the production of CuPampered Chefake?

Yes, Pampered Chef is the main sponsor and partner of CuPampered Chefake. Many of the products used on the show are from Pampered Chef, showcasing their versatility and quality in the kitchen.

Are there any special deals or promotions related to CuPampered Chefake?

Yes, Pampered Chef often runs promotions and discounts for their products that are featured on CuPampered Chefake. You can also find exclusive recipes and cooking tips from the show on the Pampered Chef website.

Can I participate in CuPampered Chefake as a contestant?

Unfortunately, the casting for CuPampered Chefake is currently closed. However, keep an eye out for any future casting calls or opportunities to participate in the show. In the meantime, you can still use Pampered Chef products to recreate the dishes featured on the show at home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missyciccolella
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • legacypc46